Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are YOU still playing?

As long I have something to do in Istaria i will be here, and heck I WILL find something to do Through I have to build my lair and if I'm sick of it, i play a little around with my sslik

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

I'm pretty sure the last two companies knew how to do content patches. Those are a heck of a lot more important than maintenance. As soon as EI figures that one out things should start looking up, assuming they have the staff to develop art, sim, quests, etc.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

*edited* ei's rep has nothing to do with the topic, of maint*
    As for the maintenance, it doesn't really effect the game as far as I can tell. Besides, it doesn't matter if it's fast. What matters is if they're actually adding anything to the game or not.
    Last edited by Peaches; November 9th, 2006 at 07:51 AM.

100/100/90
    Ancient dragoness of Order - Retired

Despite the fact that I said I left in a different thread, that isn't really true.. I thought it was. But, I play Horizons every once in awhile, like when I'm bored. And being a dragon never gets boring.

100/100/90

I have plenty of reasons to still be here personally, there's so much to do after all

I want Katarae to reach ancient status and become 100/100/100.

I want Isharae to at least hit her first 100.

Then there are other hatchlings to see grow.

There's the two grand halls that our guild needs to finish building. There's my own lair that I need to finish building, my mates lair needs to be built up.

And more important than any of that I have good friends here and don't want to leave them. Although they are not the only part of my social life they are quite important to me just like my other friends are and thus I would feel great loss in loosing them. Thats why I am still there.

Isharae of The Ancients - Pet Saris Druid to Dracanaa
    Katarae - Lost dragoness of Order

Well, I'm not still here because I got bored waiting for furniture, although I log in every now and then because I'm paid through god knows when. I just hope you loyal folks get the updates you deserve someday.

Peace, brother!
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks
    Specializing in a little bit of everything

ooohhh... it matters if it's fast or not...

Since GN announced that they are closing down unity, maintaince get's longer and longer... they don't care anymore.. now it happened that maintaince wasn't over in the afternoon and we could login at arround 5 o'clock.. maybe it will get even longer today...

But you are right, content is more important... but the original point was that they learned quite fast to do a quick maintaince and maybe they will be able to learn other things fast, too...
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

irrelevent point. Maintenace at this time is a simple database cleanup. Without it Horizons will fall to its knee's. Its a few clicks while the servers and the scripts for it do the work. Horizons is a game that can no longer afford the little things. Be impressed when a patch gets added to cleanup days. Setting the bar to low just sets one up for dissapoinment. Best remember that.

Maintenance goes faster because there are less people logging in weekly to screw up the database in the first place... Less data changes means less to clean up. Simple as that.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

honestly, some of you need to let go of the bitterness. You'll live longer.
    L100 Hatchling of the Realm of Order

Hmm well, honestly said i only keep playing as i don't have to pay for it atm.
    I cancelled my account 3 months ago as i didn't want to pay for a non-existant service (from GN) and non-existant evaluation of HZ.

But the reasons that keep me logging in nearly every day are:

- To chat with my guildies and buddies while hunting in the ED
    - To help 2 of them, as they just returned from a long absence and need a lot of hints/forms/techs/...
    - To help killing the bossmobs Valkor/SoG/Reklar. Hunting those is a habit i will hardly ever drop.
    - To stay in touch with the game and the community

I'll surely re-sub, once EII runs our new shard (hopefully named UNITY again!) and gets HZ going.

Please remove all rose-colored glasses before driving a motor vehicle or operating heavy equipment...

Seriously, it's not bitterness. More like sadness, depression, grief, or dispair. Maybe frustration or hopelessness.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Default intersting

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    Please remove all rose-colored glasses before driving a motor vehicle or operating heavy equipment...

Seriously, it's not bitterness. More like sadness, depression, grief, or dispair. Maybe frustration or hopelessness.

Its odd, in an ironic sort of way. Those of us, that you claim, to have rose colored glasses on, dont have them on. What we see, is what we get, and we are quite content with being able to log in and play, and have fun. And you know what? There is nothing wrong with being happy, and content.

