Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PME and the future of Horizons 1.0 (or would that be 3.0?)

Default PME and the future of Horizons 1.0 (or would that be 3.0?)

In hopes of inspiring some kind of official word....

Nagafen? Someone else? Anybody home? You've managed to shake up the community yet again so a bit of official word other than the press release would be MOST welcome, for all of us I think. Please, how about throwing us a little bit of info.

Dont know about hope
    at the rate damage control is locking threads betcha an ale this thread gets hit with a lock and key as well.

As long as people refrain from abusing it, it will do fine

My question is:
    How will this new changes affect the unity->unitas/y transfer? Will it delay it? Or is this really just a name change and the people working on the game are still the same?
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

From the Savage Eden forums:
    "The following press release announced Pixel Magic Entertainment’s acquisition of EI today. Pixel brings new partners and resources to EI, including expertise in communications, marketing and software development. There will be new additions to the E I game management teams. This partnership is a great step towards an even brighter future for Savage Eden and its community. If there are any questions regarding this announcement, please direct them to: [email protected]"

My main point here is the last sentence. If there are any questions regarding this announcement, please direct them to: [email protected]. Who knows why the same wasn't posted here on the Horizons announcement, but I don't know why we ALL shouldn't send him an email asking for information. Maybe if enough of us email asking about what's going on, we can get an official reply on these forums.

I guess we are the wicked stepchildren of EI I

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

Quote Originally Posted by Alpion
    Maybe if enough of us email asking about what's going on, we can get an official reply on these forums.
    Let me try to write a post without a troll or flamebait in it...

Honestly I don't think that will really help, but it might be worth a try I suppose. But as was posted elsewhere, this "NEW" company seems to be just the old company with a new wrapper. What was lacking with EIC owning EII and what still seems to be lacking with PME owning EII is that there is a severe lack of communication. Damage control is an important part of a time like this, and as I have not really seen any damage control yet, besides Peaches working her arse off trying to put out the flames of apparently me and others, is pretty much non-existant.

So here is my Plea... Someone Official please come and respond to some of these threads so that we can have a real official word on whats really going on. All our speculation only worsens the cause of EII and of PME as it is easier to venture thoughts towards negativity then positivity.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

What bothers me is that if this is just a change of name or a minor issue that really has no impact to the game and any plans currently in the works, why not just come out and post and let us know that. That would be a simple clarification and would put something to rest. By not stating that, then one must assume changes are coming.

Jayne

Default What bothers me is..

When I first came to this game it was about 1 or 2 mos before Eii bought it. I found a small comunity that was freindly and helpful. This thankfuly still exists in game. I came to the boards I found dev activity and typicaly quick responces to questions/conserns/issues players had. I also found information on Tulga's plans for the game: Things that were currently being worked on, Things to come next, and things that are on the backburner for whatever reason. And we were allowed to give our input on it all.

These things are what ultimately caused me to stay after my trial period. It was proof to me that the people in charge of the game actualy cared for the game and its players. Granted there were still problems, but there was a dialogue going between the devs and players that showed that these things were being worked on.

Then Eii bought hz, I was only here for about the first week of it as I had to cancle do to a 1200 mi move. In the weeks that followed there were many things that happened, that caused alot of complaints both withing the hz community and from the greater mmo comunity. Namely (at least to my understanding) the boards being so heavily moderated that you couldnt sneeze without a mod there to whipe your nose.

After that I came back and found largely silence for a while. This bothered me greatly. While this is fine, and indeed common for large games like WoW and EQ, its not fine for a small game like Hz. The main difference is, the large games have relativly few major problems. They focus more on class balancing and the occasional exploit that pops up. Horizons however has many major problems, im sure many would agree on that. The greater mmo comunity typicaly says that Horizons is the only game were you have to pay to play in their beta.

Finaly there was a little trickle of information, hints that there were plans, (lore masters for each server, the making of Unitas, ect.) This gave me hope. There was finaly some offical word on plans at least, and it was a good (if somewhat late) start.

The point is, we need a dialouge of some sort, we need to hear from those who are actualy working on the game, at least every couple of weeks.
    Even something as simple as a list posted in the offical announcements I think would go along way towards bringing up everyone's confidence. Something as simple as:

Soon to be finished:
    Unitas (aprox 1-2 weeks)
    Billing (approx 1-2 weeks)
    Issues xyz (aprox 3-4 months)
    Issues qrs (no aprox completion given)

To be worked on:
    Issues abc
    Issues efg

On the back burner:
    Fix hole on back of some dragons heads.
    Issues tuv
    Some fluff stuff
    ect.

Things like this would help bolster the faith of us players, and be good pr, I think, to the greater mmo community.

They need to hire Devs to look at things then made a decision. A dev might say ohhhh fixing 1 and 2 and 7 woudl go quickly lets do them first, but the company told us 3 5 and 8 were coming up.

It WOULD be nice if someone in authority stopped in and said we care. As it is now, many are wondering if they do. It makes one think it is just an investment they will try to milk for cash then toss to the curb when the money stops flowing.

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

hey, youself gave the answer, why they didn't post their email on these forums... :P

Do you really think it helps anybody to flood an adress with emails?

