Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PME buy out

Default PME buy out

So is Pixel Magic Entertainment at all related to Pixel Magic Imaging Inc.? There is not a lot of info about PME that I can find including what other games they are involved in.

Can anyone shed some light (not cynical or conspiratorial light mind you) on who they are?

*edit* And what is this "New Game World"? The only info on that is a one page website that goes nowhere and does nothing.

Just the facts please?
    Last edited by Vandalin; November 28th, 2006 at 10:12 PM.

Seeing google is unable to come up with any info regarding PME, chances are it is a company created very recently - my bet is during the past few months. As such, I feel it safe to assume their properties are those just acquired from EII - Horizons and Savage Eden.

Further, Ed Andercheck is listed as one of PME's directors, so this seems like something we've seen before when Artifact became Tulga. That is, a change of company name. There's two names on the list of directors I don't think have had previous affiliation with EII, so they are most likely those new investors mentioned.

edit: Ah, partners not investors (that word was not mentioned in the press release).

edit2: Their domain name, at least, is quite fresh:
    Creation date: 09 Nov 2006 11:32:44
    Expiration date: 09 Nov 2007 11:32:44

edit3: Through an online associate comes this link:
    PME corporate details in Nevada
    Filed 14th of this month. Also:
    Why to incorporate in Nevada?
    Last edited by Varangaard; November 28th, 2006 at 10:29 PM.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

OK..............................................No w what?????

Few facts to be had, but it looks like Andercheck found some investors with a good amount of cash to back the company. perhaps that was what Nagafen has been busy with.

But I am speculating, I hope that there will be a more detailed announcement from their new company soon.
    Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne
    OK..............................................No w what?????
    Now we see if anything actually changes.

If this does mean a real development team, a working account management and billing system, and a full and meaningful committment to growing the game, I will be among the first to applaud it.

If not, well, to borrow from Amon's old sig, 'alea iacta est'.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Yet another company going to try to make this ship sail.

Get ready for the "give them time" crew. RESULTS not time is what everyone wants. Well everyone cept a certain person

The following press release announced Pixel Magic Entertainment’s acquisition of EI today. Pixel brings new partners and resources to EI and Horizons, including expertise in communications, marketing and software development. There will be new additions to the Horizons team and greater support in the coming weeks and months, both for player support and for game development. This partnership is a great step towards an even brighter future for Istaria and its citizens.

Pixel Magic Entertainment Acquires EI Interactive

11/28/06- Carson City, NV- Pixel Magic Entertainment Corporation announced today their acquisition of Enhanced Interactive Communications Corporation. Enhanced Interactive Communications Corporation is the parent company of online game publisher EI Interactive.

E I Interactive publishes online interactive content products. This includes casual games through an online game portal, gaming review and information sites, and massively multi-player online games (MMOs). EI owns and operates www.mygamehaven.com a portal access site for MMOs, which is one of the fastest growing markets in the interactive entertainment industry.

Pixel Magic Entertainment Corporation through its affiliate companies builds and evolves online products for niche communities. Their efforts endeavor to incubate technology that better supports community construction in the online world. Their culture is built around a team-based commitment to discovery and innovation in technology driven online communities. Interactive entertainment is amongst the fastest growing consumer markets today; the online component of interactive entertainment is its fastest expanding subset.

For more information www.pixelmagicentertainment.com

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

That doesn't seem like the sort of board that would be assembled in order to benignly neglect a cash cow.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

New Company .... not again

Domain Name : pixelmagicentertainment.com

=-=-=-=
    Visit AboutUs.org for more information about pixelmagicentertainment.com
    AboutUs: pixelmagicentertainment.com

Registration Service Provided By: OriWeb.com
    Visit: http://www.oriweb.com/renew.php

Domain name: pixelmagicentertainment.com

Registrant Contact:
    Pixel Magic Entertainment Corporation
    Domain Administrator ()
    +1.0000000000
    Fax: +1.0000000000
    2533 North Parson St.
    Carson City, NV 89706
    US

Administrative Contact:
    Pixel Magic Entertainment Corporation
    Domain Administrator ()
    +1.0000000000
    Fax: +1.0000000000
    2533 North Parson St.
    Carson City, NV 89706
    US

Technical Contact:
    Pixel Magic Entertainment
    Domain Admininstrator ()
    +1.0000000000
    Fax: .0000000000
    2533 North Parson St.
    Carson City, NV 89706
    US

Name Servers:
    ns1.s1d.us
    ns2.w4host.net

Creation date: 09 Nov 2006 11:32:44
    Expiration date: 09 Nov 2007 11:32:44
    =-=-=-=

Quote Originally Posted by Varangaard
    Seeing google is unable to come up with any info regarding PME, chances are it is a company created very recently - my bet is during the past few months. As such, I feel it safe to assume their properties are those just acquired from EII - Horizons and Savage Eden.
    Well I just visited http://www.pixelmagicentertainment.com and I'm left with a sour taste of "deja vu". The first thing that sprang to mind was here a web site from a second line web programmer done in it's basement an evening he was bored or under time constrain.

Well Leviatan if Nagafen was involved or if that was his big announcement, I feel left down.

