Thread: Why no phone number ?

Default Why no phone number ?

UO has it
    EQ has it
    DAoC has it
    Turbine hast it

Why no suztomer support phone number ? Each of those games have MANY more players than Hz does yet they have a support phone number.

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

Each of those games have MANY more players than Hz does yet they have a support phone number.
    Oh is that why they have more players? man all this time I thought it's the other gazillion issues...

it's the other gazillion issues
    Is that a bash of EII ? tisk tisk phillie

[quote=IndyMan]Each of those games have MANY more players than Hz does [quote]

Exactly .. that's why they can afford having people answering the phone
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

LOL Nal ... now that is an answer I can understand.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyMan
    UO has it
    EQ has it
    DAoC has it
    Turbine hast it

Why no suztomer support phone number ? Each of those games have MANY more players than Hz does yet they have a support phone number.
    It's BECAUSE they have so many subscriptions. Support lines cost money...lots of it. Horizons has to be running in the red or real close to it. I'm sure they have to budget and plan months in advance for an office Pizza Day.

Vanguard Faction
    "We suck less than the rest !"
    "Beauty fades...Dumb is forever"
    "Don't pee on my leg and then tell me it's raining"
    www.lhguild.com

Quote Originally Posted by Thamoris
    I'm sure they have to budget and plan months in advance for an office Pizza Day.
    LOL .. they in trouble for Xmass party then.
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyMan
    UO has it
    EQ has it
    DAoC has it
    Turbine hast it

All these companies have tons more employess that EI currently has, so they can do this.

I'm honestly growing very tired of understaffed, unstable developers on this project. Can't someone just pick up this thing and move forward without stumbling?

Red face The short answer.

Quote Originally Posted by CallakDW
    I'm honestly growing very tired of understaffed, unstable developers on this project. Can't someone just pick up this thing and move forward without stumbling?
    No.

Most of my guildies left, and finally I got tired of waiting too. Took me over two months to get my account cancelled.

Been back playing Asheron's Call and having a blast. I left there in March of 2004 to start Horizons. What's amazing is that my old accounts were still intact. They're still doing monthly updates. The game is better than before. They have customer service. Fast customer service. And tons of Dungeons. lol

*shakes head*

I hope EII is successful. I wish them and all the incredibly patient players well. Good luck.

Weston
    100 Reaver, Druid, Spiritist, Mage, 96 Healer, 98 Shaman, 67 Ranger, 40 Conjurer, 30 Monk, and 20 Scout & Cleric. Grandmaster Crafter, Chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by CallakDW
    You know, the first chars got 1000 days old in summer, so the game will reach it's 4th aniversary soon.
    So in terms of IT & PC Gaming World this game already in an oldtimer and it' still in some beta-phase-state... That's just impossible...

I still hope the best for EI, because this definitively is the last change HZ will ever have... none of the big companies would buy HZ, simply because it's real old, which means not attracting the mass of the new players and it's in a real bad shape which means lot's of money to invest...

So would you buy something where you got to invest much money but won't get it out of there? Or if you will, it will take years?
    That's the problem with HZ... it's just way to late for it.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

You know, the first chars got 1000 days old in summer, so the game will reach it's 4th aniversary soon.
    It really has to reach its 3rd anniversary first.

Default Nope

Its never ever too late, for anything. In fact, its better to have something late, than never.
    Last edited by Peaches; November 26th, 2006 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso

So would you buy something where you got to invest much money but won't get it out of there? Or if you will, it will take years?
    That's the problem with HZ... it's just way to late for it.

MMO's are unique in the gaming industry that they have only a small window to capture and maximize growth potential. That window is the first 3 to 6 months after release of the game. Every single MMO out now success is defined by its first 3 to 6 months. You will be hard pressed to find this trend changed anywhere. With horizons it had a terrible launch and a horrible first 6 months. It has never recovered and will never recapture the 34K accounts they had at release.

So even if EII threw millions at the game now they would in fact have a new game and a new development project which takes time and plenty of it. We would have Horizons II and horizons 1 would fade away.

So yes for horizons it is to late. To late for what ? To capture their original release numbers. Best you can hope for that EII could hope for is a small profit. But soon as you ask them to provide more development of the current title that profit goes away. Then horizons is in the red again and the game can't really afford to be running like that any longer. EII's best bet and they know this is to learn the tools they have available from Tulga and do what they can while still running the game in the black.

Thats why they don't have a support number. Thats why there hasen't been much tangible progress that the playerbase can see.

Takes time and time is something No mmo has if they got off to a rocky start. So in the end enjoy the game for what it is now.

I generally agree, but then look (hard) at EVE. Not to compare the game; but rather the devs' approach to growing the game postlaunch. Rocky start, slow growth, steady growth, vigorous growth. They did it by doing just about everything differently from AE/Tulga. Excellent dev communications, steady improvement of the game, positive changes to game play, etc. When they needed advice on handling the increased server load, they ASKED EXPERTS, and promptly acted on the advice. They release subscriber figures monthly, and routinely announce new concurrent player records on the (single) server. (>30k btw.)

Changes are usually announced to, and discussed fairly thoroughly with, the players before final design. They thoroughly test before release to live, both internally and on the player test server. Then they warn the players that bugs might occur on release. On most issues, the standard is "no surprises".

Since there is a PvP component, balancing issues arise; surprisingly few, and the corrections are part of the discussion, with thorough explanations as to why the changes were made. As a result, the forums have a minimum of whining; certainly some, but impressively little.

The economy is huge. The effort spent monitoring, measuring, and evaluating its components is very large indeed, and the economy is very healthy as a result. Someone is very knowledgeable on a very complex and arcane subject.

I post this, not because Hz players should go play EVE (it probably would not appeal anyway) but to suggest it as a guide to successful postlaunch development and community relations.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Eve actually never had a dip in its playerbase. Its grown steadily and didnt have a mass exodus leave due to issues with the game.

Thread Information