Thread: Some little things I noticed

Default Some little things I noticed

EI had stated that they were quitely fixing the code. I think that indeed may be the case. I've noticed some annoying little bugs that are no longer around.

For example, when I logged out on top of a vault, I would log back in invisible and unable to move. I would have to recall. That is no longer the case.

I used to have passive and active Drulkar's wings in my character abilities. That too has been fixed to be only passive.

I also noticed some of the sound and spell animations seem to be working now, when before it was hit an miss.

This all may be either coincidental or my imagination, but it appears to me that some things seem to be working now, that weren't previously.
    Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

The dragon attack sounds were added just before the sale to EI (along with the head turning if you held the tilde key) along with replacing the neurotic hand waving with the "encircling the invisible crystal ball" animation for dragon casting (the old beta animation).
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quick note Levi.. There hasnt been a client patch so how could the client have been fixed? Also, as of this time, EI has no one that knows the Horizons engine code. Amadan was the last person that knew a little about the engine so ... Yeah. Tough road ahead to say the least.

I asked Enigma about giving us an idea of when we might see a time table for changes in his announcement thread but that thread has vanished :/

Guess we'll never know

Quote Originally Posted by Spartikus
    Quick note Levi.. There hasnt been a client patch so how could the client have been fixed? Also, as of this time, EI has no one that knows the Horizons engine code. Amadan was the last person that knew a little about the engine so ... Yeah. Tough road ahead to say the least.

I asked Enigma about giving us an idea of when we might see a time table for changes in his announcement thread but that thread has vanished :/

Guess we'll never know

Odd, I have patched, or at least downloaded new files on a couple of occassions since the sale.

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

Drulker's Wings was changed before the sale. When we went from active to just passive. At least mine was.

Actually I haven't seen Darkenigma since the Valkor event

lawlz

who did this fixing exactly ?

might wanna confirm it first

Dark Enigma went back to Savage Eden, didn't he?
    Or was it Zack?

ahrg.. I am confused ^^

But we (you) got Embrys..
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Quote Originally Posted by MadDwarf
    lawlz

who did this fixing exactly ?

might wanna confirm it first
    If you read my post completely, you would see that it could be coincidence or I could be mistaken. They were just some things I've observed recently.

I merely stated that some things that weren't working before, seem to be working for me now. So something must have changed.

As you probably can surmise, I am not an employee of PME, therefore I cannot tell you who might be working on anything. I can only assume that your question is just more of a rhetorical statement.
    Last edited by Leviathan; December 11th, 2006 at 10:08 PM.

So why don't they announce it publicly? It would certainly help their image to a significant portion of the community that feels they're lacking in that regard.
    Ryushu Suisen, Tathar Nuar, and PhoenixStar, Guildmaster of the Construction Crew
    Check out our wares!

DarkEnigmaa is Zack. He has had to spend more time on Savage Eden with the loss of their last employee who was the SE world master. Just last Friday afternoon they had a whole EI/PME management PvP tournament against the players of Savage Eden, so it's tough to say who is working there and who is working on Horizons or how the time is split between the two games.

As far as patches for HZ, there have been none. If you downloaded something new on the patcher, Levi, then it is specific to you.

Has anyone here played Savage Eden? If so whats it like? And yes Dark and Zack are same person

NOOOOO - they killed the afterburner!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deth
    Drulker's Wings was changed before the sale. When we went from active to just passive. At least mine was.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne
    Has anyone here played Savage Eden? If so whats it like? And yes Dark and Zack are same person
    A couple of us played before EI took over. It's your basic hack and slash game with canned quests (kill x amount of y, etc.) that you can do over and over for experience and money with a few special quests thrown in. There is no crafting to be done (other than upgrading weapons/armor which didn't involve anything really or one class who could make certain objects). At the time there were 4 classes to choose from, but I believe they've added one or two since then.

It had some interesting aspects such as castle sieges (full PvP) where the winning guild would hold control of a castle and get some perks or the soccer field which was set up specifically for smaller PvP. There was no PvP except in those 2 cases (that I can remember). You could also train your class skills any way you liked to a degree (Diablo style) making for different playing styles for the same class type.

When it came right down to it though, it was the same thing over and over (with much, much less to do than Horizons). It was pretty unbalanced as well between the classes. There was also a lot of corruption with the game masters (who were regular players as well). I've talked to some people that still play who say it still goes on to lesser degrees, but I can't confirm that personally. The corruption and boredom of nothing new was what made us quit.

I can answer more questions in PM if anyone wants to know more.

A few weeks ago I have deleted my world cache and since then I'm being red walled when I fly to the satyr isles, so yes I was already thinking they might have been doing some backdoor coding fixing things.

I was told there were ways to alter world cache which would still make it possible to fly there. How I have no clue.

Many ancients have run into this problem. We have discovered that by porting to the Peak of Storms, we can then fly to the isles.
    Flsssssh Rsssssst
    The appointed "Rhyming Rhapsodizer" of Blight
    Former Guild Leader of Blight's Conclave of Shadows

Thread Information