Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: READ: Exploitation/Harassment

They aren't talking about helping another player out on an RoP. Their concern is exploitation, not aid, the cute little hatchies have nothing to worry about.
    "Close your mind to stress and pain, fight till you're no longer sane. Let not one **** cur pass by, How many of them can we make die!!"
    "March of Cambreadth" by Heather Alexander
    Drakarr Lunus dragon, Chaos 100 ADV 100 DCRA 80 LSH

"Don't take damage" is different from "Can't be targeted" and "Immune to aggro". The hatchies CAN be hurt when making those runs, therefor the exploit rule does not apply.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Hm. I can't read into any of these rules that it is forbidden to group with higher/lower level chars.

At least it should be hard to read that into them, so helping out at RoP is ok... If I were them, I would instant ban anyone that complains about someone helping other in the RoP... *g*
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

No Epion... they are talking about the people who use the Invisible to mobs exploit that allows them to play in the middle of a mob field and never draw aggro, but help heal and buff people. This includes players that still get XP but are standing in an area where mobs will not detect them but they still get XP from people killing the mobs anyway.

They are talking about people who use 3rd party keyboard macro programs to "work-around" the hotkey safeguards put in to keep people from writing in-game combat macro programs.

And... they are talking about people who get tired of the above people and drag named mobs on top of those violating the first two, in hopes of getting them killed so they can hunt the same place minus the macroers and/or live players in that spot.

Going and helping a hatchie with ROP is by design, not an exploit. putting a hatchie near a group of high level players killing purple necroflies.... that's an exploit.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage
    And... they are talking about people who get tired of the above people and drag named mobs on top of those violating the first two, in hopes of getting them killed so they can hunt the same place minus the macroers and/or live players in that spot.
    Actually, some of those making the most use of the first two exploits have repeatedly trained players who reported them for it. Besides, the ones using the exploit cannot be harmed by anything in the game, so it's impossible to train them...
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Actually putting a hatchie at flies that is in harms way is not an exploit. I personally feel the hatchie wont learn to play their character, but thats there business. But a hatchie in the area and not in harms way like stand on a wall or bridge is an exploit. At least thats what I gather from what Galcondo is saying

This is about 4 or 5 months too late, but better late than never, I suppose.

That is great to hear, but are they really gonna do something? After many warnings/tells even log onto the player's personnal cult chat room to tell him/her to stop coming after my kill, I filed a ticket Nov 11. It still hasnt been assigned to anyone. Was very obvious the player was not at the key board, (if ever I'm seriously wondering) but his/her 2 chars were hunting non stop anything that moved at the fireopal golem field. He/she was still there last I saw.
    I expect to see an announcement someday saying "OOh look the great accomplishement I did, my biped and dragon are 100 in all adv classes. Aren't I great player?" >;D
    Image, Timeless Guild Leader.
    Chaos server

I also placed a ticket regarding harassment my group and I were subjected to a few weeks ago. Still hasnt been assigned. Will see in the next few days if it receives a status change following the OP's announcement. Would be nice to see this matter resolved.
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

I know who you are talking about Image, and that same person is quite probably the most notorious AFK macroer and exploiter on the Chaos server; he has been reported by many people even months before EI took over, and whattaya know, he's still around. All you can really do is avoid whereever that person has set up camp.

TelShyia

I too have had issue(s) with the above mentioned 'campers'. While they have not affected my game play, I dont MASS kill to power level with one of my other boxes and an ALT invs to do healing so i can say, "lookie at me i'm a great big bad rating 200".
    I have made all my levels as an Ancient Dragon the slow and painful way, dieing along the way. Or hunting with legitimate groups to get my XP.
    Nor do i exploit ALL the Epic Mobs so that I and my alts and my select group of friends, guilds are the only ones with those epic items.
    Not only are they hurting the game, but even after being warned, they just created NEW alts to do the same thing over again in hopes that no one would recognize them. These people have a blatant disregard for the game, the community, and all other players. They should be banned permanently and the PDF states and not allowed back in the game at all.
    Telshyia -ANCIENT Chaos Dragon
    100/100/100
    Expert Lairshaper /Master Dragon Crafter

