Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time is my enemy

hmm confectioner revamp asap...

Does EI have a different definiton of asap than everyone else ?

Would be very enlightening to borrow their dictionary sometime...see how words like : 'fixed, soon, asap, patches, support' are defined ....
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

Thanks! I was wondering where I saw that interview. The last few months reminded me of something that was said:

Danu: First of all, today I am happy to report game play is going well and Horizons isn't going anywhere.
    Well, at least one thing he said has happened. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw
    Thanks! I was wondering where I saw that interview. The last few months reminded me of something that was said:
    Danu: First of all, today I am happy to report game play is going well and Horizons isn't going anywhere.
    Well, at least one thing he said has happened. :P
    Wow, I remember reading that interview way back when... I totally misread that line I guess, but you're right. Horizons hasn't gone anywhere at all

Default Time is my enemy

I am sorry you feel that time is your enemy. I look at it this way, horizons is still running, we can still log in, we can still have fun, if we so choose.

Zzz... <startles to awakedness, finding himself sleeping on a motherlode of mithril and 7 angry dwarves wanting to mine it>

Folks.... face it.... if you are looking for the game to magically get even the slightest content added to the game, if at all, will not be major, but even minor database changes would be a welcome site.

This is it ladies, gentleman, gnomes and dragons.... what you see... is what you are going to get for the time being until the universe collapses on itself.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Kerech
    Wow, I remember reading that interview way back when... I totally misread that line I guess, but you're right. Horizons hasn't gone anywhere at all
    Yes it has Horizons has gone BACKWARDS
    People are looking elsewhere , Chaos is in chaos literally.
    I dont think there is a blighter left .
    Of course the norm is Peachy posting her happy posts.

Default Time is my enemy

Quote Originally Posted by Theros Ironfeld
    Yes it has Horizons has gone BACKWARDS
    People are looking elsewhere , Chaos is in chaos literally.
    I dont think there is a blighter left .

Funny, we have several blighters on Order shard, still playing, still working up their characters, still having as much fun , indeed, as I am. So, of course, Peaches is just peachy.

Quote Originally Posted by Theros Ironfeld
    To be honest, I am sick of "play and be happy" posts. It should be pretty obvious the bleak future that Horizons faces in terms of continuted development and improvement, maybe it's entire existance. Gizmo speaks of good things coming in the future that they are working, well bull#$@%! I don't believe a word of it. PME/EI has been astoundingly inept with both management and communication since they took over and if you think it is going to change any time soon, you are fooling yourself. You can look back at the time Tulga was running things as the "good ole days" cause I'm convinced things even a tenth that good will never come again as long as PME/EI is in charge.

So come on Gizmo or Danu or Nagafen. Prove me wrong in what I said. What are you guys at EI afraid of? Hmm? The truth? Do you have any truth to even tell the tattered remains of the community here? How about those people from Unity you have been leading on with promises? Does any of their hard work have any future? How about those from Blight? Do they have a chance to ever see their characters again, even if they had lost everything else but their skins? There are hundreds of questions that beg to be answered, but I fear that all they will ever get is silence or answers that are no answers. After all, for over 6 months now, that is all we got. I see no evidence that will change.

I log on everyday and still have fun. But yes face the facts we have had a huge decline. No one can say different. Yes we gained some Blighters but we have lost wayyyy more then gained. And I visit New Trismus weekly and its dead. So not many new players coming. I'm not saying there are none, but there not enough to make any sort of impact.

Also I have spoken with members of guilds whom are lost. There leaders have left and they virually are lucky if they see someone from their guild log on while they are playing. And no I'm not talking about small guilds, these were huge guilds that used to have several people on at any given time

What I have done is invited these lonely players to come to my guild chat so they have a place to call home. Kinda like extended guildies. We treat them as one of our own, all of us get along great. Thats the best thing I can do for players in this situation and they appreciate it and feel at home.

Jayne

Default Time is my enemy

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire
    To be honest, I am sick of "play and be happy" posts. It should be pretty obvious the bleak future that Horizons faces in terms of continuted development and improvement, maybe it's entire existance. Gizmo speaks of good things coming in the future that they are working, well bull#$@%! I don't believe a word of it. PME/EI has been astoundingly inept with both management and communication since they took over and if you think it is going to change any time soon, you are fooling yourself. You can look back at the time Tulga was running things as the "good ole days" cause I'm convinced things even a tenth that good will never come again as long as PME/EI is in charge.

So come on Gizmo or Danu or Nagafen. Prove me wrong in what I said. What are you guys at EI afraid of? Hmm? The truth? Do you have any truth to even tell the tattered remains of the community here? How about those people from Unity you have been leading on with promises? Does any of their hard work have any future? How about those from Blight? Do they have a chance to ever see their characters again, even if they had lost everything else but their skins? There are hundreds of questions that beg to be answered, but I fear that all they will ever get is silence or answers that are no answers. After all, for over 6 months now, that is all we got. I see no evidence that will change.
    Whoa, I have never ever said you should play and be happy, am simply stating that is my state of mind here. I feel badly for those that are so unhappy. I made my choice, and prefer to post with a postitive attitude, instead of the *lonely hearts* that are so unhappy with this world. Nothing wrong with either view.

