Thread: Are Blue's mods still available?

Default Are Blue's mods still available?

I keep getting a HTTP 404 trying to access them from the download link. Specifically, I wanted a copy of Val's dragon hot key icons.
    Flsssssh Rsssssst
    The appointed "Rhyming Rhapsodizer" of Blight
    Former Guild Leader of Blight's Conclave of Shadows

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

That link to Blue's Mods doesn't work...

flyingreptile.com link is dead
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

my site went down a few days ago and i'm still trying to fix it. I need it back asap mostly for myself because i have allot of my homework in private folders on my site

and in case any one is wondering EI has still not fix my character's name

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia
    and in case any one is wondering EI has still not fix my character's name
    I was wondering. That it is taking this long is.....disapointing.... I even nagged at one of them on your behalf and got a standard "someone will look into it" response. Glad to see that you at least have hope enough to check the boards from time to time and have not completely disapeared.

I think we are going onto six months now that my character has been in name violation do to EI blunder with tampering with my name.

If any one is on chaos could they check for me to make sure I am still owner of the plot in the snowfall community it is under Junior for owner and I have a lair north of the helian dragon city in the mountains very top were the brighter spiders spawn. owner is me but not sure what the name will be since EI has screwed my dragon name up

The plot in snowfall is still owned by junior, the lair north of Chiconis, if I have the right one (plotID 8266709, position 24776 22320, bunch of stuff planned, none of it built, first chamber is a t4 library), it is owned by "Testnamechange".

[edit: Is that pronounced T'est-na-meh-KAN-gee?]

Testnamechange is a real cool name... isn't it?
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

I think we are going onto six months now
    do to EI blunder
    As the sale did not happen until late July, you can at best be 4 months into an EI blunder. If your name thing has been 6 months, it was previous ownership that caused it.

Yes, months of wait are extremely frustrating; wish I could help. As I understand it, they're working on getting the entire Unity server stuff sorted out, still untangling complaints about billing, and trying to document all the code. I expect they will tackle issues like yours after they get some of this other figured out.

I don't know about you nor about EI, but it takes me a while to learn complicated systems. As a fellow player, all I can ask is that you continue (like all of us) to have patience.

thanks steelclaw for checking that out for me

and awdz you real read to hard on what people write, i said "I think" so i wasn't to sure on the date. thank you so much on correcting me.

and changing the name is not that difficult, tulga was able to fix my name last time when the severs did a merge in a few mins were ei has taken this long.

How can you judge how dificult it is to change a name?

on unity you have a strange mixture of the old and new name until the shard reboots... that makes me think that there is quite more to a name change, than one may guess..

On the other hand, expirienced people, like Amadan or so, should know the trick.. maybe it would help to send him a PM?

Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso
    How can you judge how dificult it is to change a name?

on unity you have a strange mixture of the old and new name until the shard reboots... that makes me think that there is quite more to a name change, than one may guess..

On the other hand, expirienced people, like Amadan or so, should know the trick.. maybe it would help to send him a PM?
    Quite more to a name change? When Tulga was in charge I had a character's name changed in a matter of minutes. I hate to say it but if I were to send in the same request now, it might take 9 months even to get a response... and that's being generous.

You know, TG developed the thing... they knew it, because they produced it.

EI didn't knew anything of the internals of hz six months ago.

If you would be forced to work with a completely unknown system and you have to be careful to not damage anything, because the shards need to stay up and so on... It's about finding the right switch, but trying is no option and without documentation you have a severe problem here..

Huh. Maybe they should have kept a few people that had a clue as to which switch to throw....

I hope Blue can get his site back in working order so his mods are available again (and his name can be fixed) soonest.

In the meantime, this thread has gone as far off track as it needs to. Please stay on topic so we don't have to lock it.
    Eileen Mavourneen, Fury of Feladan, Remembers Ilvoldi Evanar

Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso
    You know, TG developed the thing... they knew it, because they produced it.

EI didn't knew anything of the internals of hz six months ago.

If you would be forced to work with a completely unknown system and you have to be careful to not damage anything, because the shards need to stay up and so on... It's about finding the right switch, but trying is no option and without documentation you have a severe problem here..
    And herein lies the problem. EI were given the opportunity to be educated in the realm of Horizons development. EI shunned the opportunity, and as everyone knows these days the majority of Tulga developers have since moved onto new jobs because EI made it clear to Tulga that they did not need help.

If EI do not know how to do the simplest of things like a name change (and yes a name change is very simple to carry out, the issue you refer to with name change not taking full effect until a shard restart is due to caching of biote data) then why should we as paying customers retain confidence in EI's abilities ?

I am still willing to give benefit of doubt but with all the secrecy, behind-the-back conversations and the lack of any stated plans for further enhancement of our gaming experience (I mean all enhancements, not just those that require programming capabilities - give thought to support and events for examples) I find it hard to retain the glimmer of hope that Horizons will one day attain its potential.

Blue Hasia I am humbled that you still check back here from time to time. If I were you my patience would have waned a couple of months ago. I really really hope that if we keep mentioning it, EI may realise that they will possibly lose a very good customer and advocate of the game because they haven't taken the time to learn how to use the tools at their disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire
    Huh. Maybe they should have kept a few people that had a clue as to which switch to throw....

They bought HZ not TG.

There was no people to keep anyway, DB was ordered to fire the TG staff before the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Mairynn Nalnair
    They bought HZ not TG.

There was no people to keep anyway, DB was ordered to fire the TG staff before the sale.
    Got a credible source for that ? From what I've seen written by ex-Horizons developers it seems EI were given ample opportunity to request Tulga's services before the staff were laid off. I am willing to eat humble pie if you've got a developer source that indicates otherwise. For one thing I like to refactor my information so that I'm presenting an accurate account to others; any help you can offer in clarifying this conflict of information would be greatly appreciated.

Thread Information