Thread: ok i give how do you Pull this mob

Default ok i give how do you Pull this mob

as Most of you know i am a Hunter i was recently was asked to Hunt blue vexs after getting desomated and going throw my stash of ambrosia for the 3rd time i am now asking How do you Pull these things i am getting slaughtered
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

my preferred approach is to find a relatively safe spot to stand and use longshot with my longbow :-)

single target ranged attack when they get near your 'safe' zone usually works for me, though it takes practice figuring out what nuances work best for a given mob in a given area

as for attack type that works best on it and defenses to have? jeepers i cannot think off the top of my head, though i do like to have my detox ability and i think it might be an energy attack? not entirely sure what that chain lightning is...

sorry i'm not more help, just kind of rambling, but that's sort of how i hunt :-/

Very, very carefully.

Find a quiet place to pull from, theres a few on each island, however they're not quiet for long. You have enough time to smack the vexator around, loot it, and run or fly off.

Hint: sometimes the best place to be is on the face of a cliff.
    Hint 2: A t5 range teched prime bolt will go farther than dragon's reach.
    Hint 3: Don't use an AoE spell like unrelenting winds or grazing winds to pull. It will cause you much pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw
    Very, very carefully.

Find a quiet place to pull from, theres a few on each island, however they're not quiet for long. You have enough time to smack the vexator around, loot it, and run or fly off.

Hint: sometimes the best place to be is on the face of a cliff.
    Hint 2: A t5 range teched prime bolt will go farther than dragon's reach.
    Hint 3: Don't use an AoE spell like unrelenting winds or grazing winds to pull. It will cause you much pain.

the shortest battel in History
    be for Pulling Pop Refreshing standard move for something you never fought be for spiked scales sheled of gold for the extra mob \

Now the Pull Dragon reach then back up hit it with primal bolt
    every mob in the zone is now on me Epion has been Killed

i cant even get a gold rage off befor i am a goner
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

16221/21170

Thats a safe spot on Corvus...well as safe as your gonna get out there.
    There are plenty of blue vexes on the ridge, and they have to come a bit of distance so it is very easy to see if there are adds. Keep an eye on your back as sometimes an occasional monster will drift up behind you in aggro range. Ignore the blights that seem to wander up and down that cliff face, if you dont' mess with them they won't mess with you (at least, they don't ever aggro me, even when I'm plenty close enough).

Once you have drawn the vexator it should be fairly easy to kill it, that is if it comes alone (which they usually do in this spot).

I highly, highly recomend an eminence scale...that stun pops often and is so great when fighting these guys.

This spot requires a lot of patience...even though you can semi safely pull the vexes, they are notorious for their low drop rates. It will take some time to gather these up.

Good luck to you, happy hunting.
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

Killing them is easy... Epion should not have a problem with that...

it's the "separating them" from social aggro of just about every undead WA there. THAT'S the problem. Waiting for that 1 to slither away from the group, hoping that some WA doesn't find your hidey hole you are standing in waiting for a Blue Vexator to come in range of your T5 teched prime bolt.

That was my problem... hours of hunting yielded 2 for me
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Vexators have very high health but almost no armor. Your best bet is to try and have party members detox/dispell some of the nastier debuffs of which I forget their names. The rifty debuff. It's bad. It'll AoE drop your range by -50 or so. If you have people in your group or you yourself rely on ranged attacks, getting rid of that debuff is a must.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

@ Halcyon

Rift Distortion...and it definitely sucks if your specialty is ranged.
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

chain lightning is also one thats bad for a group given a group of say 5 or more it can bounce between the members endlessly if it isnt dispelled..happened to us back int he days of unty at SoG

If yer a dragon hunting vexators you are better off hunting alone. If in a group, whoever is lowest rated just became a critter magnet, any critter, all critters, critters from a long friggin way off.

To pull em...watch em if you see a vex wandering around with no other vexes around it's alone. If it stops in a spot and another joins it before it moves on, thems buddies and if ya pull one, ya get both. Sometimes 2 pairs will be behaving in this fashion and within 10 meters or so of each other. If ya pull one ya get 4, sometimes a 5th that is nearby.

To kill em...flame and slash. As a dragon you should be able to shred 1 fairly quickly. Try to carry as much energy resistance as possible. It'll cut down the synaptic spasm damage considerably. If ya should get 2 on a pull don't panic. Use any stun, mezz, root or whatever it is a dragon has one and quickly kill the other. If the pair is 1 red and 1 blue, stun the red, kill the blue and fly away for a couple of minutes, the red will leave. 3 or more bug out!
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Default Counts the Death Points

Epion Has ben killed
    Epion Has ben killed
    Epion Has ben killed
    Epion Has ben killed
    Epion Has ben killed
    Epion Has ben killed
    Epion Has ben killed
    Epion Has ben killed
    Epion Has ben killed
    Epion Has ben killed
    Epion Has ben killed
    Epion Has ben killed

kinda hard to kill if every mob in the zone causes Massive lag and i die befor i can Press q i have tried thows quords and there farly safe nothing i cant handel its the 30 + argo that kills me

Thread Information