Thread: New Soundblaster Drivers

Default New Soundblaster Drivers

Well, SoundBlaster released their new drivers and I've tried them out and still no help getting logged in. I hope they help others but it seems that my system has seen the end of the road for Horizons. I noticed the Farewell forums no longer exist, so I will just post a quick good bye to Istaria in this post. Though my accounts will still be open through December 7th as you still can't cancel on the website.

Try running HZ on lower CPU priority. For me that helps with the Sounddriver Issue...
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

I wound up making a hardware profile with the card disabled, you just have to choose it when starting up the computer. The down side is there's no sound, but I usually play with the sound off anyway.

This may sound a little strange, and maybe it only works for my pc, but.... I had this same issue, and after trying multiple things and working with a TG dev, nothing worked. Except one thing. Anytime I had Microsoft Instant Messager open, I could log into HZ. Anytime it was closed, I could not. Try it, maybe it will work for you too.
    Avarr Hammerwrath
    Dwarven Guardian of Order
    Member of HoM
    Guardian
    Tailor/Armorer
    Carpenter/Fitter/Mason

Thanks for the suggestions, but I've had it. The open support incident is 10 months old and has obviously caused problems with multiple people and has never been addressed except to say we told Creative Labs and it is their issue. Obviously Creative Labs doesn't think much of EI these days as recently released drivers didn't fix the issues.

Also, EI has been in control of this game for a while now, and you still can't cancel from the website. This is ridiculous as far as I'm concerned. You can sign up, change subscription types, add credit cards, add additional accounts, but you can't cancel your subscription from the website?

I love this game and I love the community it created. I am just sad to see this be the end result of all the hardwork done on the game from the beginning. I was a beta tester and supporter for years, but the time has come for me to move on.

Thread Information