Thread: reason why I haven't been around much

Default reason why I haven't been around much

About over a month ago an EI staff member was fiddling with my character name and in the process it got broken, they tried for a few hours to fix it but since then put it aside and now has completely forgotten about the error they did. because of the error my character has been in character name violation now for over a month and I have not been able to log in.

when will you fix my character name EI i been waiting for a long time now

its sounding like this new company is breaking a lot of things that were barely working in the first place.

Why is anyone fiddling with anything, much less someones name? This can't be.

And Blue what is your name changed to now that makes it in name violation?

Wow, this is horrible.

I'm starting to wonder if EI will ever reply to any of these problems. The least they could do is acknowledge they're doing a crappy job, not leave us in the dark like this.

100/100/90
    Ancient dragoness of Order - Retired

Blue,

Send me a PM and tell me the problem and what happened.
    I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.

I wonder if it's because there are "Blue Vexators" in the game and "Blue" is now considered a "system npc name" and makes any player with the name "Blue" as their first name a violation

(just speculation, don't know for certain)

Hope they fix you Blue
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

maybe its a blessing in disguise

Forgot about it ?

*shakes head*

Australia, NSW, Port Macquarie, house, back yard. lol

hey, i had that problem like just over the past few day's..

V/ important. what ya need to do is go form these forums up the top and click on the, (NEWS) tab, then click the (PLAY HORIZONS) tab, then it'll ask you to log in, make sure you are not using Firemox, Mozilla, just be usign ORIGIONAL Internet explorer, when you log in , it'll say your characted is in violation with our gaming policy or somethign, then just click ok it WILL/SHOULD redirect you to the page where you can typ ein two new names, (first/last) type away,

it should take around, 2 days for changes to take effect

Quote Originally Posted by Amadan
    Blue,

Send me a PM and tell me the problem and what happened.

I Pmed you many days ago.

Still no response yet......

I would like to get back to playing the game, Devs this error took place place by your actions when you were messing with my character name, please fix this

Unhappy

This is not a problem new to EI. I tried a name change a year ago and when it was done I lost my interface settings: map and hot keys every time I logged out. No matter what. Finally, it was suggested I give up so I did and went back to my current name.

Cixi of Order who wanted her Mingtian name back from Beta

Ming your interface was not lost, when you log in into the game the game will check the preference folder on your computer based on name and sever, if your character name was changed then the game will look up in the preference folder for the new name but since this name does not exits in the folder the game thinks it is a new character and it will create new preference file for the new name. an easy fix to get your old interface back is to go into the preference folder and either rename the folder with the new characters name or copy the content in that folder into the current character preference folder that has the new name

EI should hire me for CS ;P

also a year ago EI did not own the game it was under Tulga

Oh I tried that and a bunch of other things with help from Tulga but nobody could make it work. I know it was Tulga but perhaps the way things work hasn't changed and there is some internal process that just hates certain name changes. Good luck with yours.

Thread Information