Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm just sick of it (sarcasm ahead)

Default I'm just sick of it (sarcasm ahead)

To ALL (yeah, players, ei and gn and that lighblub DUDE), some points of my POV.

EI and GN:
    Oh yes, many blah and many more envasive answears, we wont see any new contnet the next 6 monts... or even 2008, i will be optimistic. hahaahha... And I'm sure Ei wants to get rid of Unity, you can see that in their posts.

Plot Reclamanation:
    Get used to it, GN won't make a PR because the user database is not linked with the character database. And they wont get their arses up to reclaim the plots per hand.

WM's:
    The most rarest Monster in istaria, it shows up once a year when we have luck, and then you need a big fat bunch of luck to see them and make a screenshot.

Expoliter etc.:
    Yeah get also used to it, Expoliter and Harrasers will not be punished by GN. They can still run arround and do what they want, steal others propherty, expolit etc. I bugged Luca so many times about that topic, well the envasive answears as always. Oh and EI you got that great idea from GN to not punish expoliters or such? Oh and banning players that report expolits and the players.... Best idea ever .. DUDE!

Love, Peace and Harmony cake blah:
    "Lets all be happy etc" oh yes, i'm sick of it, write suggestion to ei so many you want, so many wishlists you want, maybe a insane easter bunny will make your wishes true. COME ON, has EI a dev team? .... I hear nobody

Move to another shard blah:
    One word : ROFLMAO
    Atm the NA shard situation is worser than the Unity ones, kinda funny eh? You know that NA suffers like Unity in the past...

So that was my rant, oh wait there's no rants fourm anymore, yeah come on delete my thread! Moderatee meeeeeeeeeee.... oh wheres is still the goodbye forum? Didnt peaches said it comes back hmmm

Don't get me worng, I will play and be here unity the lights go off, i want to finish my grand hall

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan
    (...)
    EI and GN:
    Oh yes, many blah and many more envasive answears, we wont see any new contnet the next 6 monts... or even 2008, i will be optimistic. hahaahha... And I'm sure Ei wants to get rid of Unity, you can see that in their posts.
    Please quote the post by EII officials that allowed you to 'see' such a thing. I read a lot on these forums and never read anything to that effect. On the contrary.

Move to another shard blah:
    One word : ROFLMAO
    Atm the NA shard situation is worser than the Unity ones, kinda funny eh? You know that NA suffers like Unity in the past...
    In what way is the situation on the american shards 'worse' ? That remark really puzzles me. (To be somewhat sarcastic: How can anything be worse than on Unity?)

I think it is a sad day when people compare the problems on the different shards and instead of sympathy with the players on that shard try to take some kind of consolation from the fact that the others are not well-off, either.

Stop this 'Unity against the NA shards' attitude, please.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Excuse our rants, our impatience and our enragement.
    Don`t smile about our attempts and ideas and our "how to`s", to save Unity.

Much Thanks to all NAmates for your support and solidarity.

We´re running out of motivation and players:
    Unity is dying
    A great community is dying
    Something very unique is dying
    HZ never was "just a game"

Those how are in charge always knew about that- and did not care or act
    (not in time. not the steps that were required)

I again claim social competence and sense of responsibility

How about this:

While there is life, there is hope.

As long as Unity exists and GN has not announced it will close down there's always the hope that something can be worked out.

I understand that this whole situation severely taxes the patience of even the most patient community (and horizons-players are Lords of Patience).

But don't give up hope, please.

There is such a thing as self-fulfilling prophecy -- if enough players pronounce this game dead it really will be.

Plot Reclamanation:
    Get used to it, GN won't make a PR because the user database is not linked with the character database. And they wont get their arses up to reclaim the plots per hand.
    It must be linked atm. Other Opinion? Well, then tell me how they managed to do the multible plot per account fix!

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Please quote the post by EII officials that allowed you to 'see' such a thing. I read a lot on these forums and never read anything to that effect. On the contrary.
    I can read between the lines, EI seems not very interested to kep unity up.

