Thread: Idea: Teleport Bind Quest

Myste

Cool Idea: Teleport Bind Quest

I had a few ideas while out crafting today..

One of the most annoying things I have to say about crafting is the hauling time and loading time. Now I have Cable internet, but I know one friend of mine who refuses to craft because he's on dialup and can take upwards of 20 minutes for him to load a port. I find myself sometimes having to Portal 2-3 times to bring my goods back to my plot or to my guilds workstations and such.

What I would like to see would be an introduction of a new quest. Obtainable at level 25 any class. The purpose of this quest would be to give the player a teleportation point, similiar to that of ones recall, but instead of being able to use it anywhere, one has to go through a portal, any portal, to be sent to where they set thier point to. It would be simple (I think) to tie this into the already set recall system so that at shrines you culd either "Bind to Object" or "Set Teleportation point to Object." This would give players with plots or lairs in out of the way places, such as Northern Trandalar a good reason to build a shrine in their lair. Be bound out where they are gathering the goods, haul to the nearest portal, and poof in your lair and ready to apply or store goods for later use.

In addition to this another quest could be given to Say dragon lairshapers, Alchemists, or Enchanters of level 75 or greater, to create a Portal stone. These portal stones would then work for their friends to act as a transport to their lair or plot, allowing the dragons with lairs way up in the mountains to bring their pets up, or to show a young hatchling around it to say 'Eventually you too can build something like this.' Or even to just have them aid in hauling supplies.

Now I know it would be most likely a long time before we see any new content as such, but I wanted to toss the idea out while it was fresh on my mind.

Myste/Ashiara

There was talk from Tulga a while ago of being able to have 2 bind points ... You plot/lair bind point and another one .... This never materialised but I think would be a valid worthwhile thing.

As to making it so that you can use a portal to get to your home bind point ... Not sure if that would make it too easy ...

Cool

Make it too easy?
    The Dark Age of Camelot game lets you have a personal bind spot (any bindstone in a city, anywhere) and a house bindspot. If you are out in the middle of nowhere, and want to be elsewhere fast, you hit your house recall stone, port home, then use your personal teleporter (a person you can "buy" to be in your house, like furniture) and get teleported to the far corners of the world.

DAoC, however, lacks a /recall, and you must depend on either dying to get back to your bindspot, or using a time-restricted recall stone. (EDIT: These stones stay with you in your inventory.) There are 3 stones total, a Guild House recall stone, a Personal House recalls tone, and a Personal Bind recall stone. Each has a timer of about 1/2 hour (if I recall correctly) but each one can potentially take you to an area with a teleporter. (And, teleporting is always FREE!)

Also, DAoC has automated (route-following) and personal horses.

And no, those things just save your time so you can do more fun things in the game, they don't make it too easy. Lack of monster AI, overpowered spells/classes, exploits, those things make a game too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourwinds
    There was talk from Tulga a while ago of being able to have 2 bind points ... You plot/lair bind point and another one .... This never materialised but I think would be a valid worthwhile thing.

As to making it so that you can use a portal to get to your home bind point ... Not sure if that would make it too easy ...
    DB stated that this info (second bind point) was no official announcement/preview

it has been made from an developer without official permission (lol)

Would suggest something like a "Rune of Home" which gives you back home (plot/lair), working similar like the Rune of Teleportation for Ancient Dragons, which gives a direct port to the Rift is usable anywhere^^

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Myste

Well the idea of having it as a Portal location was more so that you can drag your disk through it and as a way to seperate it from the current recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    DB stated that this info (second bind point) was no official announcement/preview

it has been made from an developer without official permission (lol)
    Ahh ... that would make sense then ... And would explain why it never was more than a single quote :-D

The solution is quite simple, and it comes from an old game ... Asheron calls

Their was basically three fixt defined places; Your home town which was the death shrine/stone (/recall), your house (/recallhome) and your guild house (/recallguild)

And their was a movable bind; their was bind stone all over the country (each city and major attraction) and each dungeon doorways.

-----

Now that the statement made, when EII get a dev team in place.

Replace all the GH on plots with a warehouse and remove the shrine. All plot owner are bound to their plot's. Other character in the same account can select any plot under their account as a home.

The hardest to put in place is the guild plot recall since they are not associated with guild but with owner, and many guilds have more they one guild plot area. This game loop hole need corrected. No clean solution, the guild will have to choose which onew they keep, and have the guild officers need to be able to administer the guild plot. Guild plot register under guild, not an individual. Then the /recallguild would work perfectly.

Each cities and settlement's have a central shrine (if not a communauty project).

Then communauty project for a "bind shrine" (/recallbind) at well choosen place trough out the world, Half way across far travel point (in mind that draggy quest the other side of bligth) and a "bind stone" to dungeon entrance (door or portals).

I think these would;
    . - Be fair and satisfy everyone (except those with more the one guild area, user that have benifit from a loop hole in the system - in my view a game abuse )
    . - The communauty project would be nice
    . - Once in place remove the boredom of travel.
    Last edited by Nalrach; September 6th, 2006 at 01:14 PM.
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Myste

Once again the original point of my post was missed.

1- To do something exactly like another game is plagurism (sp?). Whether this be something like a recall stone (WoW), or multiple bind points (AC). The Idea of a quest for a choosable/resetable portal destination is not something I have seen before in any game and I've played most of them. And it also incorporates the system that we already have in the game without having to do the entire system over again.

2. As I had said, this was an idea to aid crafter's primarily though anyone would benefit from it. With a disk in tow you can't recall, unless of course a new disk series was put in that allowed it, and personally I think we have too many different types of disks as it is, Standard, Deluxe, Standish, Tarbash, Tarbash Compact, and not the dragon disks. Yes each different type has something special about them, but that's still more then enough different types. Adding in a new disk series would make this into two different things to work on, whereas adding in a bindable portal location would only be one, and still answer some of the requests I have heard about the multiple bind locations.

Thread Information