Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to begin on Valkor

Default Where to begin on Valkor

I like to get the katana.

Thanks.

Well the Katana is actually Valkor's Blood sword. Depending on what shard your on, it varies. Lots of camping involved

I'm on DisOrder. I don't mind camping a bit. Just don't know where to start.

Well you have one half the battle then. Go to where the marrow guards are north east of kirasanct

Jayne, can you tell me what sort of stuff i will need to get? including comps or whatever. Is it a quest or just beat up some mobs? I'm a noob again, and rusty.

Where is Carinde?

Ahhh details sorry.

Valkor is a boss mob that drops various pieces to make certain weapons
    The sword consists of 5 pieces. Once you collect all the pieces you can have someone make it that has the form. Or if you have the right skill weaponcraft, you can scribe the form (1200 skill) and make it yourself. I have not personally made a sword but if its like the reklar stuff which i assume it is, you need only the pieces and no additional comps.

Jayne

Thanks Jayne. Last question: is Valkor really tough?

A good healer and a damage dealer such as I used to be able to kill him. The main concern is making sure not to agro the marrows which nowdays I believe is alot harder then before, so a sorcerer is good to have. And check your PM's

Jayne
    Last edited by Jayne; August 31st, 2006 at 10:01 PM.

Thansk much.

I need to pimp me sorcerer and healer muhaha

I know on unity we have a chat channel and when some1 spots him he/she rallies a group around..he is doable with 2 or 3. Might b good to add his weakness is fire but his true downfall is Life damage, Sword 5 can b got doin the halloween quest swords 1,2,4 are commonish drop sword 3 is the rariest of all

I been beatin on Valbert with some new friends. Awesome. Thanks for the tip guys.

Your most welcome

Jayne

Don't forget to get the quests for Sword 5 and Staff 5, they begin with the Orator in Tazoon, who is in a structure right next to the portal out.

For all intents and purposes Carinde has left the game. She posted a resignation on our guild board, Phillip. I can't say why she hasn't posted a goodbye here to the rest of Order, though a lot of good it would do since it would be deleted as "not being productive for the community."

But no big loss, right? She is "just another old guard player who got bored and quit", right? Easily replaced by the swarms of newer players with a fresh outlook on the game, right?

Right. (/sarcasm off)

Drev

I hate to say it but that is NOT good news! Someone better start turning this around or HZ is done. Not trying to be negative, just seeing alot of very dedicated players leaving is definetly not a good thing

Jayne

I didn't know Carinde left, we talked shortly after EI bought hz and she was very down at the people leaving the game

Ah... the times on the beach we had

***k.

I wanted a pic with her. Was hoping to see her again. I lost all the old screenshots of all the cool stuff we did. Sigh.

I'm surprised she hang this long. After losing Ash it was difficult. We lost so many good members. So many. I came to A&A from my old guild, Souless Immortals, which went from 95 members to just me.

Not a posterboy or anything but it's been this way since before I left. EI got nothing to do with it.

It's not just another old guard leaving. Carinde is a legend.

She was the real Mia.
    Last edited by Phillip; September 27th, 2006 at 07:52 AM.

Ah the "Souless Immortals"! They were a tough group. All they were missing was me . Good to see your still around phillip. Im still lurking on threads when I get a chance.

Viho

Old School Guardian

Viho!!

The guardian dude. The only guardian on the server at the time it seems. You were tough! You did great at Feladan I remember. Hope all is going well for you. The game is not so bad now, log in and see.

Phillip

Default Re: Where to begin on Valkor

Scrolling through old forum posts and came across this thread... I thought some new info should be posted here, as I haven't seen it elsewhere. If the info has already been posted or this is common knowledge I apologize.

Some changes were made to Valkor and his minions at the fortress, although I am not certain when or why although players have said constant complaining about epic quest difficultly and/or campers prompted this change. Whatever, I'm not here to label anyone or start a flame war.

Valkor is no longer confined to his fortress and can be found roaming the surrounding areas, in particular the nearby frozen lakes. He still travels with a few Marrow Guards, and they are the same difficulty as those found within the fortress walls. Marrows can be solo'd by a good fighter of reasonably high level, depending on skill. The werewolf and wolf inside the fortress (don't remember their names) drop pieces for Blood Sword/Blood Talon as well as Valkor. Supposedly Marrows also drop pieces but I haven't seen this firsthand, and a good 30 hours of killing those things didn't drop a single piece.

I'll revise this later with HP counts and names once I find them.

Thread Information