Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: EI and the Future of Horizons 2.1

Thankyou kindly Nagafen, I feel that the essence of the query has been conveyed and appropriately answered. I certainly do not envy your position given the demand for information. We are all eager to receive information and therefore it is very satisfying when a question is answered adequately as you have just demonstrated.

I know I for one am rather specific when looking for answers. I was a customer of another game hosted by GN prior to jumping onto the Horizons ship. In three and a half years of being a GN customer it really is a mystery how I have coped with either a response that avoids the question or a misleading answer that leaves the customer unsatisfied.

Here is a question/suggestion. Being as Dragons are so different from Bipeds has there been any thought to 2 designs/Dev teams? A small one to work on Dragons and a larger one to work on Biped/overall Game design?

As we all know the Dragon game is almost a completely different game from the Biped game. With a Smaller secondary team that focus on Dragon issues and fitting them into the over all design of the game will keep more people happy as then Dragons nor Bipeds would have to wait while work is done on the other. A smaller Dragon Dev Team could take work done for the Biped/overall game and customize it to apply to dragons or if a idea fits only the Biped side they could be working on other Dragon only issues or Dragon only content.

Which brings up another question/suggestion. Will there be more Biped only content and Dragon only content? I for one, would not have a problem seeing some divergence of the twos content. Dragons have areas that bipeds can not and should not be allowed and by the same measure I feel there should be Biped only areas. I agree crossover is good but so is separation.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth
    Here is a question/suggestion. Being as Dragons are so different from Bipeds has there been any thought to 2 designs/Dev teams? A small one to work on Dragons and a larger one to work on Biped/overall Game design?

As we all know the Dragon game is almost a completely different game from the Biped game. With a Smaller secondary team that focus on Dragon issues and fitting them into the over all design of the game will keep more people happy as then Dragons nor Bipeds would have to wait while work is done on the other. A smaller Dragon Dev Team could take work done for the Biped/overall game and customize it to apply to dragons or if a idea fits only the Biped side they could be working on other Dragon only issues or Dragon only content.

Which brings up another question/suggestion. Will there be more Biped only content and Dragon only content? I for one, would not have a problem seeing some divergence of the twos content. Dragons have areas that bipeds can not and should not be allowed and by the same measure I feel there should be Biped only areas. I agree crossover is good but so is separation.
    One of these points is the bipeds being able to kill the golem for the ARoP, I think this is one of those area's which should be closed off more secure. Even thou I think finding a way up there was really cool and yes I have had loads of fun killing this golem many times. Yet once a dragon showed up we stepped back. This was on Unity.

Unfortunetly arent there many other mobs that need be killed for rop and arop? Do we screen off all these mobs? Or de we just make there spawn time quicker so none wil miss out?

Or simply make quest versions with only quest loot, that spawn on demand for questors.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Are there plans for bringing back the Fall & Winter Festival with all the fun stuff that comes with the events?

are there any plans with this forums?

open registration?

stop deleting threads you dont like?

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    are there any plans with this forums?

open registration?

stop deleting threads you dont like?

I do not know when the registration will reopen, but, as far as deleting threads, we use the guidelines set forth via the board rules. WHen they are violated, the threads get edited and or deleted. When they cannot be edited to meet the board guidelines, then, they get deleted. If you have any questions, pertaining to the boards and the issues of the boards, please send me a pm, and if you felt that you didn't get a resolution to your pm, it will be passed up to EI.

Bringing this up on the boards, in this thread, really is not the way to get your questions answered. So, please, from here on out, follow the directions that I set above.

Thank you

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches
    I do not know when the registration will reopen, but, as far as deleting threads, we use the guidelines set forth via the board rules. WHen they are violated, the threads get edited and or deleted. When they cannot be edited to meet the board guidelines, then, they get deleted. If you have any questions, pertaining to the boards and the issues of the boards, please send me a pm, and if you felt that you didn't get a resolution to your pm, it will be passed up to EI.

Bringing this up on the boards, in this thread, really is not the way to get your questions answered. So, please, from here on out, follow the directions that I set above.

Thank you
    you said WHen instead of when

@peaches its a normal question about the future of HZ, and the forum is linked with the future of the game, or?

a guideline would be nice to avoid posts or complete threads to be deleted.

How back logged are in answering the cancellation request? I submitted one about 3 weeks ago and still have not received a reply. Are you sending out replies for these request?

Director of Marketing, EI Interactive Nagafen's Avatar

Deth,
    One of the things we're considering is having quests that are not only exclusive to dragons or bipeds, but quests that are exclusive to each race. Simple quests, that convey a race's history and identity, might be a great way to flesh out Istaria's lore and make the Horizons experience even more dynamic.

Saharas,
    I don't have any information about upcoming ingame events but, I know that we're planning on having semi-regular events, in the future. I have not yet heard any confirmaiton as to when the first of these events will be.

Vlisson,
    We're most likely going to be restricting these forums to active players, which is a common practice. We do, however, understand the role that former and prospective players have in this community and we're considering different ways of including them in these forums, without the forums being public.

As for a guidline for you forum posts,
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/f...play.php?f=203
    stick to these and you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagafen
    Deth,
    One of the things we're considering is having quests that are not only exclusive to dragons or bipeds, but quests that are exclusive to each race. Simple quests, that convey a race's history and identity, might be a great way to flesh out Istaria's lore and make the Horizons experience even more dynamic.
    I'm heavily for that...
    Btw: I want to be an ancient cat... when will that be possible?

Thank you for the reply and sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso

Depends on how old you are now, what age you consider ancient, and how long your willing to wait...you'll get there eventually

*sorry...couldn't resist... *
    Drasdil Redin
    100 Paladin
    Order Shard

I really like the idea of rite of passage kinda quest for biped races which then would get them other racial abilities

Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso
    *hands Garfonso a stick and glasses over* here, now you're a really old cat... *cough* : P

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Nagafen
    Vlisson,
    We're most likely going to be restricting these forums to active players, which is a common practice. We do, however, understand the role that former and prospective players have in this community and we're considering different ways of including them in these forums, without the forums being public.

As for a guidline for you forum posts,
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/f...play.php?f=203
    stick to these and you should be fine.
    so an active player who new joined the game can subscribe an forum account? or old players who had no forum account in the past?

Skag

This is my 3rd time back to HZ. The only reason I am willing to try it out again is because of the new approaches that you are demonstrating.
    Grats on the effort you are willing to put into this.

I havent read all of the forums yet, so please excuse me if I should know this already.

Do you have any plans for PvP? Either concentual or forced?
    concentual being dual request or server specific.

Personally I hope not, but am curious to know if it is in the works.

Keep up the good work.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

The only PVP we have right now is entire consentual in the arena. Only accessible from one spot in Istaria.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Thread Information