Thread: Trpohie appearance

Default Trpohie appearance

I know this is very minor and cosmetic, but it would be kind of cool if trophies looked like their namesake instead of a big coin, though this might also make them easier to confuse them with comps. What does everyone else think?

Yep, that would be cool. And if we then had among the furniture a trophy-display case....

But I think this is work that has to be postponed indefinitely, there are much more urgent things to develop.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Depends. I could see these as being confused with components which have an item picture. Unless they shade them a constant colour which no component uses or have them inside a box icon or something. Maybe the trophy could sit inside a coin icon?

I Still like the Coin look of them. I just would like a number put on them. For instance, an 80 for 80-84 trophy, etc.

I don't mind the coin look (probably because I'm used to it), but yea, some level indicator would be nice. I'm looking through my vault and see "small ruxus jaw" and "ruxus jaw" it's hard to know what level range each is in.

They are color coded. The colors are very similar but they are colored coded. I have never seen any kind of guide for it though.

Yes a trophy can be a coin. i like the look and I'm used to using them. The color code helps for teir, but I do agree a number to indicate the actual level in the teir would be nice. Of course I feel there is much more important things to do before this.

Jayne

In general the idea having a boar head look like a boar head instead of a coin for example is nice, especially when considering to place the trophie in your house instead selling it for money.

But the problem will be to visually make them differ from common tec resources. If they still have the same size but look like what they are named, it will become pretty hard to sort all the stuff.

Regards, Sap.

Hmmm...I would have to say no to this idea....far too easy for my simple Lunus brain to get confused with tech ingrediants. But I would say a big yes to putting the level requirements on trophies, i.e. 5-10, 10-15 etc

Regards

Els

Coin? Trophies look like coins? I always thought they looked like old Ford hubcaps.

Here's an appearance thought. Change them to look like what the description is...scion, mettle, skull, eyes whatever and keep the color coding.
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Quote Originally Posted by Kwinn
    Coin? Trophies look like coins? I always thought they looked like old Ford hubcaps.

Here's an appearance thought. Change them to look like what the description is...scion, mettle, skull, eyes whatever and keep the color coding.
    So, pokeing round the net, I leard my new thing for the day, there actually IS a scion of a tree, though it's normally a cion (always thought that scion was just a child/desendant aka the Scion of the House of Bruce). But, what does a mettle look like? It's basically another word for valor, and, whilst golems might be valorous, I can't imagine being able to break that off after you've killed one.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Quote Originally Posted by walkerglassmire
    But, what does a mettle look like? It's basically another word for valor, and, whilst golems might be valorous, I can't imagine being able to break that off after you've killed one.
    Sure you can! Just break off a chunk of the that chest it had all puffed out right before you killed it
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Thread Information