Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Story of Istaria - Chaos

Default The Story of Istaria - Chaos

We are developing a continuing storyline for each shard, and we would like to have a high level of player involvement during this process. The nature of that involvement has yet to be defined... we want you to tell us how you'd like to participate. We wish to know how you feel about the storyline of Chaos... past, present and future. Please sign up here if you want to participate!

What would this include.

I'm relatively new on Chaos yet the players made me feel really at home already.

I'd like to be involved at some level.
    I've only played for a couple months, so I don't know much about the past Events of Istaria. However, I've been involved in minor and personal fantasy storytelling and writing for about eighteen years.

I'm not sure if you're really looking for the writing of, or ideas for, Events, or if your definition of "high level of involvement" is geared more to participation in the Events.

Since "The nature of that involvement has yet to be defined", is this just a quick idea that seemed neat, or has there been some serious talk and consideration for what level of involvement players can be involved in?

The story and plot of a MMO is really what holds me in the long run. To me, the race specific and class specific side quests that tie it all together are just as important, and sometimes moreso, than the over-arching story of the game (although that needs to be extremely strong also.)

I'd like participate, sure. I'd be delighted to see the quest series I wrote for the Sslanis militia implemented (including creation of the required in-game art assets; btw, do you have someone who can model a khopesh in Maya on staff yet?), the weaponsmith NPC in Parsinia that I specced out added for future quest lines, and approval to proceed with the Draak attunement quest I was waiting for approval on.

I have to say, I admire EI's ambition. Since doing unique development means each shard gets a dedicated development server, my hat is off to whoever is going to be doing change control management and QC for you.

All of my stuff is written to be used on all shards, BTW, so it can all be added on to Order and Unitas as well.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

I second Laughingotters nomination He is passionate about lore and quests for all of HZ and would be a top notch guy to assist in this project. I too would do what I can if I can, But I mostly just kill bad guys and help newbies.

Jayne

Awwww..

*blush*

Thank you, Jayne, but I think you would be a great asset to such a project as well. Someone has to look out for the satyr islands, after all. ;-)
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Sorry, I don't have the EP33n that LO has in already having stuff published in the game, but I was anxiously awaiting the Quest editor that he had used and was hoping to submit possible content that way.

The old saris sat on the porch at his abode with his pet dragon, though not a pet anymore, watched the world unfold around him. He has heard many of the stories and passed them down from generation to generation of newly arrived gifted. The days before Gigaroth, the Great Novian machine, and the merge, often brought amazement to those that listened.

But I digress... I don't know what "storytelling, quest writing, or general tales of lore you would want... but I wouldn't mind contributing something to a game I have stood by and watched progress over the years.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

I'm not at all sure what is meant by the storyline of Chaos. Chaos is the non roleplay shard. Seems to me that Order is the shard that would be more likely to have a "story", since that's the shard to play on if you want to role play. I do not want to role play, that's why I'm on Chaos. That's why I don't consider myself to be a "citizen of Istaria" but rather a citizen of the USA. So I hope this doesn't mean that there is going to be any kind of role play expectations for Chaos now.

I for one would love to be a part of creating a storyline for Chaos.
    I have been a part of Istaria for almost 2 years now, and i have seen it grow quite abit.
    I would love to see it grow more and anything i can do to help that i will do.

I am open for the challenge depending on the amount of time and time table to do it.

Have been in Istaria for over a year now helping the lonely new players and others in need.

I would be happy to assist if possible. I've been playing since launch and participated in many of the events which have shaped the world thus far.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by a storyline but I'm game.

Isharae of The Ancients - Pet Saris Druid to Dracanaa
    Katarae - Lost dragoness of Order

Once upon a time, hundreds of people lived in the world of Shadow. A lot of these people took an extended vacation but a few eventually returned. But when they did, they found their world had turned to Chaos

Gotta work the merge in there someplace

Yeah the novian machine was what merged the shards into one. There was a storyline/event for the merger. I've still got a copy of the Hz install from the last moments of twilights' existence. You can launch it in offline mode and still see all the deformities of the land that the massive attacks from the WA caused.

If I can help with the storyline let me know. If anything I could help with the history. Been here since the beginning.

*laugh!* Remember the blood, disruption, and geological chaos that was the final moments of Harro? That was a pretty impressive show of what the game tools were capable of doing.

And more than a little fun to participate in, even though it was under the bitter circumstance of AE's banruptcy and massive layoffs.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne
    I second Laughingotters nomination He is passionate about lore and quests for all of HZ and would be a top notch guy to assist in this project. I too would do what I can if I can, But I mostly just kill bad guys and help newbies.

Jayne
    He's also passionate about recruiting disgruntled players to file grievances with the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney Generals Office, all the while bashing EI and calling them crooks on the GiN forum. So I wonder two things: 1) why the sudden interest in helping with the lore project (ego?) and 2) why on earth would he think EI would include him after all the slanderous remarkes he's been posting on other boards?
    L100 Hatchling of the Realm of Order

Wow, if thats true then I'm sure there are many others doing the same. Maybe being passionate can be a negative too. Either way if it makes him feel better about EI and turns things around for him personally and EI can benefit, why not?

Maybe this is what he needs to feel good about whats happened? We all have our reasons and concerns and opinions. I chose to stick with the positive view, but hey to each his own.

Jayne

Talking cool

Would this be a good time for me to submit 7 new schools for dragon kind ?
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Indred Cold
    He's also passionate about recruiting disgruntled players to file grievances with the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney Generals Office, all the while bashing EI and calling them crooks on the GiN forum. So I wonder two things: 1) why the sudden interest in helping with the lore project (ego?) and 2) why on earth would he think EI would include him after all the slanderous remarkes he's been posting on other boards?

yes and because of that Billing was fixed. If you say nothing than you are desitined to be bent over the barrel constantly in your life.

Remember slanderous infers that remarks are untrue. So whereas you can call into question his sudden renewed interest but that doesn't take away EI's responsibility for all of that. There were no innocents in that disaster, none, none at all.

Please do not derail threads like this with such jibberish and BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Indred Cold
    Because I'm a fairly easygoing guy and I'm willing to hear what they have to say, though I'll admit I'd really like to see a bit more contrition and atonement for the billing issues.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

Thread Information