Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Account Management Information

Default Account Management Information

We shall try this again.

This is about the upcoming account management information implementation. Please, state what the problem is, there is no need to bash, insult, or flame anyone. This is merely for ei to read and trouble shoot. Keep any conflict out of this thread. Once again, this thread is ONLY for any problems that are currently being experienced.

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=15674

Thank you
    Last edited by Peaches; December 9th, 2006 at 11:36 PM.

OK -here we go again

1 After entering address and credit card details and proceeding beyond that the system returns the message - "Application Declined" . As my credit card (and Visa debit card also) and address are acceptable on all other non EI/PME transactions I can only assume that there is still a fault within the accounts system. Contacting PBT resulted in them stating that they could not find any reason as to why my application was being declined but that I would have to contact EI/PME to get the problem resolved. Several other players are also reporting similar problems. Attempting to contact EII/PME got a response to my first e-mail but after further explaining the problem silence resulted with no further progress possible.

2 EII/PME say that to update your credit card details you require to delete any subscriptions and then re enter the account details. From my own experience deleting the subscription/s also deletes the account details. It was my belief that your characters were tied to either the subscription and/or account. If you therefore require to open a new subscription and/or account to update the credit card details can you still access your original characters?

3 If I read correctly when you cancel a subscription that still has time to run, the subscription number and expiry date should remain in the subscription box until that date. When I cancelled my subscription it also effectively deleted the account details. Due to problem (1 ) above I cannot re-enter new details to reactivate the account and all subscription details are now missing from the subscription page.

I should be grateful for a definitive response from EI/PME on these matters and not conjecture from non EI/PME persons.
    Last edited by aegor; December 10th, 2006 at 05:58 AM.

I'm a bit confused about what needs to be done myself. I checked out my account information with the credit card number on it and it showed the last four digits of my credit card number. Up till now I have been being billed normally, no missed payments and no overbilling. So do I still have to follow these instructions just for verification sakes? Or since it already works should I not worry about it?

Isharae of The Ancients - Pet Saris Druid to Dracanaa
    Katarae - Lost dragoness of Order

When the 4 last digits of your credit card are shown, and you have all the subscriptions you want, then you don't need to do anything.

At least that is how I understood it.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Thanks Garfonso.

(Random 50 character limit sentence. I like pie)

Isharae of The Ancients - Pet Saris Druid to Dracanaa
    Katarae - Lost dragoness of Order

I have a 4 digit card in the window... but I don't have all the accounts showing...

PBT only shows me as having 1 account with them for Horizons.

My second account is AWOL

I don't think I need to give them my info when I know for certain I paid a year for the second account too.

/e looks through emails and bank records for the purchase...

Ok..... after digging through my Credit card statements for the last year and a half...

I was charged on Dec. 24th, 2005 (account #2 is on a 6 month renewal and was changed in March to be renewed at the new 107.40 1 year rate when the subscription came due... I changed it on the website when they made the offer) As of my June/july/august statements (July was when they were bought by EI) I was never charged the 107.40 for another year...

I guess when they switched companies, my account was never re-charged for my 1 year sub.

So.... where does that put me? I found the Ipay confirmation email back from 2005 stating my account number and charges.
    Last edited by Justa Mirage; December 11th, 2006 at 03:13 AM.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Somehow, not by me or Uther, 2 of our 4 subscriptions have been canceled over the last few months, one cd key on each of our accounts. I have called PBT on two seperate occasions over the last week and requested to have these subs reinstated. Both times I was told only EI/PME can reinstate subs. I have filed tickets and PM'd the GM's over the last 2 months. All to no avail. We have 4 characters split between 2 accounts that each own plots/lairs and I am getting a bit worried. I do not want to create a new account and lose some of our characters or plots. EI says call PBT, PBT says only EI can resolve this issue. Not sure what to do anymore as EI is not responding. We are still able to log in but what will happen after Dec 18 when EI closes accounts that are not paying subs? This really needs to be resolved before any account sweeps are done and more players are lost. I hope someone is listening.

Holth

I still do not see how I can have an active subscription and get billed every month, but the database thinks I don't.

When I go to the "manage subscriptions" page, I see:

SUBSCRIPTION: (19 digit number)

Start: 11/22/2006
    End: 12/22/2006
    Price: 12.95
    Below that it shows a next billing date of 12/22/2006

This is the same as it has shown ever since I re-opened my account on July 23rd. I have been billed $12.95 on the 22nd of every month since then. The system shows this subscription on my account page.

