Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chaos issues 1/8/07

Default Chaos issues 1/8/07

Horrendous lag tonight on Chaos. Gathered items don't show up, split items vanish, etc. Might need a restart

aye, all of the above and relogging back into empty sky

regards
    Els

Red face Again

Oi some one pls kick chaos
    or Fix this issue we know your capable now
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

lol

Maybe it's time to run maintenance every day?

I haven't been able to login onto Chaos from 1pm CET till 0:30am while other players from europe could.

The website wasn't accessable so i couldn't file in a ticket either

Thumbs down blank world again!?

ah another with blank world, well guess its not me.

7:24 CST. Just logged into the clouds. No world to be seen.

Reports are that it's been laggy for about 2-3 hours, and everything cleared up at around 5:30 pm PST.

Maybe if we report the starting time of the lag and ending time, it will be possible to track down if there's a process running that's doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by BKBanzai
    Reports are that it's been laggy for about 2-3 hours, and everything cleared up at around 5:30 pm PST.

Maybe if we report the starting time of the lag and ending time, it will be possible to track down if there's a process running that's doing it.
    After nearly two months of the same problems happening almost every day or every other day, you would hope that simple things like that would have been looked into already.

Default Please don't beat us for it ...

but could it be the Chaos Problems are because of the Dev's trying to get Unity/-as to live? Maybe they are tweaking some settings to understand it better, helping them to install our database?

*sigh*
    Well, we can see the Wild guessing coming up again - just because we get no official word on anything ...

Just to add my two coppers worth:
    Attempted logging in at 6:30 EST and was unable to play until 10:30 EST due to black screen. had hotkeys and interface visible but no land graphics or character. Tried the standards, but it was only after waiting the four hours did my character and the graphics load to the point where I coulod interact in the game.

*trying to remain hopeful for happier times to come again*
    Master Annai Aditu of the Storm
    Proud member of the Order of the Talon, Chaos
    "I'm a fair, fragile flower of femininity...and if you don't believe me I'll rip your face off!"

Quote Originally Posted by Alpion
    After nearly two months of the same problems happening almost every day or every other day, you would hope that simple things like that would have been looked into already.
    How do you come to the assumption that this is a simple thing?
    Nothing here leads to that assumption... Maybe it could be simple to fix, but certainly it's burried somewhere deep in the system, so the hard thing is to find it... And I don't want to be the one doing the search, trust me, you neither...
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Quote Originally Posted by HAG
    but could it be the Chaos Problems are because of the Dev's trying to get Unity/-as to live? Maybe they are tweaking some settings to understand it better, helping them to install our database?
    Tweaking settings is what a test server is for, not a live server.

My *guess* is that there is someone running something on the server that's causing it. Last night I couldn't get logged in for a while, then around 7:40 CST I finally got in. A guildmate who was on told me that a GM had been in the marketplace channel and told everyone that the lag should clear up around 7:30... it did.

So either they know how to fix it, or they were doing something that caused it and that *something* finished around 7:30.

Dollars to dougnuts the something was them manualy transfering Blight toons.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso
    How do you come to the assumption that this is a simple thing?
    Nothing here leads to that assumption... Maybe it could be simple to fix, but certainly it's burried somewhere deep in the system, so the hard thing is to find it... And I don't want to be the one doing the search, trust me, you neither...
    I never said this was a simple thing. I said hopefully they would have already been looking for simple things like running processess on a time schedule. If you know something is happening at the same time over and over, it IS simple to find even for you and me.

And there's no reason for you to assume it's buried somewhere deep in the system either. For all we know, it could be popping up a window each and every time.

Quote Originally Posted by BKBanzai
    Tweaking settings is what a test server is for, not a live server.
    Erm, do we have any Test Server atm where real databases are running?

Quote Originally Posted by HAG
    Erm, do we have any Test Server atm where real databases are running?
    I don't think there's anything any more, but the live servers....

Having problems accessing my structures for viewing and forms are showing up as not accessable. So my weekend to catch up with crafting is taking me hours to get no extra levels.

Perhaps taking Blight offline wasn't such a good idea?

Thread Information