Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Horizons down???

All I know is EQ2 finishes updating in 1 hr. its a race

Zaz EQ2? You did go to the dark side!!!

Actually "And so it begins" is Vosh's quote at the beginning of season 5 of Babylon 5 (actually he spoke those words in season 1)

We have been "maintenance free and somewhat majorly crash free" for several weeks now... but wow... authentication servers not allowing people to get in has happened before, but not on this scale... and so it begins...
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage
    We have been "maintenance free and somewhat majorly crash free" for several weeks now... but wow... authentication servers not allowing people to get in has happened before, but not on this scale... and so it begins...
    Oh golly Justa! I can remember several occasions where authentication server problems kept me out of the game for hours on end, as recently as this year. Granted, they became relatively infrequent compared to the months after launch (where that problem would pop up at least twice a month), but they did happen from time to time. First time under EI's watch though.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

We all know Forest Gump came up with the idea for the t-shirt S%^& happens. Al Gore is the father of the internet, and Miss Piggy slept with Kermit. But EII did not invent database corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimir
    We all know Forest Gump came up with the idea for the t-shirt S%^& happens. Al Gore is the father of the internet, and Miss Piggy slept with Kermit. But EII did not invent database corruption.
    Al Gore invented database corruption . . .
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Can anyone log in yet? Please

I can log in incredible fast

log out is still automatically

Has there been any official word on an estimated downtime?

EST on when it will be back up ?? Any word on what the problem is ? or still at we are workin' on it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne
    Can anyone log in yet? Please
    No go, still can't log in here. :\

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny
    I can log in incredible fast

log out is still automatically
    *laughs out loud*

Now THAT was funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalyr
    Oh golly Justa! I can remember several occasions where authentication server problems kept me out of the game for hours on end, as recently as this year. Granted, they became relatively infrequent compared to the months after launch (where that problem would pop up at least twice a month), but they did happen from time to time. First time under EI's watch though.
    Difference being - the ones that build and modified the code in the not too distant past were still around to fix it. Smeglor and others weren't just window dressing. We'll see how it goes.
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

Quote Originally Posted by Mimir
    Zaz EQ2? You did go to the dark side!!!
    took 3 hrs to download and update, biggest waste of my time ever. hehe run for the light

Quote Originally Posted by Bulgrim StoneCleaver
    Difference being - the ones that build and modified the code in the not too distant past were still around to fix it. Smeglor and others weren't just window dressing. We'll see how it goes.
    Did they fix the problems with the authentication server? Or did Amadan and the other Tulga (and now EI) contract employee (who did the maintenance and whose name escapes me now) do that?

No idea Tant - I'm hoping things come back up fine, but I worry that the ones that I knew (who REALLY worked on the code/servers for a few years) aren't around anymore. I sure hope that EI got a Rosetta Stone of Horizons before they all left.

I'm not saying TG did it perfectly or right - but atleast they knew how to read it or go: "Oh, this looks like the same problem as the one back in '04; I'll start be looking in suchandsuch spot."
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

If they can't fix it, lets hope they have a viable backup that isn't older than Tulga.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Or somewhere else...

Default On the few...

And their names were Digbe Rasbut, and a Sslik it was. And Kesha, new woken of the smallest ones. And Rolynd Anynd, of the Elven Forests and the mighty bow. And Shargrailer, Ancient of the skies. And Sonea Flinder, Lightning and Fair, mighty and wise. And last, aye and least also... The Fool.

And alone of all they walked and did not sleep, that the lands would not forget the Gifted.

Sephiranoth, called by some ShadowSeeker
    Nobody and Nothing ever, save the Five do Feast
    A Fool that walks among the Wise.

maybell

Just reporting that Drack and I can't get in either. Hey tham whats up with LH forums? anywho hope game is up later... anyone need me check my ICQ or my msn messenger.... laters

Default And alone they walked and did not sleep, that the lands would not forget the Gifted

And it is oh, so very quiet... and lonely...

And a whisper ran about the Hall, and the whisper was in voices high and higher, and not the voices of those older, and mayhap less bold. For the younglings knew their tasks well, and this was one they relished…
    "A song... a song.... a song...."
    As the chant rose, it could be seen that Sonea’s love of the color pink was indeed truly a part of her being, and she looked this way and that, a strangely panicked manner to one who bore blade and had faced many a Foe. But at last she laughed, and she stepped forth to the speaking place.
    “ A song is it? Aye, well and so. For while I indeed sang that day, it was and is no thing that might set a bard to fear for their living… but ‘ by thy will’ as one I know might speak… What song would ye have?�
    And Flozzie did speak forth, and in a voice that showed close knowledge of the subject, he opined that there was a drinking song or three he knew most well… but Sonea declined his offer as gracefully as she might, and thought a while.
    “ Well, look ye, there is a song I first learned in my…. In my younger days…�
    For a moment, a look of intense sorrow passed over Sonea’s face, and then like a shadow of a dream it was gone.
    “ Now… how did it go… ye do see, it spoke of the night sky, that we childer might come to know it and its use. So I will sing it for thee, and if ye know it’s manner, why then let me not wander the sky alone!�
    And she began to sing. And for all her words, her voice was clear and each note of silver, and of a time the true gold of perfect pitch.
    “ There high above, the hunter walks, and ever seeks his prey
    And from him flees the mighty bear, and never it will stay
    And every night they turn about but ever they stay whole,
    For all the sky is like a wheel and tied unto the Pole…�

“ Hah, do ye have it? So come, skywalk with me!�
    “ There high above, the hunter walks….�
    And the children sang, and many a hand clapped time, and the Hall rang with joy.
    And above her as she sang, the ceiling winked and spun, and as each mark of the sky was marked by her voice… the stars came out.

Thread Information