In what way is the situation on the american shards 'worse' ? That remark really puzzles me. (To be somewhat sarcastic: How can anything be worse than on Unity?)

I think it is a sad day when people compare the problems on the different shards and instead of sympathy with the players on that shard try to take some kind of consolation from the fact that the others are not well-off, either.

Stop this 'Unity against the NA shards' attitude, please.
    Well one point for gn, they can handle payment, ei not.

Oh, and didnt some players in the past said they want unity to die etc? Maybe you remember....

It must be linked atm. Other Opinion? Well, then tell me how they managed to do the multible plot per account fix!
    When it is linked, why dont they make then a plot reclamanation? GN said always the 2 databases are not linked. They have a different DB.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

I can read between the lines, EI seems not very interested to kep unity up.
    When one reads 'between the lines' one risks to find just what one expects -- which might be far off the truth. EII has stated repeatedly that they want to keep up Unity as a separate shard. Not 'between the lines' but in print. If you don't believe them, thats your choice. Just please don't post that EII had stated anything that supported your fears in this regard.

Well one point for gn, they can handle payment, ei not.
    True. On the other hand, they communicate with the player base and have assigned a spokesman for that job. When was the last time Luca said anything about GNs plans for Unity?

Oh, and didnt some players in the past said they want unity to die etc? Maybe you remember....
    Some players said that. Yes. Others (the majority) want Unity to live and prosper. As for ugly player reaction, I distinctly remember your gleeful comments when hz got sold to EII and the NA communities were in an uproar. I lost a lot of the respect I had for you when I read that. And don't go 'Well, THEY started it' -- we're not in kindergarden.

Quote Originally Posted by snickel
    When one reads 'between the lines' one risks to find just what one expects -- which might be far off the truth. EII has stated repeatedly that they want to keep up Unity as a separate shard. Not 'between the lines' but in print. If you don't believe them, thats your choice. Just please don't post that EII had stated anything that supported your fears in this regard.
    Yeah, but it dont takes a doctor title to see that Ei is in "neogations" with gn since 2 monts? 3 months? or more? i stopped to count.

True. On the other hand, they communicate with the player base and have assigned a spokesman for that job. When was the last time Luca said anything about GNs plans for Unity?
    Gn never really talked to the players, always a lot off blah and blubb. Well, the last time luca posted was 01-09-2006, 11:10 about that they answered ei, well at least gn does not ban players

Some players said that. Yes. Others (the majority) want Unity to live and prosper. As for ugly player reaction, I distinctly remember your gleeful comments when hz got sold to EII and the NA communities were in an uproar. I lost a lot of the respect I had for you when I read that. And don't go 'Well, THEY started it' -- we're not in kindergarden.
    Well it just was amusing for me that first the na players proceted tulga from the "bad" unity players, that we should shut up and that our ideads they wrote the letter just for more players to get a better price where true, and then got a slap in the face from them. They got very fast quiet.

and why you lost exactly the respect? because i dont make always love peace and harmony stuff? because i have my own opinion as herald? I'm sorry that I am a own thinking individual.

When it is linked, why dont they make then a plot reclamanation? GN said always the 2 databases are not linked. They have a different DB.
    Well guess it's about the same reason why the multible plot per account fix took well, was it one and a half year longer then for the US servers? My guess would be, that the original patch for doing the reclamtion isn't working for Unity without modification, because the Account database for EU isn't compatible with the US database. At least that was the reason which was told for the multible Plot fix.
    Last edited by Joaqim; September 20th, 2006 at 07:29 AM.

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

About the account database and plot issue:

1) Account database and Game database are two separated databases but linked to work together

2) The account database for European shards was provided along with the login website by Artifact Entertainment, we simply added to it our payment system (still with the help of Artifact Entertainment to avoid any potential issue).

3) Tulga Games (at least I remember it was after Chapter 11) changed their account database structure and functioning without informing us. Future developments of the game (including plot reclamation) were based on their new account database thus making them not compatible with our own account database (which I remind was set up by the game developers and not by us).

4) The multiple plots per account issue was fixed with a personal joint effort of a single Tulga Games employee (I can't remember his name right now but he was the web programmer at the moment), our web programmer and me.

