Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flame wisp ... arent they annoying

Default Flame wisp ... arent they annoying

Today I was giving a hand to Ramti gathering veridian crystal in the Kion Volcano. In there their is a flame golem and 5 annoying flame wisp. As good scholar and enchanter I am I decided to harvest one ... hold and behold. they yeld some flame essence.

I have looked trough-out my research paper and found no used for them.

Another perl that we don't use it's potential I quess.
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

One of the quests I wrote used it, but implementation of the ones in that group wasn't complete when the game was sold.

Too bad... I worked in jokes about "dryness face" and "******** fine Cobrettis", too...
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Just like all the fungus-caps, that have no real use, yet...
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Fungus caps were for fungal armour.. flame and ice or was it frost wisps? were for other magical items not yet released..
    you can process the fungus though

Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso
    Just like all the fungus-caps, that have no real use, yet...
    well - one can craft fungus hide strips from them and don't need to annoy the cute little bambis for their hide...
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

O once suggested flame essence/orbs/somethingelsewithit as replacment for the flame bone splinter used for banners. But as current state of development i donnt belive in any changes for the near future.
    So at moment these wisps are useless and will stay like that a lot longer.
    Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

Can you really use the fungus hide strips as replacement for normal hide strips?

I never tried it, but I doubt that, because they look very different to the normal ones and are just another item... I doubt that the forumlas will accept them... hm.. have to try that.

But I like the bambies... you can gather their fur and have a little snack...

Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso
    Can you really use the fungus hide strips as replacement for normal hide strips?

I never tried it, but I doubt that, because they look very different to the normal ones and are just another item... I doubt that the forumlas will accept them... hm.. have to try that.

But I like the bambies... you can gather their fur and have a little snack...
    As far as I know hide strip is hide strip -- whether from a mushroom, a maggot or a bambi -- all fine for leatherworking

Quote Originally Posted by Eni
    O once suggested flame essence/orbs/somethingelsewithit as replacment for the flame bone splinter used for banners. But as current state of development i donnt belive in any changes for the near future.
    So at moment these wisps are useless and will stay like that a lot longer.
    Indeed Eni, they would also work for the banners like storm whisps for tempest and flame whisps for the volcano banner, sigh frost whisps would be awesome

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

That was the idea, the two wisp types would gain new formuals and the banners would be reworked so they were usuable again. I forgot where they were going to use them, but it was banners

they can be killed... isn't that a good purpose? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    That was the idea, the two wisp types would gain new formuals and the banners would be reworked so they were usuable again. I forgot where they were going to use them, but it was banners
    One idea that was being looked at was adding ice wisps and ice essence, then using the flame and ice essence orbs as componants for an alchemical oil that added a damage modifier when used on a weapon. It wouldn't have altered the damage type of the base weapon, just added a little extra flame or ice damage and the appropriate particle effect.

I had a quest outlined for Sshranu and a base framework for the potions; that and a Draak attunement quest were on my project list after the Sslanis Militia series and associated side quests were QC'ed and implemented.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I put in originally for one of my ideas for confectioner a hot sauce that used flame essence. At least it would've been something to use it for.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

I like that hot sauce idea... yeah

Quote Originally Posted by snickel
    As far as I know hide strip is hide strip -- whether from a mushroom, a maggot or a bambi -- all fine for leatherworking
    Afraid not, since fungal hides turn into fungal hide strips, not into regular hide strips; all you can do with the mushroom strips is fertilize a pawnbroker with them. Mmm, mushroom manure...

IIRC the end result of processing maggot hides was regular hide strips, so at least those were useable. It's been a long time since I tried to process a maggot, ever since they were removed from between Dalimond and Bristugo.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Kwellen hide strips too! Those aren't currently useable either.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremblthrg
    Afraid not, since fungal hides turn into fungal hide strips, not into regular hide strips; all you can do with the mushroom strips is fertilize a pawnbroker with them. Mmm, mushroom manure...

IIRC the end result of processing maggot hides was regular hide strips, so at least those were useable. It's been a long time since I tried to process a maggot, ever since they were removed from between Dalimond and Bristugo.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Kwellen hide strips too! Those aren't currently useable either.
    Thank you Grmblthrg for the clarification. What a pity -- I'd loved to have a mushroom-costume.

But maggots are still in game (on the beginners isles for example) so I can report that those maggot hides give regular hide strips.

If you really don't want to kill bambis, then you could go for the gruoks in sslanis... they drop fur and can be gathered and you can build ordinary strips from that.... I think wolves should be possible too, but I didn't test that, yet..

aye I think you can harvest from wolves...and add cows to that list also
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

i think you can harvest hides from any of the 'normal' animals... not sure on ruxus or arbotus though

Quote Originally Posted by awdz
    i think you can harvest hides from any of the 'normal' animals... not sure on ruxus or arbotus though
    Hehe ruxus don't give hide, they give slobber, as we all had to learn the hard way

Thread Information