Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Farewell to Blight

Exclamation Farewell to Blight

Quote Originally Posted by Owners
    Termination of Blight Shard Operations

Blight Shard Operations will be terminated effective Wednesday, December 27th, 5:00 pm ET / 2:00 pm PT. Current Blight operations are being ended in order for us to do the needed testing and reconfiguration work for the evaluation of dBases, and if all goes well, eventual implementation of the Unitas Shard. While we all know Blight has been a testing shard and those who have played on Blight knew the shard database was subject to significant changes, rollbacks, etc., we also know there are a small number of players who have chosen Blight for their main character. Therefore, for those players who are a member of the Blood Oath Ascension Guild, and whos main character resides on Blight, we will do what we can to work with you to help you replace your Blight main character on one of the other shards. There is no "character transfer" process across shards on Horizons, therefore we will have to manually modify dBases on this end to create your new character. If you are a member of the guild mentioned above and your main character is on Blight, please contact: [email protected] and we will do our best to work with you in creating a new character.

For those of you who might be asking what will happen to the Blight dBase, we will be using it on internal development systems, but it is not likely to
    return to public operations.
    I guess I knew this was coming even though Mr. Anderchek said the original shards would remain the same. I won't be transferring and most of the other Blight Regulars have mentioned the same. Farewell Istarians. I thank you for the chance to become a part of the community and wish you the best, for as long as it lasts.

Flsssssh, Fyrefly, Roarshack, and Growl.
    Flsssssh Rsssssst
    The appointed "Rhyming Rhapsodizer" of Blight
    Former Guild Leader of Blight's Conclave of Shadows

No No NO I refuse to give up that easy Fls, I have near to 3 years in this game and I think that we deserve something better then be dumped down the drain for a new server to be made, sure just kill us all and all the time we put into making sure this game was better for live so that they can make a shard so the U.K people have a place to live , well what about us is this our reward for all the testing and stuff we have done to make this game what is it now, I don't understand if they can copy to blight from live why cant they copy us to live from blight ?
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
    I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
    addresses.
    This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<[email protected]>:
    69.51.102.250 does not like recipient.
    Remote host said: 553 5.3.0 <[email protected]>... No
    such user here
    OK this is icing on the cake what gives with this?

Quote Originally Posted by MarshDog
    No No NO I refuse to give up that easy Fls, I have near to 3 years in this game and I think that we deserve something better then be dumped down the drain for a new server to be made, sure just kill us all and all the time we put into making sure this game was better for live so that they can make a shard so the U.K people have a place to live , well what about us is this our reward for all the testing and stuff we have done to make this game what is it now, I don't understand if they can copy to blight from live why cant they copy us to live from blight ?
    Just for your information
    eh.. Europe - Unity is a bit more than only U.K. people...

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

yep and some of the blighters are UK people
    You think I don't hurt marsh?

Aye Sigi and rest assured we do not fault Unity's players. I know full well that they have been through the wringer far too long as it is.

I hope that the Blight server does you well for Unitas and that the evaluation of them being able to instantiate your dbase works.
    Flsssssh Rsssssst
    The appointed "Rhyming Rhapsodizer" of Blight
    Former Guild Leader of Blight's Conclave of Shadows

Sigi and Ryin sorry don't take it wrong what I meant on the U.K people I was /am so flustered I didn't remember Unity's name that was whom i meant.
    not just U.K

Yep Best wishes for a good result Unitas

I know Marsh
    I'm upset
    This is 1 *edited* of a christmas event/present
    Last edited by Peaches; December 24th, 2006 at 01:38 AM.

This just proves that you cant trust a word said by the powers
    and their willingness to continue crapping on a minority of the playerbase in order to placate some-one else.
    Another reason I think is to get rid of all the stuff we had on blight that they will never see go to the live servers.
    I would say Merry Christmas blighters but this aint no crissy present !

