Thread: The Long Journey

Default The Long Journey

Each day I take another step on my journey.
    Some days I see people, others I do not. Each day was the same.
    Each day I take another step on my journey. Some days I pass by buildings others I do not. Each day was the same.
    Each day I take another step on my journey. Some days I wonder about where I have been, others I do not. Each day was the same.
    Each day I take another step on my journey. Some days I wonder about where I'm going, others I do not. Each day was the same.
    Each day I take another step on my journey. Some days I break my fast on honeydew, and others I do not.
    Each day I take another step on my journey. Some days I fear about what's ahead, others I do not.
    Each day I take another step on my journey, but today I take no step. It seems that while I am not at the end of the journey the 2nd and 3rd of the 5 set apart in alpha have interrupted the constant. I will miss the journey, each day's step and those who were along at my side. Each day has passed, and the others have too. I have memory and awareness, But I have no shape or form. As a disembodied spirit, I am dead and yet unborn. Frozen in the journey always to remain, always the same.

The dwarf rested his maul against a travertine boulder a moment and peered skyward. Perhaps it was just an irregular cloud, perhaps it was just a passing fancy, that suddenly reminded him of a quiet, unseen yet deeply remembered spirit that once had corporeal form.

The dwarf smiled, knowing somewhere within him the spirit would be born anew. And knowing that his maul and his friendship would once again be at the spirit's service upon its reincarnation.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Thread Information