And yes I'm affraid we will see more .... "give them time to get organize"
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

About the Company

Pixel Magic Entertainment Corporation builds and evolves online products for niche communities. Our sites endeavor to incubate technology that better supports community construction in the online world. Our culture is built around a team-based commitment to discovery and innovation in technology driven online communities. Interactive entertainment is amongst the fastest growing consumer markets today; the online component of interactive entertainment is its fastest expanding subset.

Pixel Magic Entertainment employs the basic notion of developing communities through traditional marketing communications while emphasizing innovation and education. Innovative approaches to providing information sharing amongst consumers seeking online entertainment information is one of the marketing channels we’re pursuing to bring new customers to the variety of properties we publish.

Pixel Magic Entertainment’s strategy is not only to launch brand new content, but also to acquire developed content and augment it’s prior success through effective management and strategic future development. Pixel Magic is carefully maintaining the balance between creative development of games and maintaining a structured business model, in order to achieve both a high quality product and profitability. Creative marketing, though our web portal and gaming sites, and the use of experienced gamers, as community managers and player liaisons, serve to further support the success of Pixel Magic Entertainment properties.

The Directors
    DR. ALLEN BAIN, Managing Director
    As a co-founder, officer, or director of several companies spanning nearly two decades, Dr Bain has participated in leadership roles in both the business and the science of drug discovery. Dr Bain is a pharmacologist focused on new drug development including, treatments for disorders of the brain, heart and other electrically active tissue. Most notably, Dr. Bain co-founded Cardiome Pharma (NASDAQ: CRME), whose flagship ion channel modulating drug to treat cardiac arrhythmias is in Phase 3 clinical trials in the U.S., supported by a large pharmaceutical company.

Dr. Bain has been CEO of Immune Network Ltd. since 1999. He was also the Chairman and CEO of BC Research Inc., a 100-employee contract research and science incubator that Immune Network acquired and later divested. Dr. Bain was a co-founder and President of the cardiac ion channel drug discovery company Nortran Pharmaceuticals Inc. (now Cardiome Pharma, trading as COM on the Toronto Stock Exchange). He has started and served as a director on the boards of various drug discovery and related companies, including Magic Bullets Enterprises (an investment company), and Pneumo Labs Inc. (a contract service company). Dr. Bain has been an honorary lecturer at the Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics at the University of British Columbia, where he received his doctorate in pharmacology in 1994 for his work in neuroscience.

EDWARD C. ANDERCHECK, Director
    As an investment banking professional for over 25 years, Mr. Andercheck has been responsible for the supervision and management of corporate finance, institutional sales and retail sales at various times in his career. His business background within the securities industry has included successful transactions ranging from restructuring New York financial institutions with Prudential Bache Securities to financing young technology startups at his own firm.

Within his career in Corporate Finance, projects of focus have included clients in the financial services industry and technology driven industries including software, advanced materials, biotech/pharma, and RF industries. Mr. Andercheck brings a strong working knowledge of marketing, the software development process and computer systems technology.

As an advisor and board director, Mr. Andercheck brings a keen understanding of the capital markets as well as direct line management experience. He has consulted in sales development and strategic planning. He currently serves on several Boards of Directors in the Interactive Entertainment Industry. Mr. Andercheck served as a Senior Advisor to the New York City mergers and acquisition firm, Goldmark Advisors, Inc. and California venture firm Mercantile Inte Financial Group.

Mr. Andercheck graduated from The George Washington University in 1974 with a BBA in International Finance. He has served at the U.S. Treasury Department office of Revenue Sharing as a research associate.

TERRY E. BIBBENS, Director

After retiring from a very successful 34-year career as a CEO of defense intelligence and electronics companies and as a member of the venture capital industry in Silicon Valley, Mr. Bibbens was invited to serve as the Entrepreneur in Residence in the Office of Advocacy, U.S. Small Business Administration. He served a record six and one-half years in this role in both the Clinton and Bush Administrations. In this position he provided senior-level national policy guidance on issues affecting high-technology industries and growth companies.
    He was assigned the lead role in the Clinton Administration for ensuring the SBIR program was renewed. In this capacity he worked closely with all of the national SBIR program managers at all agencies and established the annual Tibbetts Award program to recognize the best SBIR companies and support agencies in all 50 states, and the best federal agency program mangers. This resulted in landmark legislation in December 2000 that included new intellectual property and production commercialization protections for SBIR technologies developed by small entrepreneurial companies. Mr. Bibbens' national prominence on these programs provides Homeland Venture Partners, L.P. immediate access to all of the SBIR and STTR programs. His work in the Office of Advocacy included streamlining the national securities laws to simplify the sale of securities by small businesses that resulted in the ground-breaking SEC no-action letter for the Internet site for ACE-Net (Angel Capital Electronic Network). He received a number of awards during his public service.