From personal observation there is a lot of both going on. (macroing, ksing. dropping mobs etc..) Not many people are innocent here period. Before condemning individuals and posting about it. Maybe think about if in some way or another you have been a part of it, and what you can do to make it a better gaming atmosphere for everyone. Even if means turning a cheek. Being nonpartisan, I've found that the the people that gripe about it the most are in turn doing things they shouldn't be which falls under the breaking the rules also. And are far from being innocent. Now, I'm not saying that anyone that has posted on this topic has done anything for goodness sake. I'm just making a general statement.

Default Turning the other cheek

never ever works. We, as players, have to report any exploits that are observable and being used. Me? No, I dont cheat, I don't exploit, ever.

Correct. What I was trying to say is that report it if they feel the need to, don't make the situation worse by breaking the rules in some shape or form themselves. Which many have done in the process. I'm not here posting on the subject pointing fingers. As a solo player I see finger pointing all the time and it isn't always as it appears to be. :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Miyah
    I've found that the the people that gripe about it the most are in turn doing things they shouldn't be which falls under the breaking the rules also. And are far from being innocent. Now, I'm not saying that anyone that has posted on this topic has done anything for goodness sake. I'm just making a general statement.
    Then you know nothing of the community, the exploits, or the people using them. The exploiters have been reported many times by a number of different players and are even on record in a public chat in game admitting what they are doing.

Attempting to defend the exploiters by innuendo and veiled allegations of wrongdoing on the part of those who reported them is pretty lame. Find a better excuse & try again.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    Then you know nothing of the community, the exploits, or the people using them. The exploiters have been reported many times by a number of different players and are even on record in a public chat in game admitting what they are doing.

Attempting to defend the exploiters by innuendo and veiled allegations of wrongdoing on the part of those who reported them is pretty lame. Find a better excuse & try again.
    I obviously know enough about the community, that I know for a fact that certain folk/folks that have been taking pride in reporting offenders have also broken rules themselves. I'll dismiss your comment about being lame. Good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyah
    I obviously know enough about the community, that I know for a fact that certain folk/folks that have been taking pride in reporting offenders have also broken rules themselves. I'll dismiss your comment about being lame. Good day.
    Whoever breaks a rule should have to bear the consequences -- doesn't matter if he/she reports others or not.

The possibility that some reporters may not be without guilt themselves does not make the rulebreaking less aggravating.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Breaking rules does not mean that it is forbidden for you to report other rule-breakers... maybe it gives a higher chance that they in return will report you....

So, what's your point?
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Quote Originally Posted by snickel
    The possibility that some reporters may not be without guilt themselves does not make the rulebreaking less aggravating.
    I agree.

Call it self-justice, but what else can one do in an anarchistic surrounding (Unity-shard) where you know that you have to punish rule-brakers with your own hands?

Yes, i confess having been one of those that led mobs (Cenotaph Guardian turning out to be the most effective of those) to AFK-macroers at the PNFs*. I agreed with many others that they had to be stopped / punished and we all knew that GN would give a ******** sh** about our reportings.

So what now? Will i never have the right to accuse someone else ever again, just because i broke the rules meself?

* = Purple NecroFlies

My boyfriend and I were discussing this thread last night and the conversation leads me to pose this question to the community :

Are these things (not harassment) but for example, invisible healing or casting CoT and following with heals ungrouped considered an exploit when an individual does this for their alternate character? Is it considered an exploit if an individual pulls and fills silos of resources for their alternate to level their craft on? Something that would take them working their alt days to do, but their main a few hours? And is it against the rules (or just bad form) to lodge an alt at a mob boss (like Valkor) and afk macro select waiting for him to spawn (camping) while you run your main around the land busy doing other things so you can have first shot at him?

We had some debate about the above examples I provided and I have my personal opinions on the matter...am simply curious and wanting to hear what others think of this.

(above are examples of a single individual with two computers and two subscriptions working both at the same time)
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

Thread Information