Thread: Billing Issues

Default Billing Issues

We understand the frustration some are having with billing and other related issues. We would like to ask players to keep communications about billing off the forums and instead go directly to EI. You can contact myself, Amadan, or Nagafen on the boards and PM us with your problems, you can email us at [email protected] .

Some issues are outside of our ability to influence altogether and you will need to contact PayByTouch. They can be reached at

[email protected]
    1-866-729-2986 (US)
    0800 032 6048 (UK)
    http://paybytouch.com/contact/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by GM_Gizmo
    We would like to ask players to keep communications about billing off the forums and instead go directly to EI. You can contact myself, Amadan, or Nagafen on the boards and PM us with your problems, you can email us...
    None of these methods provide any sort of positive, immediate feedback. E-mail and PMs don't provide any assurance of a reply, a timeframe for the reply, nor are they useful when negotiating with other parties, such as convincing a CSR to waive an overdraft charge.

Some players cannot afford to be double billed, or be billed when they cancelled. Telling them to "Wait for a bit and we'll see what we can do." isn't what they want to hear. Piece of mind is important in these situations, and the "official" channels you described do not provide it.

You'll find that in this situation, as in many others, addressing the cause of the complaint will be more effective than telling people not to complain.

How about providing a phone number to call and speak to an EI CSR in real-time?
    How about a toll-free one? 24/7 would be nice, but even a 9-5 sort of deal is better than nothing.

How about a mailing address to send official correspondence to, and so you guys dont look like a 'fly by night' company?

Quote Originally Posted by GM_Gizmo
    Some issues are outside of our ability to influence altogether and you will need to contact PayByTouch....
    This is the kind of instant response people want. Unfortunately, you do not specify what those issues are -- please clarify this so people having trouble don't have to wait for EI to say "Go talk to PayByTouch".

Don't read this post and think "Well, that's not how we run Savage Eden." or "That's not how <other mmo> does it!" or "That's not how Tulga did it!". No. You should be asking yourself these questions:
    1) What is our current reputation?
    2) How are we handling billing and cancellation now?
    3) How are we treating our customers and soon-to-be ex-customers?
    4) Would -I- trust my billing info with a company like this?
    5) Would -I- want to give my money to a company like this?
    6) As a customer, what are my expectations of a company that I do business with?

Wake up. Get it together. Take some responsibility. Hiding problems does not make them go away.

You have account and subscription management pages. If you can't make them function after 3 months why should we think you can manage updates to the game?

Default Billing Thread

Was not created to have folks post, beating up the company. It was posted to provide information , for folks who could utilize this, for their accounts. Thread is now locked.

Thread Information