Thread: dual boxing 2 accounts on smae computer

Default dual boxing 2 accounts on smae computer

it's been 3 yrs since i played HZ since release really. and i had 2 accounts one for me and wife. but back then we had 2 computers running now just one very good one. is it possible to have 2 horizons games accounts running on same computer at same time. i know i can have 2 characters from same account but one from each account?

i keep checking these forums for game updates. i miss the game but so many issues in past. i'm a fraid to start again. at least to pay again i would try if they would let us old playes have a free month trial. i know i could just make a new account with tiral i guess

Quote Originally Posted by eqgamer
    it's been 3 yrs since i played HZ since release really. and i had 2 accounts one for me and wife. but back then we had 2 computers running now just one very good one. is it possible to have 2 horizons games accounts running on same computer at same time. i know i can have 2 characters from same account but one from each account?

i keep checking these forums for game updates. i miss the game but so many issues in past. i'm a fraid to start again. at least to pay again i would try if they would let us old playes have a free month trial. i know i could just make a new account with tiral i guess
    uhhhh...so many responses rushed into my brain at once I can't physicaly respond other than telling you I can't physicaly respond.

Vanguard Faction
    "We suck less than the rest !"
    "Beauty fades...Dumb is forever"
    "Don't pee on my leg and then tell me it's raining"
    www.lhguild.com

Considering how HZ runs on my P4 with a really nice graphics card and 1G ram, I really doubt you could run two instances of it on one computer.

Even if it were possible (no idea) I doubt it would be playable.

It is extremely difficult and practically impossible to do that.

lol i played asherons call with 5 accounts and i still play everquest with 4 accounts on one computer at same time alt tabing and fighting no macroing or 3rd party programes. just me fast.

my coputer can handle 3 everquest 2 account too. i'm sure HZ i could run 2 with full settings. but need to know if possible. main reason i ask i have 3 horizons accounts in total and i plan to just play on but i would like to transfer goods from the other accounts. since the game doesn't have a email money and item system like eq2 and world of waorcraft does

Are you here to complain about the monthly charge, game issues and compare it with other mmorpgs or are you sincerely interested in playing Horizons again??If the latter is the case .. I would encourage you to buy a month, log in, and see for yourself. You may be able to take advantage of the 14 day free trial ... I'm not sure how that would work with a returning player though.

Vanguard Faction
    www.lhguild.com

hmm did i not mention i was thinking of playing agian. i just want to know one if the game is stable or will i be waisting money paying for a month just to find out i hate the game still. i know i didi like it but some fixes to prevent macroing for money on ebay. which i am agaiest also scewed the rest of us. where we had to collect resouseces and then run to town to make the items then run back for resousece.

when the game launched we could do it all near the resource. i didn't and still wouldn't have time to run for 5-10 min per direction to do tradeskilling. i love to trade skill, runing to town to sell the items i'm more then fine with. although the limited consignment per town was odd too. but ok i just sell to merchant. and if not many players ingame then not many buying items now too.

if this was a solo game that we just bought the game and no monthly fees i know i 'd play. but to pay for a game where most players are way higher lvl then me and very few new players. as they are being scaird away with the billing and cancling problems. i got billed for 3 months early last yr and had to get my creditcard company to stop them as my emails did nothing. many others had same issue.

it sounds like the billing issue is good now. but then character creation isues. might be ok. they fix one thing and another goes down.

i am downloading the program again. i have discs somewhere but all the updates i should just down load . i will try the game again.

i have a disease. not sure what to call it. i think it could be called MMORPG addic i have played every main online mmorpg game and some other free and trial accounts too. i tend to switch back and forth every few months. i play everquest the most. but lpaying 4 accounts a bit hard when i also have a 2 yr old child to watch. so i was thinking of playing just one game with one account and make life easier for a few months.

i will admit i'm worried about HZ being cancliled if the new owners can't get the financing to fix and upgrade it. asherons'call 2 got a huge nice enxpansion and 6 months after they killed the game it was too late too many players left and never came back

everquest lost a lot too when eq2 and wow came out but with the funding to bring out new expansions every 6 months they have kepted a good player base and still add some newbees and bring back old players. the game is getting crouded again they opened 2 servers classic types. but have a lot playing on them

i feel no game has better tradskiling and class creation then HZ plus the house building. i really hope it makes a come back.

till then i will reactive my accounts. i just don't remember where i left all the money and god items on so i have to try them all. i hope i can run 2 on one computer. or at least have a way to transfer items and money thought a mial system.

If I thought it was a waste of money ... I doubt I would still be playing. Asking the active players if Horizons is a waste of money is like knocking on a door and asking if anyone is home.
    I hope you enjoy youself in game and tell lots of people about how great Horizons is !!

Vanguard Faction
    www.lhguild.com

If you have 3 active accounts already, just try it. I'd suggest running them from separate installation directories, but there's nothing in the EULA that prevents you from running more than one on a machine as far as I know.

The game will not run twice, it takes some serious modifications to your system to be able to pull it off, not for a novice. This is software limited, not hardware

there is the horizons.exe preventing you from doing so.

It won't start up, if another instance is already running. Maybe there is someprefence or whatever to change that behaiviour, but I won't count on it...

Kerech, I would seriously suggest going to 2gb of memory...

I had 1gb, and it was constantly hitting my virtual memory cache...

After upgrading to 2gb, it sits comfortably at 66% full (depending on how many ports can get near 80%)

Just a suggestion
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage
    Kerech, I would seriously suggest going to 2gb of memory...
    This helps, I run 2gb, but still find that I have to relog after a time. What I think would really help HZ performance is having the largest on card video memory you can get. HZ lag-over-time occurs because the video memory fills up and overflows into conventional RAM, which is when you start seeing drops in framerate later in the game.

If you had a REALLY good system, you might be able to run it in a VM (Virtual Machine), but I have never personally tried it so I can't say for certain.
    Imayo, Preceptor of Obsidian Order on Order
    Shadowalker
    http://kalex.org

My work machine is pretty similar to my home machine, but it has 2G ram instead of 1G. Granted I don't play as much at work as I do at home, but I really haven't noticed that much difference between the two machines.

Thread Information