Thread: Greetings from the sleeping Dwarf...

Red face Greetings from the sleeping Dwarf...

Greetings to you all from Bathnor the sleeping Dwarf. Let me start by giving you a brief history of me and Horizions.

I first heard of Horizions a very long time ago on the Horizions website. I read of a great war that would be fought against the undead. Incredible looking races (Angels, Demons, Dragons, ect). There would be racial PvP and that the devs could change the PvP as different races went to war with each other. Dynamic servers ... you'd be able to be running along and literally see a new dungeon appear in front of you ... updates would be able to added without taking the servers down. The servers would all be different .. not all the servers would have the same races/cities freed. And the ability to build your own house. Wow I thought .... what a great game.

Then I didn't hear much about it for a long time. Then I heard that the beta testing for the game was almost finished and that it would be released shortly. I purchaced the game the day it came out and created Bathnor ... my beloved Dwarf.

A lot of things were different from what I had read before the "blackout". Some of the cool races weren't in the game, no PvP, no dynamic servers. Ya know what though I was kinda disapointed but I kept playing cause I was having fun and I thought that the community was great.

Then our server freed the Satyres but we couldn't actually "free" them until all of the other servers also freed them. Oh well so much for all the servers being different.

Then I heard AE was going bankrupt and was going to merge all the servers to try to save money. I was one of those that was tired of being lied to by the staff at AE ... and I put Bathnor to sleep.

I went and played FFXI for awhile. But being a father of 3 my play time is limited. I couldn't become "uber" because it took so long to find a group at higher levels. I started to miss being able to play HZ solo if I needed to. I also wondered how all of the great people who I played with are doing.

I heard from a real life friend (Abysmal), that AE sold HZ and a different company ran things now. A lot of things had changed. I liked that I could build a house and keep stuff in it now. I learned that Tulga is AE and that the same folks ran the show. I also kept getting hit by the lag monster. I'd be running along and run off the edge of the world (I could still see Bath but everything else was white) and by the time i got back ... I was usually dead by mobs that had spawned on top of me. It aso took awhile for mobs to spawn sometimes... run through an area several times before they would appear. So rather than deal with TulgaAE and the lagmonster .... I went into hibernation again.

I feel the urge to take myself out of slumber again. I'm getting cable internet again so hopefully the lag won't be as bad. Whats the new companys plans for HZ? Have the eastern lands been opened up? I hope the new company dosn't lie to the consumers like TulgaAE, cause then I won't even waste my time. Please post your thoughts .... sleep or awaken and why?

Quote Originally Posted by Bathnor
    I hope the new company dosn't lie to the consumers like TulgaAE
    Hahahaha.

Err, anyway.

Welcome Bathnor. Easiest way to do this is to simply play the game (or start a new trial account) and see for yourself.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

The game is as it use to be. It's advanced a lot thanks to TG. Don't expect much from EI yet as they're still learning the ropes and not to mention there's a bit of a fiasco they're trying to get under control...

Patience, as always. That's just how HZ's been from day one though.

Yes, the game is in a state pretty much as you last left it, accept for mabe the additions of lairs and ancient dragons finally. I don't know if they were around when you left. The whole spawn system and lag drives me insane as well. I think a lot of people feel the same way.

Long time no see, Bathnor! Good to see you around. Aby still playing DDO, haven't talked to him in a bit?

Not too much has really changed since you played I don't think. I would sleep a bit longer and wait to see what EI will do. On the other hand, I still play and have fun!

Take care -
    Foxfire Godspell, Ice Queen of Istaria, Dark Defenders
    Manta Guild Community @ Collinswood
    Knoc/Conj, Mastercraftswoman -and-
    Ravagice, Horde Fueled WunderWyrm

Heya Foxfire .. long time no see. Aye Abby's still playing DDO and having a good time at it by what he says. I'm gonna sleep a bit more till I get cable hooked up again. When I get in I'll send ya a tell and let ya know .

Thread Information