Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Farewell to Blight

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by MarshDog
    Sigi and Ryin sorry don't take it wrong what I meant on the U.K people I was /am so flustered I didn't remember Unity's name that was whom i meant.
    not just U.K
    No, I won't. I feel very sorry for you and other Blight players. It's tough to lose chars, they're a part of you and mostly if you've invested a lot of time in them. It's not a very good feeling to know the survival of my chars depends on the loss of chars of other people.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Thank you Sigi to understand how we feel, I'm hoping they can "copy" us to live or something, I hate to lose a guild hall and all the work Ive put into it.
    and don't get me wrong I have no issues going to live , I just preferred to play on blight for 2 reasons, when I originally went to blight the reason I did is that my son played on Chaos and I could not also play on Chaos the same time he did , so that left blight as an option, also trying new "cutting " edge stuff was really cool. Will I miss my plots yes will I miss not being able to copy over but maby 15 of my alts yes I will do I want to leave the game no I don't, I guess its a wait and see for now.
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

Thumbs down Dont Comprehend the Magnitude

Blight is about to go down and I honestly feel someone doesn't comprehend the magnitude of the closure. Should a certain shard with certain players be the one chosen to be shut down, then the smelling of EI/PM roses wouldnt be so scented I am sure.
    Perhaps people who are obviously in contact with EI/PM might like to suggest that they email all players with their decision to shut Blight down as not everyone reads the forums and those with prepaid accounts on Blight may suddenly get a little snakey...... I know my most of my club are going to be very peeved at the meeting after christmas since they have prepaid accounts and have not been informed in writing via email of the decision!!!

Also please justify the comment Blood Oath Ascension Guild, since that guild DOES NOT exist I take it to mean NO ONE will have new toons. I am aware of the guilds Blights Redemption, True Believers, Conclave Of Shadows, Friends In Istaria, Ad Astra and Kraken Guard are the guilds that make the world of BLIGHT!!!! plus some others also (sorry if I missed your guild) and only a MAIN TOON...ALL our hardwork should be rewarded, this is a plain and simple INSULT

President
    SOUTH EASTERN RPG CLUB
    Editor
    SERPG Country Wide Magazine
    Editor
    Australasian Game Time Magazine
    Spokesperson
    Elders Day LARP Association

Thumbs down Silukets Post Removed???

I was in the process of reading about our beloved shard being closed when I noticed Silukets post had been removed...If you didnt like a part of it , then edit it, dont stop her from being able to say goodbye,
    SHEESH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default There isnt a problem with saying goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by DarkElf
    I was in the process of reading about our beloved shard being closed when I noticed Silukets post had been removed...If you didnt like a part of it , then edit it, dont stop her from being able to say goodbye,
    SHEESH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Violations of board rules will not cease to exist when people break them.

Thumbs down So Edit It Then

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches
    Violations of board rules will not cease to exist when people break them.
    SO EDIT IT SO THAT THE GOODBYE TO EVERYONE STILL EXISTED, sheesh, and take out the section that bit your butt

Default They also can repost

IF they follow the board guidelines.

Well Morning/afternoon/evening all, I managed to get some sleep last night, this morning finally.
    I'm not really sure how I feel over all this, I keep thinking if i can only move one "toon" who would it be, I'm not sure. I have 4 accounts but yet I can only move one main char and its not a copy nor a move really but a recreate. My last count in my guild was 42 members of them 30 are active each month ( not counting my alts) several of my members are in the "war" right now, several that I know of are gone for medical reasons, and I have no was on contacting them, its kind of a kick in the pants when they come back in and see poof vanished nothing left of Blight.
    What I stand to lose is 3 fully built up plots with all the expert machines T4 T6 silos most of which are full of stuff 2 gh's full of stuff 5 houses ranging from T3 to T6 full of stuff and a couple other T6 guild halls lairs halls and library's full of stuff that has been made by me or accumulated over 3 years of play I also will lose the following:
    Bounder 100/100
    Elek 8 lvl 100 adv and 4 lvl 100 crafts,
    Leksi 100 pail healer warrior 100 zerker couple craft classes in the 70's,
    Argos 100 monk 100 cleric and a couple lvl 90 schools crafts in the 60-70's
    Marsh 100 war 100 cleric 100 mage 100 conj and some 90's
    Liberty 100/60 dragon in the middle of AROP
    Phanes 100/? ancient
    Trofast lvl50s
    Conquest lvl 30's
    Bash 100 KNOC 100 cleric 100 zerker 40-70's craft schools
    Any-Foe 100 el archer 100 ranger 90 druid and some 70-80's and lvl 40-70's craft
    Honor my 1st lvl 100 dragon ancient
    Remmy 100 zerker 100 Pail,1000 cleric and some 70-80's nd 40-60's craft.
    You see when I made new alts the purpose of them was to try new schools and see the best combinaton of classes that worked well together and what didn't , each new alt was to test new things implemented, and I "fell" in love with these alts, will I miss them yes I Will, Will I miss having a guild of 30-40 people to support yes I will , will I miss working with all expert shops yes I will

OK As I read these its getting harder to follow, several of the post here are not here anymore from the screen prints of what I made of them, I agree some were over the top in comments, so responding to vapor is hard on my train of thought.
    after doing so quick calculations there is close to 200 paying accounts on Blight as several of us have 2-5 active accounts, so its not an money issue that Blight is being closed, vs having a merger done, I wonder what the bottom line is for it ?