About communicating plans for Unity:

We always owned only a license for the game, we have never been in the position to fully determine the plans for the game (if you have only 49% of the plan you really can't make it public... you can work out the rest).

About negotiations:

No one ever said they would be simple and easy, that's why they might be taking longer than expected (both for you and for us).

About both communication and negotiations:

I really hope that we can clear out both for you before the end of the current month. So you will not have any more doubt about the situation as it will be presented in a very clear way. From our side we have quite a definite and strong position, I cannot say about EI but I do believe they might be in a similar position... so we shouldn't be too far away from releasing some public news. (NOTE: This is just my personal point of view obviously, but being part of the process I think what I'm saying is quite realistic).

As said above our plans do not depend solely on our decisions, we have had two (almost) different partner companies in the past and a potential partner company nowadays... all of them owning the main license of the game, thus being always (directly or indirectly) part of any decision that involves Unity and its plans.

Mr Luca M. it s been a longtime many people including me dont trust a word of your posts, your unprofessionnal attitude, your pseudofriendly/whocares attitude with your customers that are paying you doesn't make you a thrustable source. You come and post when you want and sure leave hot subjects aside, coming when no one needs you and flying away when you are asked, sure you re a great representative of GN and it's serious work. Your lies ( we are still hoping to see a WM once every year and some WM driven mobs ) ( it might not be only YOUR lies but also GN's that i understand ) make me sick and you are also part of the decay of Unity.
    Ishar Xhaan => Ishar_Wind Xhaan => Imrryr Xhaan Lunus Destroyer
    and his biped slave KalTorak XhaanSlave Ice Disciple
    == Ancient Order Of Istarian Knights ==

Quote Originally Posted by Ishar Xhaan
    Mr Luca M. it s been a longtime many people including me dont trust a word of your posts, your unprofessionnal attitude, your pseudofriendly/whocares attitude with your customers that are paying you doesn't make you a thrustable source. You come and post when you want and sure leave hot subjects aside, coming when no one needs you and flying away when you are asked, sure you re a great representative of GN and it's serious work. Your lies ( we are still hoping to see a WM once every year and some WM driven mobs ) ( it might not be only YOUR lies but also GN's that i understand ) make me sick and you are also part of the decay of Unity.
    I don't agree with anything you said because I know nothing you said matches the truth of facts, but I will not start an argument with you to change your mind about it.

You are entitled to your own opinion just like people that do not share it are entitled to their own.

My unprofessional attitude? I'd like to know where and why.

Pseudofriendly attitude? I'm friendly with everyone, unless they are unfriendly past certain limits (personal insults, threats, etc.)

I don't come and post when I want, but I do come and post when I can or have to. There's a huge difference in that, but I reckon this doesn't match your point of view on the situation.

I'd like also to see the (I suspect long) list of lies you heard from me

By the way, everything I posted in this thread are facts that can be confirmed by anyone involved... before moving any accusation please at least give some proofs before talking about lies, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Mazzasogni
    As said above our plans do not depend solely on our decisions, we have had two (almost) different partner companies in the past and a potential partner company nowadays... all of them owning the main license of the game, thus being always (directly or indirectly) part of any decision that involves Unity and its plans.
    How about plans for support, for WM-driven events? You never answered questions on these subjects and they concern GN and no other company.

How about plans for support, for WM-driven events? You never answered questions on these subjects and they concern GN and no other company.
    These were and remain plans that still depend on other plans as well and in all honesty it is not true that they are concern of Game Network only.

I do not ask anyone to get a full picture of any present or past situation without having inner knowledge (this is simply not possible), I don't even ask anyone to avoid speculations because I know it's a natural process considering the conditions of the Horizons project, I quite simply ask you to avoid offensive speculations when based on nothing that could be considered as a fact.

