Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: AGC conference interview with Dave Bowman

Quote Originally Posted by Uther Blade
    On Order.. we have a WM on most nights.. and he is a hell'uva RP'er.
    Who?!? I'm on most nights on Order, and havn't seen a WM in forever.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Quote Originally Posted by walkerglassmire
    Who?!? I'm on most nights on Order, and havn't seen a WM in forever.
    I found him over by the Pars Essence. I landed to gather some Essence for Dralk and he was there so chatted with him for about 30 min or so. He seemed very intrested in the problems I had with the Chiconis lair/mine and the Mahagra Lair/mine. Was an intresting little chat even if he was a gnome and probly understood less then half of what I spoke of.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth
    I found him over by the Pars Essence. I landed to gather some Essence for Dralk and he was there so chatted with him for about 30 min or so. He seemed very intrested in the problems I had with the Chiconis lair/mine and the Mahagra Lair/mine. Was an intresting little chat even if he was a gnome and probly understood less then half of what I spoke of.
    Interesting. Was he in any Chat rooms? I don't get out of the fields or Chico much these days. And was still prolly gone when I woke, as I havn't even see you awake when I am of late. heh

<To said WM> If you feel like staying up a bit later, there is a lot of folk round on the really late night (or early morning in the UK, or mid-afternoon for the Aussies. heh) that would love to gab with ya. And feel free to drop by my lair in Chico. I don't eat gnomes... often.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Yes he was in market when i checked.

Interesting. Was he in any Chat rooms? I don't get out of the fields or Chico much these days. And was still prolly gone when I woke, as I havn't even see you awake when I am of late. heh

<To said WM> If you feel like staying up a bit later, there is a lot of folk round on the really late night (or early morning in the UK, or mid-afternoon for the Aussies. heh) that would love to gab with ya. And feel free to drop by my lair in Chico. I don't eat gnomes... often.
    SILANG! I've not seen you in forever - I was feared you'd left us for good!

Glad to see you're still here, I must retire earlier than you get in *sigh*. I'll need to come in late and stay up later one Friday night or something *chuckles* which will be some friday you're not there I"m sure.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae
    SILANG! I've not seen you in forever - I was feared you'd left us for good!

Glad to see you're still here, I must retire earlier than you get in *sigh*. I'll need to come in late and stay up later one Friday night or something *chuckles* which will be some friday you're not there I"m sure.
    heh Hey Frithy!! I'm on my normal times. heh Wake up round 10:30 (ish) pm Mtn crash out sometime round 1 or 2 am. heh Usually a bit later on the weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip
    and what was released was anything but significant.
    Depends upon your point of view. It could definitely be argued by either side.

Either way, what we currently have is more than enough to see what could have been, but not nearly enough to be viable.

Tragic to the point of being criminal, really. Such wasted potential. And David is laughing all the way to the bank with the one stable piece to come out of all of this: the engine.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Drakolis
    he did not make this game, he stole it.
    Theft is a prosecutable crime and a serious charge to be levelled. If such thing occured, could you point me towards the court case that inevitably followed and righted this wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Theolaerynn
    ...with the one stable piece to come out of all of this: the engine.
    Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I have a distinct impression that the engine is owned by (what remains of) Tulga, and mr. Bowman is no longer affiliated with that company. That is, the Evolution Engine should now belong to mr. Baker.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Yes, an interview is what I am most likely referring to; I remember it touching the Evolution Engine. My impression what was said is, the engine was retained by Tulga and licensed to EII. Although not a very important issue to be verified, does anyone have links available? I have forgotten where and when exactly the interview was.

Yes I believe DB owns that

Quote Originally Posted by Varangaard
    Yes, an interview is what I am most likely referring to; I remember it touching the Evolution Engine. My impression what was said is, the engine was retained by Tulga and licensed to EII. Although not a very important issue to be verified, does anyone have links available? I have forgotten where and when exactly the interview was.
    The quote in question is here:

David then provided me his new business card; World Smiths, LLC. David Bowman, Architect. The Evolution Engine that Horizons was built on belongs to David and perhaps there are still worlds to be built.
    It is at the very end of the article that this thread is about, found at:

http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cf...ure=893&bhcp=1

Well, may you have fun playing DB's next creation, and may his 'vision' enlighten you.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip
    Well, may you have fun playing DB's next creation, and may his 'vision' enlighten you.
    I hope you weren't pointing that thing at me, there is less than a snowballs chance in *edited*that I will knowingly play anything else DB has touched.

How does that saying go? Burn me once, shame on you, burn me twice, shame on me? I try not to make it a habit to get burned twice by the same person.

That is why I said in my earlier post that I was correcting a misconception, not sticking up for DB.
    Last edited by Peaches; September 28th, 2006 at 11:12 PM.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Theolaerynn
    I hope you weren't pointing that thing at me, there is less than a snowballs chance in *edited*that I will knowingly play anything else DB has touched.

How does that saying go? Burn me once, shame on you, burn me twice, shame on me? I try not to make it a habit to get burned twice by the same person.

That is why I said in my earlier post that I was correcting a misconception, not sticking up for DB.
    I like you again. Until next time.

Aaa there it is. Just goes to show how much attention to anything HZ I pay these days - I had read that before. I guess he bought it out of the company then, which does sound like a plan of some worth as it was Tulga's only asset of any value after sale of HZ.

It's not really suprising, that he bought it.

In another interview he said that the engine was one of the main reasons he joined AE to work on Hz...

Thread Information