Yep. You can have a positive attitude. You could also have a positive attitude if you had a nice rose garden to play in. Very pretty surroundings. Many things that are good. All except for that glowing light in the sky that grows brighter week by week, the asteroid that is coming to vaporize all that is good and bad in the world together. NASA knows about that asteroid. But they don't seem to want to do anything about it, even if they had the technology and know how. You can go ahead and play in your rose garden if you want. Even think the light reflected off the asteroid is pretty in the ripples of your pond. But I'm gonna demand answers of NASA. I'm not going to just meekly accept it.

So I'm demanding answers from EI just as I would from NASA in that example above. I feel that they owe an accounting of their actions and intent to all of us. You can delete this demand and I'll just become yet another dissenting voice that was silenced here. From your track record, I'm surprised that I was not silenced in my first post.

And for the record, I still play in the world that AE/Tulga created. I enjoy my guild member's company and work on my lair. I am no "lonely heart" that is unhappy with the world. I'm a dedicated and continuing player of Horizons that is pissed off at the seeming uncaring people who are now in control of our destinies.

And as for nevering saying "you should play and be happy", you may not have said it in as many words, but you sure infer it each time you have said something like that in a post.
    Last edited by Solitaire; January 31st, 2007 at 11:05 PM.

Default Time is my enemy

*shrugs* Noone, not even Nasa, promised me tomorrow. So, I don't look at tomorrow. I am here, today.

I just get sad that so many folks are sad, but, I have to keep my own sanity by not joining the plight of others. I can tell you I am sorry that your sad, but I cannot let it impact me. ;(

So therefore, my rosy garden sure looks nice about now.

Again, not 'sad'. Pissed. There is a difference.

Enjoy your rose garden.

Some people remind me of these New Agers that only want to think positive thoughts ... and concerning this list of postings these people have like normal given their statements that they dont want to smell anything but roses even from more undisclosed rather dark locations.

But Let me say this, although this may seem to be fine to these persons their unconscious is like a deep pit of repressed content a result of living their life in denial.

Sometimes how sorry I must say it is, you must face reality and look at an Bull storming at you with his horns aimed at you. It's better for your internal health also. So see this post as a gift. As the first step to your psychological liberation from your wonderland bondage.

For I agree with many others that the ongoing silence is nothing short of contempt for the VERY VERY Loyal supporters of this game, that have stuck with it, gone the extra mile many times... But at some point enough is enough and it's time for a revolution and get the pitchforks out of the closet...

Some behaviour is just not acceptable and immoral and goes against all human principles... Treat any other person as you yourself want to be treated..

Well As I see it the current owners ask for their turnned cheek to be slapped, who are we to deny them this right which they so eagerly ask for bty their current behaviour..?? We are the mercifull... The players can deliver them from evil.
    Rhialto,
    100CHSW/100WIZ/100CON/100CLRC
    The Iron Watch
    Ice Server

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Default hi guys

but really, this is for peaches, et al......

peaches, you are a great person, i have no doubts. your loyalty is admirable. i understand if you do not feel comfortable saying anything other than the things you can and do say. personally, i feel no animosity for you (or any other corp minion) as a human being.

BUT - surely you are intelligent. intelligent enough to know that what you are not saying verbally is coming thru loud and clear from 'between the lines', as it were.
    since you quoted the whole post, i am sure you read the entire thing. not addressing all the points raised is very telling to me. so now i will ask you straight up:

'What are you guys at EI afraid of? Hmm? The truth? Do you have any truth to even tell the tattered remains of the community here?'
    please feel free to put your patented positive spin on it, but can TPTB at least come out and tell peeps what is going on? be honest, too. if you can't transfer the blight characters (which is very apparent, even you have to agree - positively, of course) or make the server work for the unity folk, just tell us. you have already lost peeps, and the lack of honest, straight forward communication will lose more. so it becomes a sort of self fulfilling prophesy, if you get me.....

'How about those people from Unity you have been leading on with promises? Does any of their hard work have any future? How about those from Blight? Do they have a chance to ever see their characters again, even if they had lost everything else but their skins?'
    you read the posts, you know how many times this question comes up. don't you get tired of reading it? the only way to end it is to come across with the desired, nay needed, information. if TPTB would just be forthcoming and honest (i know you don't believe this, but we can tell when you are bs'ing or just outright being full of crap. apparently you haven't noticed, but you guys don't seem to be very good at slipping the untruths past undetected....), maybe the trust issues would disappear.