I'm not sure what to say to all of this except it makes me sad/angry that all the work done on our toons on blight is for naught . Not even to mention the work done by blight players to make this game what it is .I have only recently returned to HZ and have alrdy lost many friends i knew but have made many more too . I think some extra effort from the powers that be is deserved for the people of blight who have endured much to improve this wonderful game . I for one will not start over on another server if they end up just erasing us on blight i truly hope it doent come to that .

I feel lots of symphty and sorrow- we Unitarians suffered from the same fate.
    We can tell

Now we are the lucky ones.

So if anything is lost, the only thing I can offer is, that you all are most welcome on our shard. We shall be proud to have you with us.

*sigh* poor comfort- I know

Default Thank You LOVWYRM

As you said:
    So if anything is lost, the only thing I can offer is, that you all are most welcome on our shard. We shall be proud to have you with us."

I really must be missing something why they cant just copy your server to Blight heck change the name if they " " want to , We only have maby 90 players max right now and not more then 15 logged in at any one time.
    I know there is still maby 10 open guild areas and 3/4 or the existing plots are still open, some in prime locations.
    Granted I'm looking at my and My servers side of the coin , I just don't get it.

They should be able to copy player data over to a different shard. It's just records in a database after all. Plot/lair ownership would be a problem though as the same plot is probably owned by 2 different people on 2 different shards.

But they could give novians for the lost construction materials and maybe provide a plot on one of the other servers if they would work at it. Like Marshdog said, there aren't that many players that would have to be handled. The problem is that would actually mean "serving" a customer... and EII/PME seems to not understand that term.

Though I am of course happy that the Unity/Unitas players now see a light at the end of the tunnel, I feel sorry for the Blighters, for as far as I knew for many that shard was more than just for testing.

I hope that everyone of them who wants to can keep their character with all the trimmings.

The loss of plot is a sad thing, I know it, for I suffered it twice so far.

But rest assured, you Blighters, no matter which shard you'll come to eventually, you'll find people there who'll be honored to help you make your new home there.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Smeglor has said over on the forms that shall not be spoken of that yes copies works every which way across all the US shards.

Farewell to thee Fleshroast. I will miss your posting on these boards and I am so sorry for the loss you, and all your fellow blight friends, are experiencing. Safe travels wherever you go.
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

I have supported every company that owned Horizons, even while everyone else bad talked them, I may have joked, but I always supported them..
    I no longer do that, the Blight community and assisting the developers in testing was my only reason for staying, good bye my friends, I cancel my account now for good.
    Those who knew me, send me a PM on the forum for other contact information if you would like to, I would like to keep in contact with you.
    Last edited by Dragor; December 25th, 2006 at 11:59 PM.
    Playing since release.
    4th to complete RoP.
    Purely Lunus.
    Dragor Firestrike - (Nobody to play with.)

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

For those who are coming over to the live shards, might I suggest logging in and deconstructing your buildings from Blight so you have novians in your vault for when they do the character copy you will have a major head start towards having your buildings back. Also, PLEASE LET US ON THE LIVE SHARDS KNOW WHO YOU ARE. I'm quite sure that when it comes time for a place or assistance in rebuilding, we will have many hands available.

Our communities are still strong and thriving and whether you decide on Chaos or Order, you'll be welcomed into them happily. Obsidian Order has already gotten two Blight refugees who have joined us and we look forward to more, should the need arise.

Beyond that, I do hope those who are thinking about not joining the live shards will reconsider. You've been our friends, our comiserators, and comrades here in the forums and the loss of your voices in keeping this grand game alive would be a terrible loss for us all.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

C'gan,
    Thank you for the invite on behalf of the Blight shard,
    We on Blight have been hesitant on doing this till the last moment , in hoping that the owners see that Blight deserves to live as much as Live and Unity does.
    I wish I could rally more Blighter's to come forth, even tho I have been elected to speak for the Blight shard, with out other voices ,I am just one persons posting for an entire shard, also on the down side is that many Blight users are else where for Christmas and New Years. gonna be not a good thing when these people come back and see their server is sitting in someones desktop trash can.

Just did a browse from my holiday hotel and found this news. OK my friends its farewell from Gorek and myself now, time has come.

Irony of it all, I just tried to cancel my subscriptions and got the MRC1 error!

Blood Oath Ascension guild, never heard of it rofl!!!

Poppi-Gorek
    ex Blight and Horizons players

Best to all our friends

Thread Information