Yeah, but it dont takes a doctor title to see that Ei is in "neogations" with gn since 2 monts? 3 months? or more? i stopped to count.
    We had that discussion already when TULGA and GN were in negotiations. These can take long because one side or both sides are vielo. Which side is to blame or whether both are to blame can not be deducted from the length of negotiation.

and why you lost exactly the respect? because i dont make always love peace and harmony stuff? because i have my own opinion as herald? I'm sorry that I am a own thinking individual.
    Love peace and harmony? Nay. Your own opinions? You're entitled to them and I wouldn't want you to be a yeasayer. It was instead an expression of feeling that put me off -- that feeling was gloating. Happiness at the misfortune of others. And thats simply disgusting.

These were and remain plans that still depend on other plans as well and in all honesty it is not true that they are concern of Game Network only.

I do not ask anyone to get a full picture of any present or past situation without having inner knowledge (this is simply not possible), I don't even ask anyone to avoid speculations because I know it's a natural process considering the conditions of the Horizons project, I quite simply ask you to avoid offensive speculations when based on nothing that could be considered as a fact.
    Would you at least be so kind as to acknowledge the fact that support and WM-driven events are not in a desirable state on Unity and haven't been for some time? These are the facts.

Unity players have a right for support. And they are entitled to an explanation why they are denied that right.

Could you maybe even go so far as to state that:
    Once the negotiations have come to a conclusion GN will improve support and the presence of WMs?

Would you at least be so kind as to acknowledge the fact that support and WM-driven events are not in a desirable state on Unity and haven't been for some time? These are the facts.

Unity players have a right for support. And they are entitled to an explanation why they are denied that right.

Could you maybe even go so far as to state that:
    Once the negotiations have come to a conclusion GN will improve support and the presence of WMs?
    The perfect level of service doesn't exist but it's always a goal towards one should work.

From this point of view both in-game activities and support for Horizons are always open to new improvements. As I probably stated somewhere on this Forum (or was it IRC) we are finishing a new internally developed support system we should be a big improvement from the previous ServiceTraq system (that had too many troubles and flaws). This will be ready (a little later than expected) at the end of this month or at the beginning of October and hopefully you will be able to enjoy it as well...

The perfect level of service doesn't exist but it's always a goal towards one should work.

From this point of view both in-game activities and support for Horizons are always open to new improvements. As I probably stated somewhere on this Forum (or was it IRC) we are finishing a new internally developed support system we should be a big improvement from the previous ServiceTraq system (that had too many troubles and flaws). This will be ready (a little later than expected) at the end of this month or at the beginning of October and hopefully you will be able to enjoy it as well...
    I find your communication style interesting as always, Luca.

Allow me to dissect it this time.

First, you refer to a 'perfect level of service', implying that I demanded it (for what other reason would there be to bring this up in our conversation?). Well, I did not. I demanded an appropriate level of service.

Second, you include an assumption ("the perfect level of service doesn't exist") as if that was an evident truth shared by all. Well, I don't think so for instance. I have often encountered 'the perfect level of service', from many companies. It was just that level of service that they agreed to provide when I became their customer.

The first and second strategy taken together mean: 'snickel, you demand something that even you know is unrealistic'.

Third, you answer one of my questions and keep quiet regarding the other one -- besides after support I had inquired after the low instance of WM-controlled events so far. To state that they are 'open to new improvements' is an euphemism that borders on impudence. To state it again: The explanation for the lack of those events is still missing.

As for support: I am of course delighted that there is a new support system in the making that hopefully does what the other didn't.

But that still does not answer my question regarding the support that Unity had so far. Let say the fact that previous support did not happen in some instances was indeed due to 'troubles and flaws' in the program (and not, as some of the victims suspected, by the complete absence of a person responsible for that service) -- what kept you from providing a mail adress that people could write to when their support tickets went unanswered for months? There was no attempt at immediate troubleshooting. And thats pretty serious.

At current state i have 3 unanswered support cases. One payment issue and 2 ingame problems. The oldest one is about 16 month old i think.
    EU webpage is "under cosntrution" for ages now.
    Loginpage is long long out of date.
    WMs nearly never show up.

GN got a ton of 3rd party independend problems they never cared about.
    Everything GN said up to now got proven wrong.
    Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

Thread Information