I don't really understand why they post email adresses... but they don't seem to expect people to send them emails... maybe the savage eden people never wrote them...
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

I hope there's an official response soon. Right now it looks more like a "we're out of money, please keep paying, kthxbye."
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire
    In hopes of inspiring some kind of official word....

Nagafen? Someone else? Anybody home? You've managed to shake up the community yet again so a bit of official word other than the press release would be MOST welcome, for all of us I think. Please, how about throwing us a little bit of info.
    INdeed..some information would be good ..

My opinion is :

bad news is better then no news

of course for a business point of view they do not want to see it this way... lets hope they look also in terms of players their view

Quote Originally Posted by Dremora
    I don't understand how EI.. Nagafen especially.. could promise us all these things. I remember that about three months ago we were supposed to be amazed, and it never happened. Nothing new, only an old event.
    I'm amazed now... simply and truly amazed... Nagafen was right, I think every last one of the people left is amazed, and perhaps even shocked. Keep in mind, he never said if it was to be in a good, or bad way.

How's that saying go that we all learned as youngsters?

"It tis a tangled web we weave when we practice to decieve"
    It is better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso
    I don't really understand why they post email adresses... but they don't seem to expect people to send them emails... maybe the savage eden people never wrote them...
    With EI's self-proclamation of raising Savage Eden's subscribership 5-fold you would imagine there was at least one or two of them interested in the future of SE. But, if you truly know Savage Eden (like I do, first hand), you realize that there are less Savage Eden players than there are Horizons players...so it doesn't surprise me they don't email PME/EI...there just aren't that many people to care...plus they are snowed over thinking it's Nako's fault (formerly Nako, the Asian SE developer, but recently taken over by a new owner...go figure!)

My two cents worth:

The new owners will post information when they see fit. Independently on how many times they are asked to do so.

So asking again and again and again will have no effect on them whatsoever. It has been made abundantly clear that the horizons players wish to know whats going on and what they can expect from the future. Now the ball is in the owner's court. Creating ever more of a stir and venting does no good whatsoever. Face it -- we have no power over the owners. The only thing we could do is quit which a) means that we suffer the loss of game experience and b) it gets more likely that the game will fold which makes us partly responsible for other peoples losses.

As for Nagafen and his promises -- who can be sure that he knew about the change of ownership when he made these statements? It could well be that he communicated what he believed at that point and acted on the information at that point. Then the question would not be 'Was Nagafen a liar' but 'Has Nagafen been kept in the dark?' or even 'Was this development so sudden that even the people involved in it had no idea about this 2 weeks ago?'. I think several alternative scenarios are possible, so please be very careful before you call a specific person deceitful.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Snickel, I could not have said it any better.

Customer support/relations people can only say what they have been authorized to say (by the suits in charge). This is evident on other game forums as well (like Blizzard's). And I've seen sudden changes that the CR people had no idea beforehand etc etc. So nothing new here. Don't shoot the messenger (even if in this case he's kind of MIA).

There is no new owners let's get this straight. It was only a name change and a move of corporate offices to another state.
    I expect nothing to change other than the letterhead they use.

You should continue to ask questions you may have about the game, just don't expect an answer. Asking questions on the forums does do one thing though, you as a new player can read all the unanswered questions and get a picture of how well a game is actually supported.

Some have said if HZ fails it would be partly our fault, I cannot disagree more they own it, they control it, they prosper from it. I can only choose to be a customer or not to be one, I have no control so I have NO liabilities or fault at my feet if they fail in business.

As far as Nagafen goes, He has done as he is told to do, nothing more. We have seen the exciting news and I am dumbfounded to say the least. It would help if there was a bit more communication from the owners but that is their choice.

Our choice is simple, either play the game or move on to another.

Quote Originally Posted by Ankua Daru
    There is no new owners let's get this straight. It was only a name change and a move of corporate offices to another state.

You should continue to ask questions you may have about the game, just don't expect an answer. Asking questions on the forums does do one thing though, you as a new player can read all the unanswered questions and get a picture of how well a game is actually supported.

Some have said if HZ fails it would be partly our fault, I cannot disagree more they own it, they control it, they prosper from it. I can only choose to be a customer or not to be one, I have no control so I have NO liabilities or fault at my feet if they fail in business.

As far as Nagafen goes, He has done as he is told to do, nothing more. We have seen the exciting news and I am dumbfounded to say the least. It would help if there was a bit more communication from the owners but that is their choice.

Very Well Said.

'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by Ankua Daru

i fully agree!! well said!!

I guess it was me who wrote that people who leave are partly at fault when the game folds.

Well, I'll defend this view. Each one who leaves is a loss for the game, and a dwindling player base endangers the future of the game.

However, I hold that everyone has a right to leave without having to have a bad conscience. The individual freedom outweighs the damage it does to the game.

What I do not have patience with are people who influence others to leave or tell people who are interested in this game not to try it. They simply want horizons to fail, maybe to be proven right because they have been stating all along that it will fail. They are the original trolls. *spits in disgust*

And there is that group in the middle -- they do not actively want people to leave, but with their posts they create a climate where the game experience suffers for people who make the mistake to read all the bad feelings in the forums.

Again I implore each and every one of you: before you post, take the time to consider if your post will improve things (or at least not add to a climate of despair and ugliness).
    Last edited by snickel; December 2nd, 2006 at 04:50 PM.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Thread Information