'There are hundreds of questions that beg to be answered, but I fear that all they will ever get is silence or answers that are no answers. After all, for over 6 months now, that is all we got. I see no evidence that will change.'
    and here is the crux of the matter. the bs has got to stop. don't say 'soon' - say 'we are shooting for the middle of febuary'. don't say 'we hope to have(insert upcoming patch or content upgrade here) working any time now' - say 'we will be releasing the (whatever) march 1. if we are unable, we will let you know why.'

really, i don't know what else to say. i am a merchant, and my business philosophy is to treat my customers as i want to be treated. this philosophy has made me one of the top selling vendors with a 99% customer satisfaction rate (yes, you read that right and i can supply the proof of this claim), and all i do is communicate and keep my promises. if i can't do something for someone, i tell them why. if i am gonna be late with shipping, i alert the customer. this is just common curtesy, business wise.

so peaches, please continue to be positive. i am told that is an excellent trait to cultivate. but being positive does not mean you can't also be honest and forthright. just come out and tell us what is going on, and stop beating around the bush, for pete's sake.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches
    I am sorry you feel that time is your enemy. I look at it this way, horizons is still running, we can still log in, we can still have fun, if we so choose.
    I am happy for you Peaches, However.. .allow me to correct your post:

"I look at it this way, horizons is still running, I can still log in, I can still have fun, if I so choose."

For people who can not play (for what ever reason ranging from account mangement issues, Unitas dead/alive?, unsecurity about their blight account) can such generalised statements make their own sad feelings/frustration even sadder.

Personally I am really happy for you that you can play,that you can have fun. and I am sure everyone would wish it to every other player. However, I think that whilst you keep posting positive posts in place of joining the nay sayers (as some call them), it could be good think think of those that aren`t in a postion as you are.

I know that thereare a lot of people who want to look it this way:

Horizons is fully and smoothly running, Every player can log in, Every player can have fun and every player would love to see horizons having a postive future.

Quote Originally Posted by Xante
    I am happy for you Peaches, However.. .allow me to correct your post:

"I look at it this way, horizons is still running, I can still log in, I can still have fun, if I so choose."

For people who can not play (for what ever reason ranging from account mangement issues, Unitas dead/alive?, unsecurity about their blight account) can such generalised statements make their own sad feelings/frustration even sadder.

Personally I am really happy for you that you can play,that you can have fun. and I am sure everyone would wish it to every other player. However, I think that whilst you keep posting positive posts in place of joining the nay sayers (as some call them), it could be good think think of those that aren`t in a postion as you are.

I know that thereare a lot of people who want to look it this way:

Horizons is fully and smoothly running, Every player can log in, Every player can have fun and every player would love to see horizons having a postive future.

Do you Honestly and truthfully know for a Fact that they are not doing aney thing. the answer is No . i know for one thing that there is indeed work is being done on Chaos. a slightly amusing bug happened with my toon it had the training point slots of a master biped

i am talking about this .

Ice
    Primal
    summoning
    flame
    Energy
    spirit
    t and c
    you get the point on Jan 29 that bug was corrected and My toon No longer has throws ability's.

I am Very sad that your still having problems. Try talking to Dark Enigma i hunted with dark not too long ago and he seams to be honest hardworking and a fun guy to hunt with. (when he cant Use Halo lol sorry had to poke u man. ) and truly cares about Horizons. they are working i have evinced.

Remember a watched pot never boils or it seams to take forever for it to boil. Try not looking at month markers, try making Positive suggestions to the Wms. if you give them a fair shot and stop criticizingly them you will find Horizons still has a Lot of Potential.
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw
    Do you Honestly and truthfully know for a Fact that they are not doing aney thing. the answer is No . i know for one thing that there is indeed work is being done on Chaos. a slightly amusing bug happened with my toon it had the training point slots of a master biped

Oh Im sure they are doing something.

You know what back a yard programmer is ? I was once one myself. We are self taught we read books we took existing code and hacked it to bits. We reveresed engineered and took apart programs to see how they worked and made changes to get it to do what we wanted ( for the script types back in the 90's ). Now you can really learn a lot by doing this but you still wont be good as someone with honest to goodness hands on experience in the real world.

What we have here is EI buying into a game that they believed they could backyard program in. That by taking bits and seeing how they worked and reverse engineering things they could do a better job than tulga did. They even stated as much not so long ago. But I think well any of us who knows what it actually takes to make this all work knows you cant backyard horizons and make it work the way they think it wil. Horizons is a beast that requires expert hands and knowledge to tame it. This is something we know pretty sure that PME/EII does not have.

So no doubt they are doing exactly this right now and not having much success at it. That is what is happening.

btw Lightening what you saw was something that tulga had in testing on their test side of things for a very long time from what I can gather. It was NOTHING new but rather someone turned something on that was there already. Horizons has a lot of unused stuff in it that was never finished being development. To use those features and unused bits WILL REQUIRE expert hands and knowledge for any of those unused bits to even think about working.

Be realistic and dont be foolish in thinking any new development is going to happen in Horizons. MMO costs millions to produce its not going to happen with a game that might have 2000 subs active. Its economics pure and simple its not PME being bad or anything. They just do not have the resources to develop horizons any further.

Thread Information