Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oct 25 Chat log

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches
    *Peaches* Will we have any type of fall festival this year?

<Amadan> Peaches: We will have a series of events for the Fall Festival, although the event will differ from Tulga's Festival.
    when will the event start? how many will there be? and what will be different?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip

Just another DB pole smoker.
    hey its good that perhaps the folks on Unity are finally getting the support they deserve. I am happy to see that EII is taking this seriously.

But really Phillip most of your arguments are illogical and ill concieved. Why ? because you were so intent on bashing Bowman and Tulga before you left that you firmly believe that EII is the 2nd coming of ************ for horizons

Anyone with even a half wit of knowledge as to how developing a game works or developing any project works knows this isn't true. What you got now is all your ever going to get. So yeah Tulga and Bowman perhaps never could vaunt Horizons to success. I can say this it isn't ever going to happen now. Just hope that those playing now make EII some money. Hope that EII can do something and be happy with what they can do. Their options are severly limited. Thats no slam on EII but rather cold hard realities.

The MMO market is a very unforgiving one.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDwarf
    But really Phillip most of your arguments are illogical and ill concieved. Why ? because you were so intent on bashing Bowman and Tulga before you left that you firmly believe that EII is the 2nd coming of ************ for horizons
    Nope. I have never posted anything as such on EI, anywhere. It's something you constantly made up and hoping no one can see through the bs. It don't work. Even the most ardent fans of Horizons are skeptical of EI, Maddude, so enough assumptions. I haven't posted anything about what EI's plans are and whatever to be illogical and ill conceived.

Anyone with even a half wit of knowledge as to how developing a game works or developing any project works knows this isn't true. What you got now is all your ever going to get. So yeah Tulga and Bowman perhaps never could vaunt Horizons to success. I can say this it isn't ever going to happen now. Just hope that those playing now make EII some money. Hope that EII can do something and be happy with what they can do. Their options are severly limited. Thats no slam on EII but rather cold hard realities.
    What will happen under EI? I don't know. I've said this before many times. Unlike the what happened under the Bowman crew. We knew it, and it's mostly crap that made more and more people leave and that is a cold, hard fact. With EI we simply don't know, which, somehow for me, it just feels ******** good knowing Bowman ain't around.

No one here is claiming or defending that EI is going to do all kinds of development (except EI themselves). I don't see what the deal is that you gotta take swings at those who do play, because you don't agree with EI? Well take it up with them. Write them a letter or something. Tell them your ideas and how you really feel. Hook up with the exTG interns for some kneepads.

Subscription numbers have raised for well over a year straight now, so where is your cold hard fact about people leaving steadily? Or... did you just make that up? Let me guess here....

MadDwarf is taking swings because you constantly bash people on the boards, all your posts are bashing someone.

Not everyone. Just the sourtard (edit: naughty language).
    Last edited by Nagafen; October 30th, 2006 at 03:02 PM.

I think a guy that uses the words Po** Smo*** so often must have an infatuation with it. Perhaps you need to hit some news groups to satisfy your desire. /shrug

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

uh huh.

You actually went to college to learn that come back, didn't you?

Here's some sourtards, happy halloween!

I wish someone would start talking about the OP instead of Bashing each other about who is right/wrong. Whether DB or EII is the better solution. We all have our opinions, but this thread was about EII's discussion in IRC... So if we can venture back to that realm and discuss what was actually talked about... K.. thx..
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso
    And I'm totaly against a complete clone of the Unity DB, because I think it's good to get all that ancient chars deleted of players who don't care for the game anymore. It's just too much balast.
    Maybe keep the unity DB somewhere and make it possible to copy over an old char, if someone doesn't manage to get his chars transfered and realises in the distant future that HZ was a great game and he misses his char... but I wouldn't even do that if I was EI...

Just give the remaining playerbase on unity a fresh restart and inform all former players that they should come back now or all their chars will be lost.
    With no way to predict the future, it's possible that the game will reattract some of the retired players; one of the better ideas of Horizons was to never delete a character. Players have returned after nearly two years, and are pleasantly surprised to find their character(s) waiting patiently. If it's possible to retain all characters, Ei should.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

As much as I appreciate the concern for Unity/as...

My question in this thread was more towards EI and exactly HOW they plan to implement four unique servers. I am quite concerned that a things from one shard may have an impact on another.... Some little piece of data doesn't get wiped up and it infects the next shard....?

Maybe I am being paranoid, but I would like for EI, not other players, to make me feel safer.
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The way I understood it (correct me if I am wrong), there was a bug on Unity that allowed each CHARACTER to own a plot/lair instead of one plot/lair per active subscription. Now if those requesting transfers do own multiple plots (ie more than their active subs), then it could easily get very tricky determining which plot gets transfered over for that account.
    Imayo, Preceptor of Obsidian Order on Order
    Shadowalker
    http://kalex.org

I thought they fixed that bug already on Unity.

Quote Originally Posted by Imayo
    The way I understood it (correct me if I am wrong), there was a bug on Unity that allowed each CHARACTER to own a plot/lair instead of one plot/lair per active subscription. Now if those requesting transfers do own multiple plots (ie more than their active subs), then it could easily get very tricky determining which plot gets transfered over for that account.
    hmm, you're a Peaches clone? She was worried about the multiple plots too. But to correct you...
    This is so old and allready taken care of, long long ago. So no need to worry about that.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by LexDivinia
    My question in this thread was more towards EI and exactly HOW they plan to implement four unique servers. I am quite concerned that a things from one shard may have an impact on another.... Some little piece of data doesn't get wiped up and it infects the next shard....?
    Probably they have a pool of world/zone servers while each server may be assigned to one shard depending on the current shards population.
    Wen you take into account that unitas will be inhabited mostly by european players while the old NA shards are used by NA players (just an example), sharing servers would allow them to balance the whole thing much better. Just think of the time zones the players are located in. Not all of the players will be active at the same time even if they are 7-days-a-week-hardcore players because sooner or later they will have to sleep or earn some money. So in result you can host more people with the same hardware (and a few other nice things).

@Phillip:
    Guess you don't play HZ very long yet, but since HZ is attractive in long term game play and some people I know mostly spend their time in building houses only - their own and other's.
    Well so think of yourself and imagine you have a "10 adv classes at 100" and they tell you they will limit your char to only one adv class for some reasons.

@EI: would be nice to see these chat logs summarized somehow in official announcement threads, esspecially since it had been some time when you posted there.

Regards, Sap

Thread Information