Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are YOU still playing?

Default Why are YOU still playing?

Ok, AE went down the crapper, TG sold out and EI owns the game now. We've been through server merging, boring event after boring event, 1 hit kill foes that do 10 times the damage needed to kill any one of us. Then there is Nadia price change, the decimation of t6 resource and golems spawns, pawn broker changes. The list does seem long and Holy Snakesnot Batman! in it's capacity to make a player base want to seek greener pastures.

986 days ago I created Kwinn and have been through a lot with HZ. I'm still here and have no real plans to leave. Why? Believe it or not, it's as simple as one little 3 letter word...FUN. I'm still having FUN, still entertained, and still playing. Why are YOU still playing?

Yikes! 2 edits and counting. More coffee! I need more coffee!
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Yup, it's as simple as that three letter word. As I've always said, I'll continue to play so long as I have fun playing the game. And I'll cancel my accounts the day I don't have fun playing, and move on. But that day isn't here yet.

And I don't worry about what's in the future for Horizons. Why on earth should I worry about whether I'm going to have fun playing the game three or six or twelve months from now when I'm still having fun today?
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

I left for a year with some of the nerfs that came along, and have been back a couple months now. For me I play because my guild and my friends here make this game more fun for me than any others I have tried. I'll stay as long as the game is fun, but without some fixes in the near future the frustration may overshadow any fun for me.
    Malacast
    100/100 Dragon
    Drizzat
    140/186 rated Sslisk

Maelstrom
    Order

I left for over two years. I came back the day after EI bought the game. I'm still playing, in fact I have 2 accounts. The reason is that same 3-letter word.

I have been a nut for dragons my whole life. When I first heard that Horizons would let you play a dragon I knew it was the game for me. I got into beta and back then dragons could be any class just like bipeds. I was a dragon druid and loved it! Then they changed it so dragons were not classed any longer. The game was released and I tried to play a dragon, but I just didn't like it anymore. I played a Sslik for about 4 months and quit, disappointed that my dragon never panned out.

Now, though, the RoP and ARoP have been put in... Dragons have tons of quests (sure most of them are 'kill xxx creatures' but still...) and you can build lairs... and most importantly, they can fly!!! I'm having a blast playing my dragon character. He's ready for RoP but I'm holding off for a bit so I can get enough levels to actually be able to help with the RoP quest instead of being a bystander while others do it for me, but hopefully within the next couple weeks I will take to the sky like many dragons before me. It's amazing!

The crafting/construction system and the dragon class are what are keeping me playing Horizons right now. I've always said if any game comes out that combines the crafting system of Horizons with the content of WoW, I'll never see the light of day again. With all the dragon quests I'm working on now, I'm not seeing much daylight

It's an 8 letter word for me.

Plus I'm here to drive Kwinn up the walls with my needs.

Default why I am still here?

For the social experience. I log in , each and every day, with always something to do, perhaps a little too much to do, but it keeps me busy, and thats what it is all about for me.

Long live Horizons ! hehe

Default Improved Maintance!

EI is on a faster learning curve then the last two companys

Simply saying that they learned how to do the maintance right faster then the last two companys.

So I am hoping with EI's good rep with online games and there faster learning that one they keep us and two they fix us

Yes I mean fix us you know that day we all been dreaming about from release
    Nothing But Love! That's what makes Dragons Fly!

I'm still playing, cause I love that cat...
    I accidently created a very lovely character and keep changing myself to get closer and closer to that character... couldn't live without it anymore.. hehe
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Well Fun is part of it, but if I didnt have my friends and guildies I dont think I would be having much fun. Leveling is just boring and a grind, the only thing that makes it fun is being with the folks I like and chatting while grinding. I still love the solitude of hunting the satyr's but that is not what keeps me here.

I guess maybe to see what the next chapter has in store for us........

Default Fun! Fun! Fun!

I still play because it's fun! I have a list a mile long of things to do and places to visit and foe to vanquish. And I really enjoy visiting with the people that I have come to know over the last three years and consider friends. Even though some people are quite vocal about each and every wart and wrinkle in Horizons, none of the game's blemishes stop me from having a good time. The world is large enough and the activities varied enough that if I don't care for a particular feature, I just travel to another part of Istaria or do something else.

I am not Uber-Ped like Jayne... so I guess I have something to strive for.

I still have a lair that's only 1/4th built up with many rooms to make

I have a "next gen" alt that started out using Skulkar training isle and experienced the "New Trismus" quest system for Dragons.

I still am in a guild that has many active players needing help / guidance.

So I stick around until one or all of those no longer exist...
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Still having fun and have lots of good friends here. That's why I am still here.
    Imayo, Preceptor of Obsidian Order on Order
    Shadowalker
    http://kalex.org

LOL Justa. Uber ped, ROFL

Actually I am not even close to being uber ped. I have tons of adv classes I can do, I just feel leveling/grind after hitting a certain rating is extremely boring. Heck I would rather craft and you know how I feel about that

Quote Originally Posted by Kerech
    I have been a nut for dragons my whole life. When I first heard that Horizons would let you play a dragon I knew it was the game for me.
    [...]

Now, though, the RoP and ARoP have been put in... Dragons have tons of quests (sure most of them are 'kill xxx creatures' but still...) and you can build lairs... and most importantly, they can fly!!! I'm having a blast playing my dragon character. He's ready for RoP but I'm holding off for a bit so I can get enough levels to actually be able to help with the RoP quest instead of being a bystander while others do it for me, but hopefully within the next couple weeks I will take to the sky like many dragons before me. It's amazing!
    Like you Kerech, I've always been fond of dragons, but I heard about Horizons lately. I joined in May 06. What makes me stay is first the 3-letter word, then beeing able to play a dragon (who can fly now ), and most people from Order, those who haven't left since the buyout, particularly a few of them. If these people stay, I'll stay.

Default Why?

two words....Grand Hall. After that...well not much. Maybe finish my lair.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

I don't have almost any time to play but I miss Horizons so much that even 10 minutes are golden.

Hell has to froze HARD before I don't like my dragon any more. It's so...so...so... freaking GOOD to be a noble huge powerful dragon.

I would like to enter the game and hug my dragon's neck and I am so proud of him.

I play to have fun and the great community on Order. I enjoy crafting and helping others and all the new friends that I have made.
    Qarana
    Fist of the North, Order

You're assuming that they are actually doing the same things during maintenance as the previous owners. No one exactly knows what each is/has done during maintenance, so that's a bit of an unfair statement as is. Maybe they are doing the same things (or more), but we have no idea.

As far as the good rep with online games, I'm not sure what you're basing that on either. Not putting them down or anything, but I have a lot of experience with their other online game and I wouldn't necessarily say they have a good rep there lol.

Still hoping things work towards their vision with this game. Not decided either way yet.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

While others tout the three letter word, I can't begin to cover my reasons why with it.

1. I'm not done building yet. I have more on my plot to be built, plus other places around Istaria.
    2. Tagath's not done building yet. He has a weyr to complete.
    3. World Projects need completed.
    4. Tagath and I have yet to fly together.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

The people I visit with every day and the goals I want to reach keep me here because that is what makes this game fun for me. I won't count Istaria and Horizons dead until they shut down the servers never to be revived, and even then I expect someone will figure out a way to keep it going

Sylvye
    Gawd I loved this place!!
    http://nitebird.com/sylvyesplace.html

Thread Information