Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So... its been like 3 months...

Default So... its been like 3 months...

This is probably going to get closed, or deleted, but... oh well.

I have not played Horizons since Sept. 14th, according to the last login on my Saris character (I logged my dragon on to check). I just haven't had a desire to, with all of this EI stuff going on, and now I log into the boards today, to see something about them selling out to PME, which -appears- to be the same company with a different name.

Sometimes, I wonder if this stuff will ever end, I see no new posts by any of the EI (or PME) staff, no updates, no new content, no new development, nothing.

It has been a whopping three months since the EI takeover, heck I think it might be more like 4 months now, and they still do not have their act together. They still do not understand how to take care of the playerbase, they still do not understand that Communication is the Key. They still do not appear to be able to do much of anything with this game.

Add to that, my GF has not really logged in much at all during the last 3 months, and she is the one who got me into this game in the first place. I miss some of the great roleplays I had with her, and the journey of taking my dragon up to and through the RoP. Some of it was hard, some of it I was about ready to pull my hair out in frustration, but it was fun, mostly.

But now... I just don't know. With the absolute silence from EI/PME staff, and no updates in the works, I'm debating if Horizons is worth $13 per month. It saddens me to see all of this happening, and I know, I am by far, not the only player who feels this way. Tulga was on a roll before the EI takeover, they had this planned, that planned, and they were finally starting to implement stuff at a regular basis, nearly every update saw Client improvements, and stuff. Then they sell to EI and it just... halts. Everything comes to a grinding halt...

Meh.

Anyways... I guess I'm posting this to say that I might be quitting soon. I cannot believe that EI still does not understand what causes rampant rumors, and then they start locking threads, closing posts, banning posters, and what-not. The very first, and easiest way to kill rumors, is to not give rumors a chance to spread. Lay all the facts out in front of us. The more fact we are given, the less there is to speculate, and the fewer rumors get started. EI, from the start, has always had a minimalist attitude towards us, telling us Only what they think we need to know, and then they appear to get angry/annoyed/upset when rumors start flying around about what they refuse to tell us.

It just... boggles my mind that they cannot understand this.

--Dhalin

I think EII could communicate until they're blue in the face, wouldn't make much difference.

To me, this community has always argued...look back through old threads...pages arguing about item decay, comp/loot revamps, lairs, T6 nerfs, spawn 'adjustments' - heck the old biped vs dragon arguments..among other things.

Its been 4 months now with no patches, no development, no direction..with nothing new in game to argue about we've picked up the ball and drawn the line in the sand..EI fanbois vs EI slambois...

Please, for the love of all the holies, do something...events or something, and announce a plan for the game...something...so we dont' have to rehash this same shizzit ~Oh I love EI! Oh I hate EI! ~ day in and day out. How refreshing it would be to actually have a topic concerning INGAME play to have some interesting discussions, instead of what we've got now...an almost dead forum beating the same dead horse every single day.

Gah its old already
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

It does get old seeing all of these negative threads, I'll agree to that..

But the most effective way to stop it, in my opinion, is to COMMUNICATE, and not locking up threads and deleting things. That just makes people more frustrated. We're trying to reach out, only to find nothing there.

100/100/90
    Ancient dragoness of Order - Retired

Aye, the negative threads do get old (but oddly a bit entertaining) perhaps they should reopen the rants section again.

Locking and deleting posts is the absolute worst thing that they can do now. It is reflecting poorly on the game world wide, and most of all certainly has to be stressing out Peaches.

Will agree with Dremora, but perhaps that big word COMMUNICATE is, well, just too big for them to comprehend... how about ya say, TALK to us please?

Maybe too many letters in that big word for them to understand, and they get all confused and stuck spinning in circles staring at the shiny spot on the floor?
    It is better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin
    (...)

I have not played Horizons since Sept. 14th, according to the last login on my Saris character (I logged my dragon on to check). I just haven't had a desire to, with all of this EI stuff going on, and now I log into the boards today, to see something about them selling out to PME, which -appears- to be the same company with a different name.

(...)
    --Dhalin
    Wait a minute -- you actually let all the uproar on the boards influence your desire to play or not? The boards are concerned with the possible future of the game, with the directions it might or might not take. What about the present? Due to the recent change in EII ownership, has the fur of your Saris fallen out or your dragon lost his talent for gathering hoard?

Don't let these forums drag you down if there is something in the game you still enjoy.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

You know what I'm going to do? I'm going to go in-game and spend some fun nice time with friends on Unity (provided that my ISP manages to fix my ADSL in time for weekend )

That sure beats reading some doom and gloom forum...

Quote Originally Posted by Ahael
    You know what I'm going to do? I'm going to go in-game and spend some fun nice time with friends on Unity (provided that my ISP manages to fix my ADSL in time for weekend )

That sure beats reading some doom and gloom forum...
    Good luck with your ISP then, and give my (or rather snickels) regards to the tough crowd on Unity

The boards aren't why I'm not in the game, but the PME takeover, and the lack of progress from EIC/EII/PME is partly why I am considering discontinuing my subscription.

Its a combination of things, reasons why I haven't been playing:

1). I got bored of doing the same thing 10,000 times in a row. Grind grind grind, gets old after awhile. I was thinking... hoping... that EI would start developing, and since they are different from Tulga/AE, that they would introduce something that was... non-grind... into the system. Foolish hopes, I suppose...

2). My GF hasn't been in the game, and she's 90% of the reason why I was ever in Horizons in the first place. If she's not playing, I feel incredibly lonely... I think she's bored with the grind too.... that and the lack of performance in the Client... doesn't work well with her computer. We had a heck of a time getting her RoP completed, heck for that one part of it, I had to log onto her account just to get her through part of it becuase her machine kept locking up.