So, given all that, why does it say I have 1 plot and 0 active subscriptions whenever I log in to the web page?

Am I one of the "exploiters" who will be canceled on the 18th?

I'm writing on behalf of a good friend of mine who has been trying to get her account problems resolved for nearly 6 months now. Since the forums are locked, she cannot post this issue here herself.

She signed up for Horizons around the time of the EI takeover and has one of the accounts that has been uncharged since that time. She is a person of conscience and has been trying to get it straightend out once she realized what the problem was. This is her first MMO and she did not quite understand the usual way things work. Despite several attempts on her part, and on mine contacting various people via PM on the forum, her account issues have not been resolved and she is still not being charged. The last response she recieved on a trouble ticket was a notice on Oct 28th that her ticket was assigned to someone. There has been no activity since. If it is any use to anyone, her ticket number is 7721.

She would really like to get this resolved and to pay for the months that she should have been billed for so that she can continue to play. With the looming Dec 18th deadline now a week away, all of us are very concerned.

*addenum*

Well, after trying one more time (just after I posted this), it appears that she was able to start a subscription on the page. The last 4 digits of her card now shows and she has a subscription number. The only issue seems to be that it is showing her next billing date as 12/25/06. Hardly a full month. I'd be concerned that anyone else signing up would get the short month as well.
    Last edited by Solitaire; December 12th, 2006 at 01:45 AM.

I get the message I have 3 plots and only 1 active account while i have filled in the information into my account correctly. I have send in a few tickets which were send thru to the proper person to handle them and I'm still waiting for someone to handle this for who knows how long.

I was told there was nothing I could do about this message, I see my subscriptions so that can't be the problem either I think.

I'm in Holland so I don't know if I can even call 0800 numbers which were noted in the email.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

My one and only question:

When may we get our additional subscriptions rebilled? As of yet, my second subscription should have been due by now and I really do not want to have to decide between Tagath's weyr and my plot. I've called PBT, who does not do additional subscriptions. I've e-mailed EI/PME and gotten no response.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

I can't actually add a new sub because it declines the card every single time. This is irritating as the card is good. *Sighs* I know it's good because we use it for everything and we are also paying for a saga of ryzom sub on the same card. I really want to pay..heh and play. I still have a guild and a lair I want to finish. It makes me sad that EI is adding things like new WMs and the League of Historians but isn't giving advice to the seemingly quite a few of us who wish to pay but can't because of a borked site. (notes that that wasn't her flaming or anything just saying how she feels)
    Last edited by Nayuaka; December 13th, 2006 at 07:22 PM.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

So Monday is the big day when we all get banned? Since it appears that nobody can fix their subscriptions... and we aren't hearing jack from EII/PME about the problem?

Seems to be that way...

(woo go message size limit)
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

I checked the sub page and it shows that I have 2 subs and I am getting billed for,( 2 subs on one account in question) on the manage page but when I log in it shows i have 2 plots and 1 active sub. And on this account in ?'question I'm not sure what one i can delete w/o killing the account.This started from the original change to the billing accounts, How do I tell what one is really "active" and one I'm just getting billed for ?.
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

can't even log in and manage my subscriptions as the webpage refuses to recognise my password (launcher works fine though), and the password reminder comes up with an error message (just in case I didn't use the only password I ever use!!!)...
    Arietna Winterfire, Brand New ADULT!! Purple Dragon, CHAOS shard, DIVINE RETRIBUTION Guild

Ariadne Dreamweaver - ex of Unity Shard
    Tailor 67, Weaver 72, Carpenter 85,
    oh, and Spirit Disciple 57 , Paladin 34

interesting thing, how many folks have problems with their accounts...
    this doesn't let me trust in their ability to serve the new Unitas people well ;(

Hm.. Unity people normaly don't have two subscriptions in one account, which seems to be the biggest problem, currently... (sadly, because it's a real cool feature)

Single subscription seem to work quite good... and all our info will be "fresh", so nothing old should get stuck and so on...
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

has anyone made any progress with the problem of not being able to reactivate accounts? specifically the "Declined" error when tryin to enter teh cc info. via tickets, pm's or any other means?
    A dark shadow in the night skies...

The 866 number doesn't seem to work at the Canadian address I am currently at for the holidays. Also, there doesn't seem to be a non-800 number equivalent to call. I have always paid in multiple month installments and that option on the website doesn't seem to be there. Since I currently do not seem to have active credit card information up, I am wondering if a phone call will even help. And one more frustration - I never even received an email saying that my account information might need updating.......

Thread Information