Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: festival! woot!!

Amadan, might it be possible to send instructions to GN on how to move the NPCs out of the forbidden zone and set up the spawn? Assuming the janitor at GN is HZ-illiterate it may need to be a specific list of commands to enter... While I'm long gone from Istaria the few hundred or so still active on Unity might appreciate the chance to participate in the festivities.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

My goodness. I've come back just in time for the Fall Festival, and wanted to have some fun earning the masks I didn't get last year. I learn that there is a dev/WM invisible spawning some mobs all in once spot, but I'm not worried, since, after all, isn't our community going to be civil and great?
    I was rather surprised to find ancients, and other players hogging the spawn. Then I tried to use Unrelenting Winds, and undamaging AoE spell to try and get people to realize that it's better for people to have them be spread out. I am yelled at "NO AOE", because making this a Lion Kill is just so much more fun, isn't it? D:
    I manage to deal with this insanity for some time, then log off in frustration, thinking that perhaps with some time, people might get the idea or thin out.
    Some hours later, I log back in, still the same. One of my guildies suggests after some time that we give the spawns two to three goes and then go for it. This only holds for a little while, then I crash, and come back to the same old same old. In fact, there is a player who, after I inquire as to why we are not letting them spawn for a bit almost snaps at me.
    This erupts into a Timeless/Ancients feud.
    Will someone explain to me why?
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

spawn? There is spawn? Haven't seen any so far.

But I'm very very happy that trick or treating works abd thus I have a chance to collect the candy to buy some masks

Thank you for opening the festival grounds again this year!!!
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

As for myself I honestly believed that the fall festival was going to be missed (guess you can see how my faith in developers, no offense), even if its just a repeat for now im very glad that we have something now. Saves me alot of worry on trying to scrounge up a player run event in 3 days with school work and other things piling up on me thank you amadan and EI. Mabye i can come up with something aside from player to player trick-or-treating since not many seemed interested in the idea.

Gegis, Dranslin, Anvault, Kanmiel (Order)

Quote Originally Posted by Kwinn
    I've had enough. You have absolutely nothing good to say about anything EI does. Was your position under Bowman's desk really that good? Why dont you just go back to whatever slimy hole you erupted from and take your snide, smug and foundationless remarks with you. Your incessant negativity has gotten old and it's high time you just left.
    LOL What he said..

I was a level 1 or 2 hatchling this time last year and DP was all I ever got for my effort. I am enjoying myself immensely this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gegis
    As for myself I honestly believed that the fall festival was going to be missed (guess you can see how my faith in developers, no offense), even if its just a repeat for now im very glad that we have something now. Saves me alot of worry on trying to scrounge up a player run event in 3 days with school work and other things piling up on me thank you amadan and EI. Mabye i can come up with something aside from player to player trick-or-treating since not many seemed interested in the idea.
    I agree, I thought it was going to be missed. It's a nice distraction from the every day.

I did notice that the ancient dragon costumes clipping aren't adjusted like the ragular models are. I had to remove my costume to fit through naka doorways. }:=8(

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalyr
    Ya know, LO and AAO remind me of certain Democrats who are absolutely determined to spin anything the Republicans do right negatively. Something like . . . if our troops captured bin Laden tomorrow there would be some Dem's saying we should have handled him more carefully, or it's no big deal, or the administration should have captured him ten years ago . . . .

Good Lord you two, give it a rest will ya?
    better than the republican see no evil hear no evil and when everyone finally see's it they point to the guy next to them. They then smile while pulling the still bloody knife from the poor saps back.

The festival ? At least they got something in game eh ? No matter how they did it they did it. Even if it was nickle and dimed in. Amadan deserves a bloody medal .

Nisse I am sorry that this had to happen last night... as I got home from work to find that you and a few other Timeless and non-Timeless guild members were also upset at the fact their leader was using AOE damaging spells... or just "select next enemy / kill / repeat" methods standing on the gravestone they were appearing on.

I had a few very not nice choice things to say to him which would get modded here definitely. He actually "got a clue" and left for an hour, leaving the spawns for the younger, lower level players to have fun getting stuff.

A bunch of us stood around and had fun watching the naka and the hatchies running around after the spiders and zombies, and if one ventured too near me I would scream for help

Unfortunately there are some that believe that the Chaos server is only online to serve him and his guild, and no one else... this is very sad. But in the end others got to partake in the festivities.