--Dhalin

im really fascinated by the behaviour of the companies who owned HZ or owns or will own ^^

they dont care really about their customers. the marketing guy posts 10-50 posts and vanishes again.

i wonder if you need real manpower to get the community updated? you dont need 5 guys 8 hours a day to look at a board and tell some stuff and give answers to customer questions?

why do we players flame? bash? rant and tell rumors?
    because we know nothing and are ignored

when this will end then a working community will start to grow again and raise from its ashes like a phönix ^^

too much flamers and too much players who think all is great and doubt nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    (...)

too much flamers and too much players who think all is great and doubt nothing
    We seem to read different forums! While I read a lot of flamers I haven't read one single post in these last months, not a single one, where a player stated that all was right. Could you maybe point out one such post to me?

My explanation for your remark is that you are a victim of one of 2 possible misunderstandings:

1) When someone states that he/she likes to play the game you automatically conclude that that person sees the game through rose coloured glasses and has an uncritical attitude;
    2) When someone expresses hope for the future of the game, you conclude that that person is unaware of the present situation.

Both conclusions would be one-dimensional and plain wrong.

But maybe I am the one who has you wrong here and I have indeed managed to overlook all these posts that state that all is great with this game and there is no occasion for doubt?

So show me.

i count you on the pro side ^^ you are happy with all stuff that happens here :-)

its good because if all would go rampant then we get the time back when user got deleted, threads got locked/moderated/deleted...

and maybe you read a different forum then me ^^ or from a different point of view

i count you on the pro side ^^ you are happy with all stuff that happens here :-)

its good because if all would go rampant then we get the time back when user got deleted, threads got locked/moderated/deleted...

and maybe you read a different forum then me ^^ or from a different point of view
    I am happy with all the things that happen here?

Well, I can only interpret this as a strong desire on your part to see the world in black and white. Ahh the world can be so very simple -- everybody who does not share Vlissons point of view must have the exact opposite point of view then...

I don't know if this will blow your brain apart, but hear this: I am not happy with EII and at the same time I'm not happy with Vlisson. Yes, that is possible.

hehe

kk

you are right and im wrong - end of this discussion

have a nice day

hehe

kk

you are right and im wrong - end of this discussion

have a nice day
    Ahhh ... trying to escape the razor-sharp blade of logic? Well, I'll let you run. This time.

im really fascinated by the behaviour of the companies who owned HZ or owns or will own ^^
    I can't list any game ever made that survived all of this abuse, both off developers and players.

Has to mean that Horizons is a game beyond the "normal" games.

It was a game made by poetry and inspiration by a long sighted - but uncapable in business - original CEO. This gave Horizons its long legs.

It was a game still able to survive the "fox-like" second "CEO" with his 1000 and 1000 slimy and ingenuous ways to gain one more day of breath before the courts.

It was a game able to survive years, years and years of concentrated and organized flaming and slander off other companies, or their workers or "simple" yet "particular" players.

It was a game still able to keep open after basically none wants it anymore.

What can kill Horizons, if not us?

Well, I can only interpret this as a strong desire on your part to see the world in black and white.
    Dragons look at things from a simple "live by the day" perspective, and this favors black and white vision ;P

But then, caring is "not a dragon thing" either as Barbara Hambly says (by the way if you did not buy her books and play a dragon, you should be executed at once O_O).

Quote Originally Posted by vahrokh_the_ancient
    I can't list any game ever made that survived all of this abuse, both off developers and players.
    I can name one. It's a game I like to call the grandma of mmorpgs. Released before UO and M59 it still survives to this day. It had quite a long list of owners starting with Sierra Online, Codemasters even owned it, not once but twice ! It also had its share of owners who did not care for the game, and saw it purely as a low maintenance source of income.

These days The Realm Online is owned by the players. It is developed by the players. It IS the players. Most importantly, we're all still happy to be paying our monthly subs for it because we can see where the game is going.

Horizons needs direction. Without a defined course of action we can all see what happens. The current rift in the community is testament to that.

Heh Tzael how it is singularly fitting your "owned by the players" description, the day after I posted that I'd like Hz was released as open source (the non proprietary licensed parts) and we'd could try making it live.

Quote Originally Posted by snickel
    Ahhh ... trying to escape the razor-sharp blade of logic? Well, I'll let you run. This time.
    ^^

ok i made only a short answer, so if it has been unclear i will explain ^^

you are right snickel, there is not only black and white

not everyone who has the same opinion like vlisson is against vlisson, you are right again

you can be not happy with PME and you can be not happy with vlisson at the same time, no lie again

so what shall i say? my arguments are not better than yours and i cannot refuse the logic in your statements, so i follow that im wrong

but maybe you should recognize that i post provoking, but im rare insulting, you never will get to know me real.

but my internet alias is very provoking to get answers i would never get if i ask friendly. (best proof is GN board, i made a provoking answer and i got a prompt answer by luca himself ^^)

i want to excuse me if i made you felt attacked by me

No Vlisson,

never fear, I did not feel personally attacked.

Its just that sometimes I get into these desperate spells when I see abuses of logic...

As for Luca answering you -- do you think this was really due to your incessant questioning and not to a coincidence -- maybe he answered when he felt the time was right?

You know, like on a vacation when the children in the car ask 'Are we there yet? Are we there yet?' -- and finally, after a loooong travel, the parents say: 'Yes, we are there'. Because the family finally arrived at the destination. The number of times the children asked before is irrelevant to the probability of the answer.

maybe ^^

but why on a tuesday? and not on a monday =)

and he had not done a true answer, he made a reply with no real info in it!

but regardless of his reason for his answer, now we know that Luca is still there and reads the board

Thread Information