Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: EI and the Future of Horizons 2.1

Director of Marketing, EI Interactive Nagafen's Avatar

I spoke with the billing department and they told me that, while the billing system is working, a small percentage of accounts are experiencing problems with the account updating process. They are working on a fix for this issue. For the time being, the best way to resolve account update issues that you are having is by using the trouble ticketing system.

Garfonso,
    Be calm. We will make every effort to ensure that the transition to Unitas is smooth for everyone.

Also, on an unrelated note, I would also like to announce that we intend to continue the Military program.

ok well I used the trouble ticketing system, and I checked today and my ticket hasn't even been assigned to anyone for it to be remarked upon - so far no response.

*sits and waits and taps talons*
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagafen
    I would also like to announce that we intend to continue the Military program.
    Are you running this program for all militairy services or just US?

If you have read the thread you might have known how my thoughts about this are.

As it seems money isn't any problem, you can give away free accounts, when could we expect new content?

Glad to hear the Military program will continue Nafa. I personally support that sort of incentive and many others, which any private company has the right to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagafen
    ... Also, on an unrelated note, I would also like to announce that we intend to continue the Military program.
    Oh wow! So we have to expect another bancruptcy in 1 or 2 years - great!

Or do you get the missing money for all those accounts from Mr.Bush's "Anti-Terror-Program"? *laughs sardonicly*

How does that exactly figure into bancruptcy? It is a promotional tool, and with horizon's subscription levels hardly costs a thing

What exactly is your meaning by "horizon's subscription levels"? Do you mean Military Program only, or in general?

I kind of have to say I see HAG's point. The game really needs to pull in every scrap of currancy it can right now.

Exactly the point I have been trying to make all the time. These players play free accounts and need support just like the rest of us.

Support costs money and they aren't paying anything because EII is giving them the accounts.

So in a way EII is telling us, the paying customer: "We're trying to solve the issue right now" While they should have just hired someone more or have used the money to keep placing adds.

If the game would be running and we would be getting new content all the time and we would get better support then I could maybe accept this choise, even thou I still think it's wrong for a game company to do.

The game has been idle on the development level and we haven't had any new content for a long time now so this is really the worst time to come with something like this.

Or if you can give freebees to players then give the paying customers new content.

This is the last I'll say about this, I'm really dissapointed.

How many people do you think actually make use of the military appreciation program anyway? It's not like this is WOW with 6 million subscribers. Hz subs number in the hundreds or at most thousands. I would guess at most we have maybe 100 people getting an extra account because they serve in the military.

It's not game breaking (financially) in the slightest.

If you really think the underpaid military players are going to bring the game out of this coma you are kidding yourself. Only EI can do that. (The sooner the better)

ROFL, not many use the program as you can tell by our numbers. But more importantly what you forget is that the advertising brings about some paid subs and also if the family wants to communicate in this way, I do believe they pay for any additional accounts.

So it makes plenty of sense to me. Not to mention if they don't get if free that doesnt automatically mean their gonna pay for it either.

I am amused for how many different reasons and in how many different ways people like to whine.

It's still the old players vs AE way: players demands, AE is supposed to drop all and obey on command.

This way is immediately beneficial for the individual or for an interested small lobby but in the long run ruins the overall progress of the game.

Give them a rest, they are not AE, if they think they can afford to give away some tens worth of subscriptions getting back publicity and relatives of those guys paying (thus actually adding to the number of paying subscribers), who are you to know their finances better than them? Who are you to decide what they do?

Meh!

Judging from the arguments given for canceling the Military Appreciation Program in some of the posts here, it would seem this is more of a political dispute than a gaming issue . . . .
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Hummm not sure. But I look at it like this. Its their game, its their business, its their decision what incentive programs they do. Wether it be military, senior citizen (which I'm waiting for), high school grad, Mr. First MMO, Answer trivia question, etc.

Yeah, cuz TG was just raking in them subs, huh?

TG was sooooo dang successful but *edited*, EI ruined it!

lol

Take your meds.
    Last edited by Peaches; October 25th, 2006 at 05:59 PM.

How much *edited* you can type about something so little.. omg
    &
    Where is stated they stop with development?
    Last edited by Peaches; October 25th, 2006 at 05:59 PM.
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

Director of Marketing, EI Interactive Nagafen's Avatar

Well, this thread's been pretty effectively hijacked. Rather that trying to wrest back control of the topic, I'm going to be locking this thread and starting another one.

Thread Information