Thread: Airianna's Diary

Unhappy Airianna's Diary

I know there have been a few questions about what has been going on with me lately, so I thought I would take a moment to share my thoughts on the whole matter. Understand in reading this that I have not fully explained many of the matters of which I speak, because I personally am too lazy to read anything over a paragraph, and I know this has already grown quite long, so if anything warrants further explanation, I will try to do so.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Airianna 100 Elf Mage
    Order Shard

*curls up by the fire with her radiant mithril rune stylus and her diary*

Dear Diary,

I’ve tried replacing Horizons with many other MMORPGs over the past couple of years, but I was always drawn back to Istaria because of the friends that I had there and the ease of making new friends because of the fabulous and friendly community that lives there. I was a member of a great, close-knit guild that nearly every night did group hunts for hours. It was the most fun I had since the days of Spirit.

A couple of months ago, the first wave of drama hit our lands over a particular ring. The community I once cherished became an angry mob with no interest in a just system, but only in swift issuance of punishment. Innocent people, my friends, were blamed and banned. Later, the ban was lifted, but they have not returned. I lost dear friends and hunting partners.

For a month now there has been drama and arguments surrounding the Valkor hunts. Many have been very hurt about these fights all around. I was so upset one night I decided that I would just not hunt Valkor at all anymore. The problem with this declaration, I came to realise, was that it was really all that I have to do. As some of you know, I do not work, and I literally play Horizons all day long most every day (call me a loser if you would like, but if you had the choice between working or playing video games which would most of you choose?) Never having been that interested in crafting, I spent my days crafting only to bide my time until I could go hunt again.

Monday night I watched as people that I thought to be my *friends*, camped Valkor for over 4 hours and did not ask me to join them after just previously vowing to always include me (long story, but basically I felt betrayed by them and that the one and only thing I really had fun doing in Istaria had been taken away from me).

After nightly fights, drama, and unhappiness, I decided that this was no longer a place for me. I felt as though I had nothing…no real friends, no one to hunt with, and nothing to do. Every time I logged in I just ended up miserable. I decided that it was time to leave Istaria.

Love,
    Airianna
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Airianna 100 Elf Mage
    Order Shard

After all that's been said and done, I'm still going to miss you more than you know. I'm sorry things didn't work out on so many levels. Take care of yourself, sweetie.

Phillip

know that you are missed and still have other friends in istaria. perhaps after a break we can hope to see you again...?

Goodbye, hope you find contentment in whatever you choose to do.
    I regret I have but one life to waste for Istaria!

Lady Airianna, this explains why i have not seen you since my return. You will be missed by no ends. I wish you well and I hope you change your mind and come visit us from time.

*with a raised mug of Ale*
    Untill the Rebirth
    Stay Safe
    Rog
    Roguar the Zerker
    Drinker of Ale
    Order, Scoin
    why can i not sell hoard to a PB?

Thread Information