Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Radiant Essence Backpack

Know that more than a few dragons would love to have the T6 scalepack.
    *cries favoritism* Nah.

An explanation of where the form to create that backpack came from would be nice, though. Maybe just to appear that they are actually doing something EI could put the high level forms as ultra rare drops from some of the highest level WA. How about it, Amadan? Can you sneak in a few forms into the loot tables?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip
    Rares should only apply to adventurers. That is something highly sought after. Adventurers thrive on such. They don't like static stuff that everyone can get.

For crafting, at least in HZ, rare craft items/materials have never been a popular notion. It's a different state of mind. Savvy?
    Got you, so what you are saying is that crafters, such as Dragon Lair T6 should be common. Diamond mines and diamond golems on every corner.

Now I understand.

Thank you for that clarification of the crafting rules of HZ.

There are a number of these on Blight as well as the lvl 100 scalepacks for dragons, but they are not craftable goods. They were rewards from Illyist for achieving the highest rank allowed for your school and for the assistance given when needed for testing.
    Flsssssh Rsssssst
    The appointed "Rhyming Rhapsodizer" of Blight
    Former Guild Leader of Blight's Conclave of Shadows

Default This may be true

But, somehow, some showed up on order. Go figure.

Many items exist in the database but aren't live. There is no reason why t6 items don't exist, as they are just extensions of t5, but they are not ready to be rolled out, the world isn't close to ready for t6

Quote Originally Posted by Mimir
    Got you, so what you are saying is that crafters, such as Dragon Lair T6 should be common. Diamond mines and diamond golems on every corner.

Now I understand.

Thank you for that clarification of the crafting rules of HZ.
    In terms of resources, yeah you should have seen the amount of people going at the devs for having T5 mobs guarding T5 resources at post merge. Some can accept it, but more of the craft+adv types. The more pure of crafters left in bunches though. One of the mini exodus.

In terms of items being rare and spiffy for such, like high end pack/disk/pouch/tools/cargo gear/etc, that won't fly with majority of the crafting folks. Some evidence right here in this thread.

On dragons, Ancients are common. More than hatchling or adults so I, uh, like, blah, dude.

Default Like Blah, Dude?

.... so I, uh, like, blah, dude.
    LMAO. No, ..... really that is hilarious.

Hmmmm.

I have seen people who can "dupe" links in game and change the text to say what ever they want.

Even though someone "linked" an essence backpack to someone's chat window, I would love to see a screenshot with the mouse hovered over the pack and the description being displayed, and not "photoshopped"

If it were true, the person selling them on the connie isn't necessarily the crafter (unless the crafter's name is on the item in "show details") and also...

Items in game don't necessarily need to be crafted... they just appear in your pack (with the correct account, object ID) a WM could have "planted" some packs around.... it could happen... which leads to some of the "oooooo darkstaff all over again" conspiracy theories that some players are getting played as favorites by the WM team.

For those that got them, *grats, and enjoy"

To the operators of the game, "Where's mine!! Essence AND Travertine scale pack?"
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Mimir
    So folks, I ask do we want new content, even if it is rare? Or do we want only new content that every one gets and soon it becomes as common as snowballs.

eesh some people have a strang sense of what is and is not content. Adding a mysterious item as a reward for an event is semi content though not real content. Given no one knows exactly how this item was introduced and no one seems to know who Kluck is we have an issue. Now this could be an intro to an event and if so it was a poor way of doing it. T6 stuff has been a thing everyone has been waiting for since way past last year. Plus the playerbase as a whole should have known of any event that would introduce T6 backpacks to the game and they certainly should not have been put on the connie.

Content in an MMO sense is adding of things like quests, story lines, new lands , new skills, new classes, new races.

Events are in a different realm all together.

So in the end we are still left with how exactly these 2 packs got onto live servers ? If it was meant as an event where is the story line that details their introduction ?

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    Many items exist in the database but aren't live. There is no reason why t6 items don't exist, as they are just extensions of t5, but they are not ready to be rolled out, the world isn't close to ready for t6
    I remember the days when there were maple trees out in the WD and I kinda feel like t4 was downgraded after the resources were relocated.

