Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unwanted spam

Default That is how some gaming companies to this

But they provide two choices

1 to opt out or recieve emails from their company only
    2. to opt out or recieve email from other sources

I always choose to recieve on the first one, but opt out on the second one. I don't like missing important announcements.

I checked my Email and noticed I also had this mailing. I noticed there was a review made by one calling himself "Willow" about Horizons. I dont know when the review was written, but it states that he created a Dragon character and played it.

Now... I may just be me, but with all the character creation issues as of late, If this review was written recently, it can be quite obvious that the review was put there just mearly to boost recognition of the game from in-house. What bothers me is they would post a review that says try the 14 day trial of a game you cannot currently create a character on.

Sorry if I sound quite Pessimistic, but thats how I see it. And yes.. I just tried to create a new character and still nothing happens.

K... Ill keep looking here and there for some real news, perhaps Danu will return my PM with some answers to the questions he asked me for... who knows... It might have been just another flash of the mirror and disillutionment of smoke
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

I got it as well. I want an option to get off that list; I get enough crap and lies in my email as it is.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

I'd like an opt out as well. That newsletter was at best "Meh." and it was a waste of time to read through it all the way like I did.

Yes i got it aswell, yet my email went strait to the junk folder, so i guess its not that bad
    Mephiblo the mischievous Lunus

hmm, didn't get any mail from EI so this problem doesn't seem to affect all unity accounts.

Don't know if this should make me happy or nervous when thinking about the transfer to unitas.

Regards, Sap

I got this thing as well. I don't play Horizons anymore, I haven't subscribed in ages. I don't want spam. Please take me off your list.
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

Thumbs down no spam please

I've received these spam emails as well. Please allow us to opt out.
    "Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good dipped in chocolate!" - Can't remember who

Roflmao, got also that mail today

Tick me off that wired list you have

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

I got it this morning, odd how people get it at different times. Almost like its being sent out individually or something
    After reviewing the.. quality of it, I definitely do not want to be on this list. I have blacklisted them for sending mail to this domain; as this is spam, no opt in, no agreement and no way to remove one self.

Thank you for the two additional copies of this email I received this morning. At least these ones were addressed to the emails associated with my NA accounts, nevertheless the fact I've received 3 copies of this email now is demonstrating that EI do not care about privacy laws in the slightest.

Just recieved it in my box as well. While I do play, I have enough junk in my Inbox to be getting more unsolicited mail. Take me off the list too, as there is no way to do so presented in the email.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

I have received this mail also in my private mailbox. And this is very suprising there i do not play hz for nearly 2 years on Unity and I have never given permission for transfer of my personal information which was held by GN.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches
    But they provide two choices

1 to opt out or recieve emails from their company only
    2. to opt out or recieve email from other sources

I always choose to recieve on the first one, but opt out on the second one. I don't like missing important announcements.
    Hz Unity is run by GN and as Luca pointed out, they are obliged to the Data protection act under the European law which prevent/forbids them to tranfser personal data without the personal consent of the person in question.

With the fact that i just mentioned (for current and ex unity players ) is hte 2 choices that you mention irrelevant, peaches. it is not if you want it or not that is the issue, it is the "getting hold of personal information" by EI from (ex)players without consent that is the issue.

therefore i request a clear public statement from EI where/how they have "found/received" my (and any possible other (ex)players) email adress without their personal consent. At the same time I request that EI gives the people affected by this a clear process of how they will destroy this personal information they possess and a garantuee that EI has destroyed the iunformation and that furhter breaches of the European Data protection act will not happen.

I look forward hearing from you,

Xante

Default Heh

Read the title of my post, I stated its how I know some other games handle it and what I choose. Yes, I agree with the ability to opt in or out, although, I will always opt in so that I don't miss information.

But, here there is a distinct difference... No one "opted in" for the e-mails from EII. From Tulga, or Artifact perhaps... unless there was a check box way back when the first attempted billing change came about after the sale.

I know I never filled out that form, yet still got the e-mails...
    It is better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzael
    Thank you for the two additional copies of this email I received this morning. At least these ones were addressed to the emails associated with my NA accounts, nevertheless the fact I've received 3 copies of this email now is demonstrating that EI do not care about privacy laws in the slightest.
    Can't see your point here.
    You got that email to all your accounts or not?
    Why would it be worse to send emails to the NA accounts than to the Unity ones?

I didn't recieve any emails, yet... or maybe my junk filter ate them (it ates very much, 99% of my emails and I'm quite happy with that ), maybe one could roughly summon up what was written in it?
    Was there something about HZ or was it just "stuff" from their Games Intruder Thing?

I just got it last night so as others have said it does not seem to be automated. So if you have not got it yet just give it time.

I've received mine yesterday as well.
    Qarana
    Fist of the North, Order

yay!! i got my first deleted post for singing the "spam song"
    Brain: It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob.
    Pinky: You have no idea.

I received the email in question yesterday also.

They probably deleted your post because of trademark issues with a certain canned meat product or with a troupe of British comedic actors from long ago. ;-)

But somehow "A certain canned meat product, a certain canned meat product, a certain canned meat product, a certain canned meat product" just doesn't go with the music very well. ;-)

Waits for deletion.
    Drasdil Redin
    100 Paladin
    Order Shard

Thread Information