However, I am saddened that people are sad, depressed , experiencing grief and dispair, frustration , and hopelessness. I sure wish I could help, but all I can do is understand.

Hey, do you still log into the game? Can you at least try to play and have fun, spend time with your friends? That alone, can help all those bad feelings. Other than that, I do not know what to say, but I wish you the best LO, and hope things start to look brighter for you and others.

"What we see, is what we get, and we are quite content with being able to log in and play, and have fun. And you know what? There is nothing wrong with being happy, and content."

How can you possibly be content with a game that is seemingly going nowhere? Unless, of course, you have on said 'rose-colored glasses'. Not to insult anyone who still has fun on Horizons, of course, but I mean on its future in general.

"Hey, do you still log into the game? Can you at least try to play and have fun, spend time with your friends? That alone, can help all those bad feelings."

Try to play and have fun? I'm sorry, but being happy can't be forced. People quit for a reason.

I'd say more, but it would get edited anyway.
    Last edited by Dremora; November 9th, 2006 at 06:59 PM.

100/100/90

Quote Originally Posted by Dremora
    "What we see, is what we get, and we are quite content with being able to log in and play, and have fun. And you know what? There is nothing wrong with being happy, and content."

How can you possibly be content with a game that is seemingly going nowhere? Unless, of course, you have on said 'rose-colored glasses'.
    Do you like meatloaf [or insert despised food of choice here]? How can you possibly like meatloaf? Unless, of course, you have on rose-flavored tastebuds.

Did you like Titanic [or insert despised movie of choice here]? How can you possibly have liked Titanic? Unless, of course, you had on rose-colored glasses?

Different folks have different opinions about just about everything, including fun. Assuming that their view of personal fun doesn't injure you in any form or fashion--and in this case it doesn't--they're just as entitled to their opinions (and just as "right") as you are to yours.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

That is completely beside the point, Tantalyr.

I was not bashing anyone's opinions. Why is it that all my questions are interpreted that way?

Meatloaf is different from Horizons (for obvious reasons). Same for a movie.

Let me ask this again. How can you be content with Horizons, knowing that it seemingly is going nowhere?

Now that the thread is derailed..

100/100/90

Quote Originally Posted by Dremora
    Let me ask this again. How can you be content with Horizons, knowing that it seemingly is going nowhere?
    Simple. As stated in another thread, it is still fun to me, as well as other folks who play it. It obviously isn't fun for you, and that's just fine by me.

And golly, I learned a long time ago not to worry whether a game will still be fun for me months into the future. I'm quite content that it's fun today.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

I can undertsnd both sides and neither is wrong or right. Its all up to the individual.

I am here because I have spent a longtime here and really hate to up and leave and start all over in some other MMO I know nothing about.

I still enjoy the game, mainly because there are some good friends I have that are keeping me motivated.

Am I scared about the future? Sure I am. I would hate to try and log one day and find out everything is shut down and all is lost.

The other thing is I have yet to hear anyone really say there is a better MMO. I mean all the friends I had that stayed and left were here becaused they liked HZ. What else is out there? IF there is something better out there why werent we there before the HZ buyout?

Yes its a confusing delema, I chose to stay and hope that something changes for the better, others chose to leave till something changes for the better. If you look at it were really all in the same boat sorta.

Jayne

Oh, don't get me wrong, I love Horizons. It's just the state of the game that I don't like. This in turn makes me wonder if building onto that lair will even be worth it in the future, if the servers were to be shut down forever.

But then again, that's bound to happen in any game.

100/100/90

I understand where your coming from Dremora, I really do. And I can sympathize. I too hate to think about that happening. But like you say that can happen in any MMO.

Its a very emotional thing. I chose not to bag on the ones who decided to leave, nor over exagerate into fanboism. I will stay neutral and hope that things work out. If they don't then I guess I will see you in one of these new MMO's or one of the old ones that people have returned to. If things do turn out, then I hope to see you and all my other friends come back. That about sums it up.

Thread Information