Thread: Ok all Enough

Exclamation Ok all Enough

PEI stated they are sorry for the lack of Communication. Lets put the tar and feathers away think of the Players in Unity they have lost every thing for a long time. PLs slow if not stop all together this pedy bickering, its not helping aney one but sending the devs farther in to seclusion. maybe they will reply more if they do not feal like there going in to a Hostile situation
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

I don't want to nitpick your post lightning claw I think you are a nice fellow most likely fed up with the bickering (as are many others I'm thinking also).

But the comment that the devs are forced into seclusion because of our negativity? Or disbelief of their efforts? Please. This is not a little league team of 3rd graders. If this is true, and this is the reason they refuse to post a presence on their official forums, I must simply conclude the game is owned by thin skinned children...not professional businesspersons. I mean come on already....lets prevent others from expressing a degree of frustration (within the limits of forum posting rules) because it might hurt the owners feelings?? Bah.
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

frankly i agree with lightning claw... and i'm going ingame to play instead of arguing any further ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by awdz
    frankly i agree with lightning claw... and i'm going ingame to play instead of arguing any further ;-)
    Well you enjoy your game and your characters and your shard some of us dont have that .
    Scathing ? yes.
    Flaming ? no
    My world was shut down
    My characters are lost never to be seen again
    I aint heard a word either by email nor officially in the forum.
    I have been over billed but goodness me no word about that either.
    I have been labeled a naysayer and a doomster
    I have NO problem with the GAME only the people that run it , which has not been addressed nor rectified.
    I also have no doubt this post will be deleted but never mind it will surface elsewhere

cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

The MMO market is big and getting bigger everyday in 2 years it will be filled with large predators. If you cant effectively communicate with your players your game in this new MMO market will die.

If you cant run it properly and fullfil your end of the agreement with your playerbase your game likewise will die.

Guess what PME/EII is not doing both of ?

Time grows short.

Default Agreement?

Quote Originally Posted by MadDwarf
    cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

The MMO market is big and getting bigger everyday in 2 years it will be filled with large predators. If you cant effectively communicate with your players your game in this new MMO market will die.

If you cant run it properly and fullfil your end of the agreement with your playerbase your game likewise will die.

Guess what PME/EII is not doing both of ?

Time grows short.
    What agreement? Please show the agreement

The reason for the lack of communication is because they have not had their attention on Horizons. An inside source told me that they are indeed working hard, but it is on their new game Immortals.

http://www.immortalsusa.com/

This is from a person with true knowledge, so it should not be deleted for speculation or trying to speak for them. It is just a simple fact as stated.

LOL!!!!... someone has been doing their homework and it isnt PME/EI

Quote Originally Posted by Big`Gruff Beard
    What agreement? Please show the agreement

the one that says when the player pays their sub the dev agrees to run the game and keep lines of cimmunication open.

Today you the MMO player has many options to spend their gaming dollars on. Competition is high and this year alone and early 2008 there are 3 BIG HUGE titles coming out.

Those being

Vanguard
    warhammer
    LOTRO

Those games alone can squash Horizons

Add in games like

Age of Conan
    Pirates of the Burning sea

also out within the next 12 months

Competition rules this market now and SOE even changed the way they have been doing things as well. Why ? Cause they know the MMO player has a great many options to spend their dollars on. Its as if PME doesnt even realize there are NOW better games out than horizons is. Those 5 titles mentioned above will do what Horizons does in many respects and will do it 1000000000 times better. Time grows short and the laws of economics say that PME hasen 't grasped those basics and niether do they seem to understand how to run a business and keep customers. This in the end will be their undoing in the MMO market this I garantee. There is just to many heavy hitters coming out. They will knock many small poorly run games right out of the market.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Quote Originally Posted by MadDwarf
    Those 5 titles mentioned above will do what Horizons does in many respects and will do it 1000000000 times better.
    I'll disagree with that MadDwarf. As a betatester for Vanguard, I can honestly say that while it had some features we at Horizons have been longing for (swimming, boats, falling death), it severely lacks in crafting and in much of the adventuring.

I'll stick with being able to build for anyone anywhere over being stuck in only one craft class for all time, having to be in a group of mixed craft classes (mind you, there are only 3) so that only 1 craft class can actually place goods to build.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

I agree with aria .....................................

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

Sorry, but poor communication, lack of new content, and the removal of the process that was used to test the deltas before they went live (blight server), makes the "hostile environment" we now are in.

People were hostile during AE, people were hostile during Tulga, but now... people are infuriated to beyond belief at the newest handling of the future of a game people are playing and being <ahem> billed for (fill in the 'ahem' with what ever you want)

People deserve (like other mmorpgs) to see monthly content, bug fixes, and a simple "this is how close we are to releasing xyz so get ready" from the owners and developers (which there probably are none)

So... in conclusion there will always be hostility, only problem right now, besides being told to just "go and play" I now need a reason to "go and play" besides "The servers aren't dead yet"
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Default dfd

I have had a change of heart and decided I am either part of the problem or part of the solution. I think those not part of the solution should just come to terms with the way things are ..handle their personal business privately with the powers that be...and get out of the way of those still trying to improve their Horizons world.
    Trying to improve Horizons with POSITVE and CONSTRUCTIVE techniques.
    Last edited by Thamoris; January 24th, 2007 at 02:33 PM. Reason: dfd

Vanguard Faction
    "We suck less than the rest !"
    "Beauty fades...Dumb is forever"
    "Don't pee on my leg and then tell me it's raining"
    www.lhguild.com

Quote Originally Posted by Thamoris
    I have had a change of heart and decided I am either part of the problem or part of the solution. I think those not part of the solution should just come to terms with the way things are ..handle their personal business privately with the powers that be...and get out of the way of those still trying to improve their Horizons world.
    Trying to improve Horizons with POSITVE and CONSTRUCTIVE techniques.
    I don't have the energy or desire anymore to try and improve my beloved Horizons world in a postive manner...I am choosing to get out of the way and support those who do still have the energy and desire. My first step in this process is to just get out of their way and move to a new land. I would encourage anyone else too frustrated and bitter to be postive to either change tactics or to move on also.

Vanguard Faction
    "We suck less than the rest !"
    "Beauty fades...Dumb is forever"
    "Don't pee on my leg and then tell me it's raining"
    www.lhguild.com

Default Watchathinki'mdoing?

Just sitting in the back and waiting for the things to come ...

(Means: After 3 years of HZ exclusively i ordered a new game and am waiting for the delivery ... The Clock is ticking, AE / TG / EII / PMwhateva.)

Default I Posted this to

STOP the tar and feathering party not engages it Peached Lock PLs
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Thread Information