Thread: New Login Screens

Default New Login Screens

Well the login screen look different

My shard colors are white, very hard to see with the background. Still makes a nice change.

Gorek

Erm

The links:

New Account, Community Site and download Horizons aren't working for me

This is what I got. Dunno why this is being tested on a production server. It can't (better not) be finished yet. (Click for full screen)

"We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Default that really

does look awesome!..............l

Must have been another mistake putting that up. Gone now and old screen is back. I do hope that is a very very early attempt at a new login site, it did not look....awesome....to me. Personally, I'd much rather see them expand the stand alone to do all the same functions as are currently on the website rather than play with something that players have complained about since Horizons was in beta.

No check this thread. http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=15528

The current log-in screen can be hacked. From reading it a little I wonder if this caused some of the repeat billing this time and under TG.

Here's what I managed to save, I had trouble logging in because ActiveX was causing issues, but a second attempt gave results, despite the new look.

http://mojo-lahojo.com/Other/Burns!.bmp

I really dislike the cartoonyness and low resolution of their background image. Coupled with the fact it is tiled, which means it starts up again from the top when you scroll down enough.

A simple pattern that could repeat itself when tiled would be more appropriate, I feel.
    ACKNOWLEDGE//SUBMIT!

It has some interesting choices to check.

It really is a bit too pastel and pastoral for a land under siege; at the least, maybe an arbotus over on the right?
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

COMPETITION

I see a nice way to hold a competition for all budding artists, submit a Login Screen background to EI.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth
    No check this thread. http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=15528

The current log-in screen can be hacked. From reading it a little I wonder if this caused some of the repeat billing this time and under TG.
    Your link lead to something not related ... unless you were trying to refer to Lupidus post on MMPORG.COM Which was quite informative on the SAOP API issue and went over the limit by posting some hack code, but he was referensing to a long time underlying issue. And yes It seems that one poster said the issue was not solved and that poster refernce to the more then enough crash now occuring with the new login. I decided not to place actual link since it has hack code in it.

I be curious what EII official word is, are they working on client interface issue (which I think they mention something about getting bad unsolved issue with client) or if this just a rework to have the EII logo & feel.
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire
    Must have been another mistake putting that up. Gone now and old screen is back. I do hope that is a very very early attempt at a new login site, it did not look....awesome....to me. Personally, I'd much rather see them expand the stand alone to do all the same functions as are currently on the website rather than play with something that players have complained about since Horizons was in beta.
    I have to agree with this. The stand alone is much quicker/easier to use, and all it really needs extra is account management features.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalrach
    Your link lead to something not related ... unless you were trying to refer to Lupidus post on MMPORG.COM Which was quite informative on the SAOP API issue and went over the limit by posting some hack code, but he was referensing to a long time underlying issue. And yes It seems that one poster said the issue was not solved and that poster refernce to the more then enough crash now occuring with the new login. I decided not to place actual link since it has hack code in it.

I be curious what EII official word is, are they working on client interface issue (which I think they mention something about getting bad unsolved issue with client) or if this just a rework to have the EII logo & feel.
    Yes it seems the post in that thread about the Hack has been deleted and I am sure my post about it will go away also.

Humm!! I launch Horizon and same as usual, the draggon popped checked files and carry on .. it did not update to the new login window and was able to get in game.

Do I have to do something special to update to the new launcher window?
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalrach
    Do I have to do something special to update to the new launcher window?
    It is gone. For now, at least.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Gorek
    COMPETITION

I see a nice way to hold a competition for all budding artists, submit a Login Screen background to EI.
    Great idea! I'm sure there would be some awesome entries and would love to see them...
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

I'm all for new looks and improvements.....but that is far from awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by snickel
    Great idea! I'm sure there would be some awesome entries and would love to see them...
    Tulga got quite a few excellent entries for the launcher skin contest, so I expect you're probably right.

Too bad PJ isn't here any more; his 'Death of Nadia' screen is still my favorite by far.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    Tulga got quite a few excellent entries for the launcher skin contest, so I expect you're probably right.

Too bad PJ isn't here any more; his 'Death of Nadia' screen is still my favorite by far.
    'Death of Nadia'? Well, the subject alone would make it one of my favorites as well
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Thread Information