Thread: Chaos issues 11/1/2007

Default Chaos issues 11/1/2007

Tonight after maintenance everything seemed fine until 6pm when ET I was trading some lairshaping items to my girlfriend and there was 30 second trade lag. Neither were we able to add any construction items because when we opened the construction windows of her lair in Izzons Crest all were blank.

There were more players with these issues.

This is becoming a nightly thing it seems... and so far EII/PME has informed us all exactly what's going on... NOT!

If it's like other nights, it should clear up around 7:30 CST...

I can see construction details on stuctures in Parsinia but still not on the lair of my girlfriend. Her lair has CommunityID :75301 PlotID :593594 Position :24156 20072. We can still not see construction details, nor see which structures has been finished, also has the rights on her lair been messed up which means that I do not have access to it anymore and because the structures do no longer show up so she can't fix this. She can't either change the name of her lair.

The reason that I'm mentioning this all on this forum and not her is because she can't register on this forum and she started playing after EI closed it.

This is acting just like it did two weeks ago on maintenance day. I can load plot details on plots in some places, but not in others. Harro plots/lairs won't load at all, but Mahagra and others will. Exactly like 2 weeks ago.

Only thing that fixed it then was a restart during which they ran some additional tasks or something.

Sounds like it's time to repeat that.

Mine is doing the same thing and I have another guildie report the same. My lair is in Summit, I think his is in Serenity.

100/100/100 Ancient Dragon of Chaos
    ~The Ancients~

It may be getting worse. I had a silo that had some bricks in it. I opened it last night and took the bricks out. Now this morning I can't open it at all.

I'm not sure if it is related or not, but we had an "issue" on blight, last year or the year before I don't recall off hand but there was some structure issues that if you took everything out of a silo you could re access it, it was at that time we learned to always leave one of something in the silo.
    In a couple other of my post Ive mentioned these issues, Elek had the hardest time getting into the game , bing the most complex alt I have a more simple alt was able to get in w/o a lot of problems. For those of you having troubles getting into the game make another alt and see if that one gets in ok.
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

Default Why do you think the 'net was born?

Warg. My lair seems to be affected too. Construction window is empty, completed structures list is empty, can't bring up the resource list for incomplete structures. This was accessing the plot window from both doubleclicking the lair entrance and from the character window.

I didn't try to access any storage.

What's the deal here? Has someone been using the database machines for web surfing?

The database should have calmed down by now but still nothing in the lair construction screen.

Please don't tell me this will mean we'll have to wait till next maintenance or some unscedualed restart which always comes at a moment when I just come home from work.

Smeg told us that the maintince is not automated so they may have not been shown everything to do when the last ex-TG employee left. Which based off the info he saw, is what he thinks is the problem.

But they know what to run to fix the problem (they did it two weeks ago when the exact same problem occurred). So, why not add that procedure to the maintenance?

I'm sure players wouldn't mind waiting an extra hour for the server to come up after maintenance, if it means being able to play without this kind of aggravation for the next 2-3 days until we get another multi-hour downtime to fix it. I know I sure wouldn't mind

Thats just it maybe they do not know what to do to fix it and all they know is a temp fix. I would guess if they knew all the things to do they would not have this problem.

But then again. Smeg could be off and it could be something else they are doing to learn the database that is causing it. We will probly never know for sure.

Hmm, Maybe this is a new feature for the game. It does make it more challeging to say the least. I guess you could say this is a form of developing I mean, the problem is developing so who needs developers they are overrated anyways.

Thread Information