Yes in the WD they had a silly location but if you look at how easy it is to get resources.

A dragon doesn't have to fight to get to lvl 100 dcra only to grind and put in the time, which is alot of effort I might add.

When they changed whisps into animals instead of creatures that also took away alot. Not only was it fun to hunt whisps, especially when you finally killed them, you could agro the higher level ones and keep them around you.

I really think it would be an interesting mob class to have around instead of some other animal which remains docile as you suck it dry.

I think this world would require a serious relocation plan which would incorporate a plan on how to make the tier classes more like the tier classes are intended.

And then this world could be waiting some longer for T6, right now we need it as bad as we need T7 in 2 months after the release of T6

Yeah! Cool! a mystery
    Oooh and how grumpy some react.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

In terms of items being rare and spiffy for such, like high end pack/disk/pouch/tools/cargo gear/etc, that won't fly with majority of the crafting folks. Some evidence right here in this thread.
    Crafters like rare items just as much as adventurers eg the exceptional greater crystal of holding, or the +7 speed crystal.

Rareness of the item isn't what's at issue here.

The equal opportunity for all to get said item is what's at issue.

I don't have the above holding crystal, some people do. Is it a problem? No - because I, too, have just as much opportunity of getting it as they did.
    I do have the +7 speed crystal, some others done't. But during the winter festival event, they had the same opportunity to get it as I did.
    I'm a biped. Even when I look like a dragon, I'm a biped.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyssa
    Crafters like rare items just as much as adventurers eg the exceptional greater crystal of holding, or the +7 speed crystal.

I don't have the above holding crystal, some people do. Is it a problem? No - because I, too, have just as much opportunity of getting it as they did.
    I do have the +7 speed crystal, some others done't. But during the winter festival event, they had the same opportunity to get it as I did.
    wow someone with the sense to know what the problem really is. We deal with inequal opportunities in real life everyday. it shouldn't invade our game time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyssa

I agree. That is very good. You are in the minority then. I like you.

Personally, I think it's great they are there, however they got there. Made me eyes light up bright and shiny when seeing the link to one! So it's a mystery how they got there... COOL! Maybe I'll get one someday!

I got all sorts of odd stuff that even some of the long, long time players have never seen. Granted it tis all completely useless, but still neat to hold on to.

Perhaps the form is there for the taking on a NPC somewhere... somehow... could be a trainer in NT, could be a NPC in the middle of the one of the Satyr Islands... who knows... I don't!
    It is better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done.

Well, here ya go:

Skag

well said, Rhyssa!
    A sure fire way to cripple a game is to make it unfair.
    ( if that is really what happened, of course )

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    Back when I was interning I spend a good deal of time in SimDoc working in the item category. First thing you notice is how many items exist in some form in the database that are not available in-game. I think I saw just about every tier VI armor and weapon type in the database, but there's not even close to enough content to release tier VI properly, especially when so many parts of the tier II-V world need work.

Because of the way patches work all of that unused information should be on Chaos and Order if I understand correctly. It wouldn't be impossible for someone with SimDoc to look up the radiant leather backpack primitive ID and stick them in any character's backpack or maybe even an NPC. Even in-game all you need are some internal numbers and you can type. /createitem <primitiveID> [quantity]
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Quote Originally Posted by Hal`cyon Sskyler
    Back when I was interning I spend a good deal of time in SimDoc working in the item category. First thing you notice is how many items exist in some form in the database that are not available in-game. I think I saw just about every tier VI armor and weapon type in the database, but there's not even close to enough content to release tier VI properly, especially when so many parts of the tier II-V world need work.

Because of the way patches work all of that unused information should be on Chaos and Order if I understand correctly. It wouldn't be impossible for someone with SimDoc to look up the radiant leather backpack primitive ID and stick them in any character's backpack or maybe even an NPC. Even in-game all you need are some internal numbers and you can type. /createitem <primitiveID> [quantity]
    Now, just who might have access to SimDoc? The world wonders...
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Just out of curiosity, Kwinn, but have you happened to look at the gamersinfo site? Ever wonder what those numbers are? Yup, primitive id's. Therefore, everyone has "access" to "SimDoc".

Thread Information