Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Information!!!!!!!

Default Information!!!!!!!

Honor Games International

Honor Games International provides compelling interactive entertainment for gamers. Headquartered in Singapore with offices in Xiamen and Beijing, their 70-member development team underlines their dedication to quality game development. Honor Games International specializes in Massively Multiplayer Online games, creating rich compelling gaming worlds bringing players together into communities of friendly camaraderies and competition.

HGI 's Website

http://www.pixelmagicentertainment.c...he_company.htm

Does a very happy dance! WOOOOOOOOOOOT!
    Last edited by Peaches; December 1st, 2006 at 05:48 PM.

Thats interesting, maybe someone else can give us some info on history or maybe played one of their games

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne
    Thats interesting, maybe someone else can give us some info on history or maybe played one of their games
    Here's their website. Pretty flashy one for those out there who put great stock into the makeup of websites.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne
    From the looks of the site, they have two games in development. Neither one appears to have reached beta, nor are they listed on MMORPG. PME is being promoted as a provider of community sites & forums for online games, so it's quite possible that they may be providing said services for these games.

The idea that EI might be handing Horizons over to an unknown and unproven developer does not appeal to me a great deal, but it's better then nothing.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Yes that site seems nice to me, but I am no Site rating critic, so don't take my word for it, LOL

I don't really want to sound like sour grapes, but how would this be helping Horizons any? Will they actually ship it overseas and put it into the hands of this HGI? That would be a really good combination for sure. A game with messed up code and poor documentation in the hands of devlopers who probably don't speak English very well (this is not a slur at them, only pointing out the potential language and cultural barrier). Yeah, I can see real solutions coming out of that combination.

And don't mind me, just had two weeks of work installing an engine in an airplane get flushed cause of an internal manufacturing defect inside that could not be detected until after it was started up the first time. Definately bad mood today.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire
    I don't really want to sound like sour grapes, but how would this be helping Horizons any? Will they actually ship it overseas and put it into the hands of this HGI? That would be a really good combination for sure. A game with messed up code and poor documentation in the hands of devlopers who probably don't speak English very well (this is not a slur at them, only pointing out the potential language and cultural barrier). Yeah, I can see real solutions coming out of that combination.
    Even false hope is still hope.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

It would be interesting to see how they would change things. Maybe dragons would look wickedly mean. OR look like peekachu on steroids

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

ROFL Peka Peka, Peka Peka

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire
    Well, at least their website has no obvious language mistakes, has it? Since one of their offers is cooperation in development (not 'shipping your game to us and put it in our hands') what this amounts to in my opinion is that here is a resource that EII could use to develop horizons. Whether they decide to use that resource remains to be seen.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    From the looks of the site, they have two games in development. Neither one appears to have reached beta, nor are they listed on MMORPG. PME is being promoted as a provider of community sites & forums for online games, so it's quite possible that they may be providing said services for these games.

The idea that EI might be handing Horizons over to an unknown and unproven developer does not appeal to me a great deal, but it's better then nothing.
    Gee, we're surprised? From the moment EI bought Hz NOTHING has appealed to you. Give it a rest.
    Last edited by Peaches; December 1st, 2006 at 10:55 PM.
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Quote Originally Posted by Hal`cyon Sskyler
    Even false hope is still hope.
    So is false pride and/or representation of yourself as anything other than a troll
    Kwinn

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Having worked with offshore development companies in Singapore and other areas, and having done this extensively, I am happy to hear this news regarding HGI. Offshore work ethics are greatly different from our own and I personally have experienced what I call magic as result. Singapore especially, puts a great deal into their educational system that emphasizes computer technology, math, and science. So I am hopeful that the "foundation" EI never got a grasp of, will be poured over, researched and built upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dohin Bleris
    Having worked with offshore development companies in Singapore and other areas, and having done this extensively, I am happy to hear this news regarding HGI. Offshore work ethics are greatly different from our own and I personally have experienced what I call magic as result. Singapore especially, puts a great deal intp their educational system that emphasizes computer technology, math, and science. So I am hopeful that the "foundation" EI never got a grasp of, will be poured over, researched and built upon.
    I've spent some time in the Orient as well, and found that the majority that used English as a second language spoke it better than many of us to whom it is a FIRST language, me included LOL
    Kwinn

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Order Server

If this is true, it looks like we may get development. They definitely have a professional looking webpage. to me, this is a companies virtual lobby, it represents the comanies image as much, perhaps more than the building they reside in.
    Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

Default Pardon me

But the situation has been addressed. You folks need to give us time, we aren't here 24/7. Thanks

Is an unproven developer as desirable as one with a successful track record? No. An established development house has the resources and the financial stability to undertake a project like Horizons; HGI may or may not, we don't know yet.

Is an unproven developer who does not know the game and who may be confronted by complications due to language and cultural issues better than no development and no hope of development? Yes. However, ignoring the complexity and enormity of that undertaking just is not realistic.

If HGI's involvement with PME is as a developer for Horizons, that is welcome news. As of yet, there has been no announcement of that being the situation, therefor embracing them as the game's salvation is simply premature.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches
    But the situation has been addressed. You folks need to give us time, we aren't here 24/7. Thanks

No sleep for you!

...now get back to work. (j/k)

I actually think this is a positive thing, if it's true.
    Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

I'm not sure how this relates to Horizons. HGI may be PME's "Software Development Partner", however that doesnt mean they're working on HZ. HGI has a few games of their own (none of which seem to be released yet), which may have been bought up by PME, and HGI may be working on a different property (like Savage Eden). Surely nobody is expected to assume HGI is working on HZ because they have a relationship with PME. Such an assumption would be unverified information.*

As for HGI's website, it's "flashy". Kind of broken flashy. If you don't notice any text, it's because you need a newer version of flash. My initial thought was "Well, uh... they have nothing to say?". I took a look on a windows machine with a newer version of flash and got a better impression. Anyway, as far as the /content/ goes, I'm happy that they have a few games in their portfolio, which is better than padding it with cruft. The site design still looks unprofessional.

You're probably going "*edited* do you think looks good then??!". A solid html + css layout that can be viewed in a current browser that degrades gracefully in older ones. A layout that isnt made entirely of an embedded object. A layout that doesnt turn to garbage when you resize the window, and one that doesnt have the menus popping under other elements. I expect the content to have substance and meaning. No "business speak". At least not anywhere directly accessable from the main index page. That is what I would consider to be a good design.

* I don't have a problem with propagating unverified information, nor verified information that encourages people to jump to conclusions. What concerns me are the people who engage in it while it is in conflict with their stance on such activity.

HGI is a hosting provider for PME.. HGI is NOT developing Horizons =). If anyone was trying to suggest that, shame on you. The deal specifically deals with hosting and forums etc. Nothing to do with HZ development..

Carry on.

Thread Information