Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Unitas NA Shard Player Input

Quote Originally Posted by vahrokh_the_ancient
    About making things more complicated: making a photocopy of Unity is the easier task than filtering people out.
    It is easier... but every single person whose account and with that his/her email adress is to be transfered to EI has to accept that GN transfers his/her personal data to EI.

That's just the european law and it's a good law in most cases.

So.. if they do not accept that for whatever reasons.. maybe they don't care or don't get any email or whatever, then GN is not allowed to copy the account.
    They could copy the characters and buildings and so on, but a char without an account is just useless bits and bytes in the DB...
    You have to leave the chars on unity, cause without the account information no one is able to reconstruct who owns which char, even if somebody wants to return after the transfer has happened.

Face it.. on other games chars of inactive (as in "not paying") players are deleted after a certain time. Mostly 6 Months, sometimes even 3 or so..

Quote Originally Posted by vahrokh_the_ancient
    And I'd hate to see some plots (such the one of the BF of our Unity Queen (where's she gone :S) Daedra being not transferred, they were really nice to see or useful.
    Yeah.. the buildings is another question. They could be used by other people, who don't own the plots...
    They should copy all the buildings and let them stand on not owned plots, if the person who owned the plot didn't want to transfer...
    Then a new player could buy a fully build plot, that's a little disadvantage, I think... but we wouldn't loose all those structures and get more and more desert like communities.. *sigh*
    There are enough already.

Default Rename Blight instead

I really do not think we need another shard only character transfer to the other three servers. I say rename blight to whatever and keep the cash for actual improvements to the game not another half populated shard. After reading some posts worrying about how money is best spent I think this is the correct path for HZ. We need developers not another shard and I would think if we could have one or the other I would choose more employee developers over an empty shard any day.

Default Rename Blight ? Ask us first

Quote Originally Posted by Ankua Daru
    I say rename blight to whatever .
    Sorry laddie but I would object if my home shard was renamed.
    By all means copy to Blight .

Default Sorry for the lack of clarity.

Sorry, I meant to say rename it it to whatever the Unity player base wants. lol Not name it whatever. I believe this would be the fastest and easiest way to get Unity players the support they deserve at the lowest cost to the company. Plus they need no new hardware so transfers could begin on a faster track. Oh, with the transfer all plots should be reduced to novians with no loss to construction materials so all plots could be remade exactly as they were on Unity.

I think Blight could have a smaller or older hardware than the other servers because was never intended to be a production, populated machine.

Then, where would they test new releases? In production? It's years since I came in contact with David Bowman or the programmers but at that time they had an internal server called Genesis for the first drafts of new releases but it was way too small and insufficient as test bed of meaningful, under stress tests.

Finally, they are a company, not an holy sisters congregation, so they are supposed to know their income, if they can afford the investments and that they cannot live on charity. They have to have a business plan (I hope). If it includes a budget for Unitas, better for us.

I think he lives on Blight though, and doesn't want a name change. Plus the point of us having a new Unity/as/whatever is that its to keep the community; a lot of us would leave if forced onto an already populated server. I wouldn't, I'd give it a go, but I would miss the guys from Unity. Many that I know had said to me in the months leading up to this that they'd never transfer to chaos/order/blight simply because its a different community (not a bad one, just different), and those same people are now going to go to unitas. Though I can understand the point of view money-wise, but they'd probably lose just as much money if they didn't open up this server, at least over a short time period.
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Genesis was delta'd to blight for tests/debug then applied to Chaos and Order.
    Indeed our shard has a smaller server than those run by Order and Chaos.
    I would like to point out to unity players that Blight has a resident population tho we are smaller in number than Live we still call Blight our home ,I feel such acts as renaming us to ' something the unity playerbase would like " needs to be discussed with the Blight residents dont you ?
    I myself have called Blight home for over 2 years with some being there since beta.

Don't worry Theros, Ankua is not a resident member of the Unity community to my knowledge, so please do not take Ankua's words to be representative of the Unity playerbase as a whole.

EI and GN told us that Unity will complement the existing NA shards, can either of these two companies afford another broken promise ?

Hm.. don't merge unity with something... If you want something merged, merge chaos and order and give us our shard.

So.. my suggestion is just as good as yours, Ankua Daru. And just as impossible.

