Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: To those that think the worried are troll.

I have no problems with that working for you Peaches. The multiple charges aren't the huge issue for me, I'm fortunate to be doing well financially in RL.

It's the principal of taking my money and then not allowing me to talk about it or censoring, deleting such things that I do have a problem with. It does appear that NOW that happens much less, if at all - and I'm glad that lesser moderation is taking place.

I've kept from "trolling" about the multiple charge issue; I'm not interested in turning a mole hill into a mountain. However, many of the actions taken by EI and the moderators of this board have shrunk my good will some bit.

The Horizons community was great because the players listened and helped each other when they could, either in game or on these boards. Now, on these boards, we've got two camps with lines drawn in the sand between them - which is sad.

A very wise, famous person once said: "A house divided against itself cannot stand."
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

Default I agree

The community is so split, but I have hopes that it will return to somewhat normal when things calm down. I didn't mean to sound selfish with my post to you, it just bothers me, mostly, that there is nothing, truly, that I can do. ;(

Glad your keeping up the faith, so to speak and I truly do hope that you get this resolved.

Thanks, your well wishes with it are appreciated - I probably shouldn't have even posted that info about the accounts because I'll become someone's "poster boy" for e-commerce scandals or something. I know with Amadan taking a look a it should be resolved.

Also, in that excerpt of a conversation I had with Danu in the above post (which was mainly a response from me - I won't post his responses because this was a week long PM session) I do believe that EII wants Horizons to succeed. I believe the same of Peaches, Tant, Jayne, LO, Aamer, Kwinn and a whole host of others here and on other boards. That's not the problem, for me.

I'm just not sure if I have the patience to wait 6 months (without any concrete answers) for further development. Nagafen has offered a lot of feedback to questions and those are greatly appreciated by me and others, I'm sure.

Maybe what is needed is a Live Chat Q/A with the major (read: often asked) questions of the community discussed by the new game owners (read: the PTB) with detailed breakdowns on those specific questions (read: prepaired statements). That might help - it certainly won't hurt.
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

Too many people are quick to accuse of trolling. Sometimes people are very passionate, on both sides; however that's not necessarily trolling, merely being overly passionate.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches
    The community is so split, but I have hopes that it will return to somewhat normal when things calm down. I didn't mean to sound selfish with my post to you, it just bothers me, mostly, that there is nothing, truly, that I can do. ;(
    But that's ok Peaches, you're not the one expected to do anything.

We all feel that there is *nothing* we can do but wait, and that is frustrating. We're all frustrated with that feeling, to more or less degrees.

But about rehashing things over and over we can't do anything about, well that's what every gaming forum ever does. So if you don't like it, you're in the wrong business *rofl*.

None of us can do anything about it but talk, and the talk goes in cycles. When I get tired of hearing a topic - you know what, I don't read it again, and I don't post in it.

But good and mean trollers do read it, and post it in, just to post. Even if there's no point and their not really helping anything *shrugs*

But rehashing of topics...well as long as their are forums that's just gonna be how it is.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Frith, you are correct.

I don't see why certain type players (inactive) should only use your rant board, and others, or Horizons Vault to troll, you know. Either there aren't enough boards to go around, or they just need the attention. I think they need the attention. They need for their feelings to be heard or else they can't bare it. That's why they must post here on the official board.

Peaches, you should be more compassionate toward such people. So what if they haven't play for months or maybe years. They have feelings too.
    Last edited by Phillip; September 20th, 2006 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip
    Frith, you are correct.

I don't see why certain type players (inactive) should only use your rant board, and others, or Horizons Vault to troll, you know. Either there aren't enough boards to go around, or they just need the attention. I think they need the attention. They need for their feelings to be heard or else they can't bare it. That's why they must post here on the official board.

Peaches, you should be more compassionate toward such people. So what if they haven't play for months or maybe years. They have feelings too.
    lol Phillip doust thou protest too much. I remember a time when you were the biggest troll and flame baiter around. You just couldn't stop spreading the Bowman and AE hate around fast enough.

I suggest you look up the world Hypocrite in the dictionary. It might help you understand things. btw how long do you plan to stay this time ? Taking bets before classic Phillip returns to a theatre near you.

A troll is a troll it sits on both sides of the fence. Anyone with a might smidge of common sense can see this.

who is it again that needs attention ?

*points to the mirror on the wall* look in it.

Speak for yourself. I didn't turn apathetic all the sudden...

This time, I'll stay til LOTRO comes out. You can quote me.

I quit before and you be hard pressed to find me around at that time. Too busy posting at the board of games I was playing. I'm back now briefly since DB got boot, just to see what's up. EII may be good or bad who knows.

My view on TulgAE remains the same.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDwarf
    lol Phillip doust thou protest too much. I remember a time when you were the biggest troll and flame baiter around. You just couldn't stop spreading the Bowman and AE hate around fast enough.

I suggest you look up the world Hypocrite in the dictionary. It might help you understand things. btw how long do you plan to stay this time ? Taking bets before classic Phillip returns to a theatre near you.

A troll is a troll it sits on both sides of the fence. Anyone with a might smidge of common sense can see this.

who is it again that needs attention ?

*points to the mirror on the wall* look in it.
    Phillip very definitely has a sharp tongue. However, trolls leave people grinding their teeth. Phillip makes me laugh. That's hardly something a troll would do.
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

What's in a name? that which we call a rose
    By any other name would smell as sweet
    Romeo & Juliet, Act 2, Scene 2

Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Thread Information