It would be better if:

EI would spawn the normal spawn zones (but this would require patches and "mob walking routes")
    EI could have several "Invisible WM's" in different areas doing this
    or.... write a more elaborate macro than "/createmob <spiders> <zombies> at <coordinates> Wait 2 minutes repeat hotkey. They could spawn 3 spiders here, 5 zombies there, 4 spiders in a different spot, so on and so forth.

I actually applaud EI for listening to us about the fall festival, even though it is not "added content" which everyone is hanging on for dear life waiting for, it still makes the players just that "little more happier"
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

i'm just delighted i was finally able to get those confectioner forms again (love that pumpkin pie!) and more candy to power my costumes throughout the year. i am still hoping for some spooky story telling on tuesday, not sure how much i can be there for myself, but i'll try to have one or two tales ready :-)

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    This is a sorta hacked way to get the festival in without a patch. Since they can't patch in spawn points, they sent up a invisible WM character that macros spawning of mobs, adding more and more points will take more and more computers.
    I really wonder why this... person .... is allowed to get away with this crap over, and over and over, ad nauseum... God forbid anyone says anything to this guy about his completely dreadful attitude. The remarks get mod'd out of existance before you can say Jack Robinson. Is AAO THAT BLOODY SPECIAL that he deserves preferential treatment and can say whatever he wishes?

There comes a time when a company needs to get rid of the nay sayers, constant detractors, the relentless tide of negativity toward their efforts. AAO resprents and embodies this trend and it's time for EI to step in and send him packing. Or maybe send me packing for having the temerity to disagree wholeheartedly with everything AAO stands for...
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

I agree with Kwinn, i mean geezuz man, there aren't enough MMOs out there to play that people like these gotta stick around here and spew the bs every chance they get?

btw, the festival is fun!

though i don't have enough candy to buy special pants

The folks who were wrong, dead wrong, 540 degrees wrong, need to find something to pick on to salvage a bit of self-respect. Understandable, if unwelcome.

Someone, working under several handicaps, had to have worked hard, and ingeniously, to resurrect the Fall Festival. Praise where due, and due it is. The newer players get a good taste of last year's festival, the best ever; and a lot of the features like the trick or treating and costumes are back.

Perhaps the naysayers are most upset about this being a beginning; a small step, but dammit a step! After all, the journey of a thousand leagues begins with but a single camel's nose in the tent.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Since EI actually managed to add something new (well, not exactly new, but you know..) I think I may just drop in and see how everyone is doing.

I never thought I'd say this, but thank you EI.

100/100/90
    Ancient dragoness of Order - Retired

Ya know, I've sat around and lurked on these forums awhile since EI took over and I have to say, they really have gotten the raw end of the stick from the community here.

Well, I take that back, not the community, just the few that have nothing better to do than trash anything and everything.

I've been to the Fall Festival, and while the Dragons sitting around with hatchies AOEing everything is certainly in bad taste, nothing is wrong with this event. There wasn't anything wrong with it last year, and there isn't anything wrong with it this year.

A couple of you need to give it a rest, or get out, plain and simple. I think the majority of us are tired as hell of reading your little psuedo rants.

Okay, so it's not exactly new content, but it is something to do!

Amadan deserves special recognition for coming up with this idea and pulling it off, and the EI management deserves praise for allowing him to give it a shot.

I hope this leads to Amadan's increased involvement in future events. He's got wisdom and imagination that goes beyond manually spawning mobs in a hour time slot. Put him to use before he forgets it all!

Now...
    Is there a list of NPCs participating in "trick o treat" being built?
    (or does a complete one exist?)

and of course...

Who on chaos wants some biped costumes?

Kudos, Amadan

Whee! Replying to myself.

There's a list from last year:
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=1817

Please add anything new!

Nice to see you are enjoying this event
    I re-ask my question
    Is Blight going to get to enjoy this as well ??

<has to say it> I'm not the biggest EI suporter (or heck, suporter at all) but heck. Gratz to Amadon, and to EII on the whole. BLOODY HECK!!! Its better than nothing, and better than most anyone expected.

All the nay-sayers, go to heck <self modded> tis better than nothing. <To EII> Good start, back it up with real progress. Peace.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Default Got Milk?

I just had to post this.. Makes me laugh every time I think about it.

Rarrrrr um ahh Moo?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information