If you merge Unity with something else, you will loose the majority of the unity players... but it wouldn't be something else for the other shards.. if they get merged, many of their population will leave.

I fully understand your concerns about the money a new shard will cost. But it's the only way for EI to persuade at least some of the EU players to keep playing. Maybe even some old players how left in hate of GN will come back... I think that is what they hope.
    I even think that would be possible and Unity could get a good population if EI really tries to sort out their problems and are able to allow us payment via paypal or whatever

Heya all,

after reading the post's of this tread i may recommend that we first wait for the announced E-mail from GN, till today i did not receive any and probably no other Unity player.
    If IE and GN take some more time to clear the situation and to find an acceptable agreement it's worth to wait for; fast shoots in the oven usually dont get the wanted results and are by no means productive.
    In the meantime i wish a nice gaming time to all Unitarians and hope will see you all on the new server.
    Best regards,
    Knud

You know... when I first saw this post by Nagafen I was thinking, "This has to be a Joke." (Ill get to that in a second)

You know... I do honestly feel for the souls that play the game from across the waters. I truly don't know what took GN so long to pick up the talks with the owners of HZ and I'm glad that someone actually is talking about fixing the situation that has been lingering on for such a long time. I just am sorry that it took so long to get better support and assistance.

I was thinking that it was a joke.. mainly because with all the other issues that still are unresolved, like Billing, it would be quite difficult to sort out the new players that EII would now be obtaining. They would also incur having to transfer databases etc so that the players could enjoy their current items after the transition. Anyway... I have a potential solution to that issue.

Why doesnt EII just purchase all the hardware that HZ is running on currently under GN. Then they could just tell the customers that there will be a 2 day transition period for transportation of the servers to their new home. They could then preconfigure the new home for the servers with all the necessary network etc so that it can be a seemingly smooth transition.

After the transition to EII, EII could then manipulate the Database to resemble that of what exists currently on the other shards so that updates to the shard can be made without jackin stuff up.

Anyway... thats my take on it. Hopefully Unitarians can forgive me for laughing at the prospect of this transfer when so much with the game/service is still messed up. Perhaps many of the problems that now exhist will be corrected by the time that transfer is made.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Yes, Blight is smaller and can only hold a small amount of players in its current state. I hope changing it to Unitas is not the plan, Blight has been ignored since buy out so I have noticed.

If it is the plan then I would think the name blight should stay or at the very least Blight have some input for a new name.

Nafagen, is this the plan? Yes or no should suffice for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne
    Nafagen, is this the plan? Yes or no should suffice for now.
    There was no word from any official that allowed to think of that...
    They always talked about "unitas" as "new Shard"... I don't think that they will rename it.

To Fracticide:
    They could even leave the servers right where they are. They are in Frankfurt, Germany whereas GN is in Mailand, Italy. So they need to be able to remotely control them anyway... I think I remember that someone (I think it was DANU) already said that they possibly will keep the server hardware.

But that really doesn't change a thing. They need to change the Account DB to the new system, need to be sure to solve all conflicts with accounts of players that have account on NA and Unity, and delete all the accounts of players, that don't want to transfer..
    I think that are the main problems they have to fidle with..

I didnt say an Official said anything, but a simple yes or no would put that assumption to rest since it was brought up

Quote Originally Posted by Nagafen
    The new NA shard “Unitas� is now very much in the serious planning mode. This thread is intended to begin a discussion and seek your thoughts about these plans. We will be posting regular updates, in this thread, as each phase of planning is completed.
    a lot of questions are made there but no answer at all

can you please tell us more details about your started discussion?

a lot of questions are made there but no answer at all
    Hmm last time I checked they are moving. Not "all done by a day" and if you worked in IT you'd know why you can't do that operation with a snap of a finger.

yes but this thread started: October 6th, 2006, 03:13 PM

so after 21 days there should be a little shrug ^^

easy Vliss

good thingswill take time^^

*g*

i wonder why you all are so patient?

hey we wait 4 month now? and nothing real happened?

ok they re-abled the "old halloween event"?

i have 3 paid accounts but dont play HZ because i (only my personal opinion) have no reason to log in, nothing to do, nothing to achieve

and how should that change on the new server?
    They haven't got that many new things over there...

Thread Information