Mr. Bibbens spent 34 years in the defense electronic warfare business, including 10 years as a CEO of his own firm, Antekna, which returned over 15-30:1 to initial investors (45-60:1 to founders). This entrepreneurial experience included three rounds of financing (one angel round and two VC rounds) and a tax-free acquisition by a Fortune-500 firm. He then served 10 years as division president for two divisions of Loral Corporation--a Fortune- 500 defense electronics company at that time (1982 to 1992). His division leadership included guiding the fastest growing and most profitable Loral division ($8 to $30 million in three years with 25 percent pre-tax profit); and then a major turn-around in 1985 on the largest Loral acquisition of that time, the $100 million ROLM Mil-Spec Computers. He also served as Director C3I at the Loral Corporate headquarters during the acquisition of Goodyear Aerospace in 1987 which doubled the size of Loral from $750 million to $1.5 billion. Mr. Bibbens currently sits on the boards of emerging technology companies developing leading-edge businesses in the areas of Cybersecurity, GIS, and Intelligence. He is also Board Chairman of ACE-Net. He is a board member of the Small Business Technology Coalition (SBTC), the primary trade organization supporting the SBIR program.

Ok the PME website gave me Deja Vu with EI's own site. Both look similar in their rudimentary style. Andercheck is such a money wiz and Nevada has been pushing on public radio "reasons to incorporate"

Anybody just a tad curious as to why Nagafens last board post was near the time that PME was registered? My own previous company had BBB complaints and the husband sold it to his wife and she re-named the company and he came on board as a director.

I dunno - something just seems weird to me.

I also noticed that both site are made from Front Page 4.0......I know a million people use it. But like I said something just seems off

Part of the website deja vu might be that PME site, too, has been created with Frontpage 4.0.

Their list of directors reads to me more like something you'd see on board of a venture capital outfit, not a game company. I hope that none of them will have any say in actual workings of the company - one of the things people should have learned from Artifact Entertainment is that you do not, I repeat do not let venture capitalists have any say in your product.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

I would believe there was new money coming in if PME's webpage had been top notch.

After all anyone with big money backing could easily pay a grand or two for a professional looking webpage with all the bells and whistles.

But thats not being fair I suppose. So we are now back to wait and see. The waiting game with HZ continues .... and continues ?

a cat has 9 lives.

Hz has ??? lives. Just hope HZ is not a cat cause we are getting near the number 9 .. .

"..Creative marketing, though our web portal and gaming sites, and the use of experienced gamers, as community managers and player liaisons, serve to further support the success of Pixel Magic Entertainment properties..."

Yes if a company does creative marketing through web portal and gaming sites, it would seem that one of there greatest strength would be those sites themselves. Shouldn't they have a rich look and feel, and be polished and professional. I mean if that's primarily what you are in the business to do right at this very moment, then I might make the suggestion to PME that they have a little more creativity on their own site.

C'mon, isn't this a way for EI to bury it's previous bad ratings and reviews (BBB complaints and bad reviews of how it handled things as reported at MMORPG

Isn't this a way to for a company to start "fresh" with HUGE deep pocket tax breaks in Nevada? Something that a money wiz like Andercheck really knows about!

Isn't it odd that Andercheck is a magically a director of a new company? -

we'll see what the future holds.

I wonder???

How many times can you "pass the baton, claim 'it will take time to learn the game system and the programming' and wait another 6 months for the next "PTB" (pass the buck) acronym company to buy HZ and make everyone wait another 6 months?"

This is... this is ... this is... this is... Wzzzzzzzip sounding like a skip in broken or scratched record from the LP days before little rays of light read CDs.

Oh well, my favorite line: Time will tell, and it keeps telling and telling and telling.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

New Game World has a site at
    http://www.newgameworld.com
    There is nothing interesting there. The domain was created Feb 19, 2006 and was last updated Oct 28, 2006. The index page was last modified on Nov 17, 2006. I didn't find a cache of the old page.

The sites for PME and NGW (what's up with the TLAs?) are hosted on the same machine and same company that was (and still is) hosting the sites for EI.

I hope I'm wrong, but this looks like the same people, different company name.

Fridlekh

This does smell a lot like the transaction between AE and TG, but if it leads to any more investment capital then it might mean a real desire to get things fixed rather than simply keep things running and having GMs spawn mobs once in a while.

Whether that optimistic view is accurate is yet to be seen, but in the immediate term I see it more as a plus than a minus until more info is available.

Given that the board of directors are... interesting to say the least, I'm a tad bit suspicious. But as long as they keep their hands off the creative people here in HZ, I'm not gonna complain.

Just... I'd feel a little better if we knew the whole story, period. It's like a fish in the freezer--is it still good after it's been in there for a year?

Quote Originally Posted by Fridlekh
    This does smell a lot like the transaction between AE and TG, but if it leads to any more investment capital then it might mean a real desire to get things fixed rather than simply keep things running and having GMs spawn mobs once in a while.

Whether that optimistic view is accurate is yet to be seen, but in the immediate term I see it more as a plus than a minus until more info is available.

Yes, that would be about my sentiment too. The only reason I can see to have new board members and name change is new money, and new money is good.
    "Close your mind to stress and pain, fight till you're no longer sane. Let not one **** cur pass by, How many of them can we make die!!"
    "March of Cambreadth" by Heather Alexander
    Drakarr Lunus dragon, Chaos 100 ADV 100 DCRA 80 LSH

Thread Information