Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any ETA on Chaos?

Default Any ETA on Chaos?

Came home from work, expecting to play... I see Chaos is down for "Emergency Maintenance". No threads here about it... any ETA on when it will be up? Or what the problem is?

Any word at all will be fine...

Default Any ETA on Chaos?

All I can tell you , is that Chaos is being worked on. There is no ETA as of yet. Will keep you all posted as best as I can.

Can someone tell us when they started working on Chaos???

Ouch its 730 and hz is still down something must have gone wrong during the Mat today meh off till i can get in
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Apparently the game went down suddenly, sometime after regular maintenance was *supposed* to start but didn't, and it's been down ever since.

Default ...

*Rubs his temples* Ayie, ayie, ayie....

Welp Kerech, based on what I've experienced lately, don't count on HZ being up anytime tonight. Probably might as well go to bed and try again around noon tomorrow.

Hopefully this doesn't take that long again...
    Casius, first lvl 100 Dragon.

Achiever 66.67%, Explorer 53.33%, Socializer 46.67% Killer 33.33%

Maybe they pulled the plug like they did on Blight and Unity :-P

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Ok, gave up and went to bed, expecting to be able to play this morning... WRONG!

And still, absolutely no word from anyone as to what's going on, or any ETA. Don't worry about us PME... we're just your *PAYING CUSTOMERS* no need to keep us informed or anything...

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

A lot of Chaos' regular contingent showed up last night on Order. It was fun getting to talk with some of you and sorry I didn't get the chance to say hello to all of you.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Yeah, I was on there for a while. Saw several Chaos people.

Several of us formed a guild called "Chaotic Order". Saw another guild called "Chaos Down"

That still doesn't excuse the fact that we still have had no word about our server

Quote Originally Posted by Kerech
    Ok, gave up and went to bed, expecting to be able to play this morning... WRONG!

And still, absolutely no word from anyone as to what's going on, or any ETA. Don't worry about us PME... we're just your *PAYING CUSTOMERS* no need to keep us informed or anything...
    you know there are better games out there ? Almost all of them have free trials.

Perhaps its time to give them a whirl cause its obvious PME isn't doing anything to earn your gaming dollars. Nor anyones really so it comes down to individual tolerances for such issues.

Either way I am sure PME is doing as best they can. But then again you are just asking for a word or two.

Default ok..... this is a Slightly odd

maybe they are trying to add New content or something tarabel happened on chaos how ever this dose not sound like a hard where issue so i cant say something i know nothing about
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Yeah, I was on there for a while. Saw several Chaos people.

Several of us formed a guild called "Chaotic Order". Saw another guild called "Chaos Down"

That still doesn't excuse the fact that we still have had no word about our server
    I do have to agree with you wholeheartedly, Kerech. I was under the impression that Embrys' job was to relay to us info from the rest of the team

Quote Originally Posted by Nagafen
    I’d like to introduce everyone to our new world master Embrys. He’s the first of what will eventually be numerous additions to the Horizons team. Embrys is going to be taking over the lion’s share of the communication management that I had been responsible for. I’ll still be popping into the forums, when I can and I’ll still be available via PM but, Embrys will be much more available to you, both in-game and on the boards. He also has a better working knowledge of the game, which means he’ll be helpful with the specifics that, all too often, have left me stumped.
    Oh, EMBRYS!
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Sooo is chaos up yet?

(am at work and can't check blah)
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

Default Gerrr

No and being sick and not having something to get lost in to sucks Pls help Dark answer the questions Who let the Hamsters out !

Quote Originally Posted by MadDwarf
    you know there are better games out there ? Almost all of them have free trials.

Perhaps its time to give them a whirl cause its obvious PME isn't doing anything to earn your gaming dollars. Nor anyones really so it comes down to individual tolerances for such issues.

Either way I am sure PME is doing as best they can. But then again you are just asking for a word or two.
    Yes there are other games out there. I've tried every commercially released MMORPG out there, plus some Indie ones. I've even helped develop an Indie game (did some quests and mapping).

I'm playing Vanguard right now. The sad fact is, I still enjoy playing Horizons *on Chaos*. I enjoy hanging out with the people in my guild, and building things with them, or helping with quests, etc. Last weekend, I played Vanguard on my desktop and played Horizons on my laptop at the same time - just so I could work on my lair and talk to the people in my guild who didn't have Vanguard yet.

But the more the server is acting up (and it's getting worse with each passing week it seems), the more I play other games, or work on other projects and the less I want to play Horizons.

Last night I went to Order and hung out with some Chaos players over there for a while. But it just wasn't the same. Most towns are nowhere near as built up as they are on Chaos and places I rely on when crafting just aren't there on Order. People I know, and people I can buy/sell goods with aren't there. It's just not the same. I'm not trying to put down Order, not in the least - it's just not what I'm used to on Chaos.

The hard truth is, I have a fixed amount of my income each month that I set aside for online games that I might be playing. I just added Vanguard to my list of current subscriptions, so I'll need to drop something. EII/PME is making it *real hard* for me to hang on to Horizons right now. My two accounts could be cancelled and I could move on. I hope it doesn't come to that, but weeks/months of inactivity on the part of the devs gives me no hope.

When I came back to Horizons in July of last year, I found the guild I'm currently in. Aamer Khan, long time Horizons player, was the guild master at that time. He left the game around the end of September because he could read the handwriting on the wall. I hung on, hoping he was wrong, but there has been absolutely nothing since that time to show me he wasn't right.

How many weeks has it been since Nagafen or anyone from EII/PME actually posted here? I'm not talking about WM's, I'm talking about actual PME employees? Nagafen hasn't posted in a couple months. I don't even think he's logged in to the boards in weeks. They just don't care about the player base. They are showing that more and more with every passing week.

A few weeks ago we had a rollback on Chaos. There was no explanation of why. There was nothing but a terse patch message saying they'd done the rollback. There wasn't even so much as an apology!!

Since then Chaos has contined to have problems (as evidenced by the numerous threads here the past few weeks). Other than a rare post by a WM here and there, nothing has been said about these problems.

The Blight players were dumped for Unitas... but the Unity players still can't play their characters because Unitas is not up. So I'm sure that makes the Blight players feel like they were dumped for nothing... and it drives the Unity players off because there is *no word* from EII/PME about what's going on with their characters.

I have been paying for two accounts for the past 6 months. Given the in-game populations I'm seeing lately, that $25.90 per month should matter to PME. But it obviously doesn't.

I know several people ingame right now that are playing for free, just because they know PME can't do anything about it. I could have done that - I could have played for free the past 6 months. I chose not to do that because it's wrong. And what do I get in return for my loyalty? Warnings that I will lose my plot if I don't pay up. Increasing bouts of down time with no explanation. Etc. etc.

I don't care about the lack of new content. I'm nowhere near 100 yet so there's plenty of content to keep me busy for a long time. If I could only PLAY!

If I could only PLAY!
    when did Chaos fall aney way as stated been patching cracks in eye lids for a bit now ???

It's been really laggy the past week in the early morning hours. Yesterday it went down for maintenance and as far as I know it hasn't been back up since. I was at work, so I don't know if it came up for a brief bit during the day. I only know it was down all last night and it's still down this morning.

PEACHES Pleas tell us you heard from Pei and they know whats going on aney type of Update would be helpful i want to eat Umarry the golem king maybe that might make me feal better

Thread Information