Well Theros , that might be the case , but what do we have on Blight that Live does not have its not scale packs or lvl 100 back packs , only thing we have on blight is Gold Burst for dragons that didn't make it to live.
    according to Illyist yes copies can be done but the things he gave us cant go live , but if you remember the stink over tr av scalepacks that does not seem the case anymore so gold burst is it now.

OK I'm confused :
    Therefore, for those players who are a member of the Blood Oath Ascension Guild, and who's main character resides on Blight, we will do what we can to work with you to help you replace your Blight main character on one of the other shards

Is this missing an and/or in here someplace

Therefore, for those players who are a member of the Blood Oath Ascension Guild, and (and/or) who's main character resides on Blight, we will do what we can to work with you to help you replace your Blight main character on one of the other shards

And this one :: We have received the Unity Shard dBase from Digital Brothers, along with many other files and dBases, in order to start our testing to determine if it will be practical to transfer the Unity shard to U.S. operations.

Does this mean if the Unity Shard dBase cant be copied that Blight is still down for the count ?

and what exactly is the guild Blood Oath Ascension Ive never seen that name of a guild on blight in over 2.5 years ?

I visited Blight only occasionally, but I want to offer my heartfelt condolensces to those that made Blight their home. You were always kind to me when I came to play. I'm so sorry to hear this news.

Yar gold burst would be one ... not sure if the dragon disks made it to live either
    interesting to note the email addy to be copied over is a scam ....
    it dont exist and BloodOath is my dragons name so these clowns didnt even research who was on blight before slamming the door.

Funny really cause ei are on record that no changes to the servers would be done and yet here they are closing a server to impliment a transfer for the unity people ... why not just copy them to blight ???? oh sorry THATS A LOGICAL IDEA !!!

well this means I wont be returning to hz as I have nothing to return to !!!

I mourn the loss of Phyrie and Krystal who made many friends on Blight. Back in the day Blight was the only server which had real WMs who hung around, answered questions, fixed problems, and took suggestions. On Chaos the WMs only showed up to harrass us with mobs and make it impossible to get work done. I had hoped things like Steelsilk plants and unblighted thornwood would show up live but that was abandonned with the sale of the game. Blight is the only remaining original server all others were lost at merge. Goodbye to the many folks I have enjoyed knowing on Blight.

Default ok

Please, I know your all upset, and I sympathize. Please dont insult, please dont bash, and please, don't accuse. There is no scam going on. Perhaps there is something wrong on the end of the recieving email. I don't really know. Just keep your posts according to the board rules.

Thank you

How can you sympathise ?
    your shards not being shut down
    you have no idea what i feel

Default Believe it or not

I DO sympathize. The loss of friends, time spent ingame, growth of your characters.

I am sorry this is happening, and , once again, there isn't anything I can do to assist, but offer my understanding and sympathy.

I hope things work out better, that's all I can do.

Sorry you feel that I dont comprehend the magnitude of what your going through.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshDog
    Sigi and Ryin sorry don't take it wrong what I meant on the U.K people I was /am so flustered I didn't remember Unity's name that was whom i meant.
    not just U.K
    No, I won't. I feel very sorry for you and other Blight players. It's tough to lose chars, they're a part of you and mostly if you've invested a lot of time in them. It's not a very good feeling to know the survival of my chars depends on the loss of chars of other people.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Thank you Sigi to understand how we feel, I'm hoping they can "copy" us to live or something, I hate to lose a guild hall and all the work Ive put into it.
    and don't get me wrong I have no issues going to live , I just preferred to play on blight for 2 reasons, when I originally went to blight the reason I did is that my son played on Chaos and I could not also play on Chaos the same time he did , so that left blight as an option, also trying new "cutting " edge stuff was really cool. Will I miss my plots yes will I miss not being able to copy over but maby 15 of my alts yes I will do I want to leave the game no I don't, I guess its a wait and see for now.

Thread Information