Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any update on Chaos?

Default Any update on Chaos?

Do we have any update on the progress of fixing Chaos? Or an ETA on completion?

"We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Default This pretty much covers the updates on Chaos thusfar

The Control Server for the Chaos Shard experienced a major fault/failure. The server is going to require an operating system rebuild, and perhaps the replacement of hardware, as we do not know the full extent of the damage to the server system. We will continue to work on the problem as quickly as we can and will have service restored on Chaos just as soon as humanly possible.

I think what Kerech would like to know is if any progress has been made on the recovery process and if something else should be planned for the evening besides playing Horizons.

That 'news' posting is two to three days old and I'm pretty sure he (she?) read it already. Asking for an update of stale news does not justify insulting the intelligence of the poster and readers by pasting the same stale news again.

Anyway, that being said, I'd like to know what sort of timeframe we're looking at till the shard is back up and functional, as well as whether or not there was any loss or corruption of player data. It appears that you have the ability to communicate with EI, so uhm, could you please either find these things out from them and post their response, or prod someone into posting an update?

I suppose it would be fine if you posted something like "I asked EI at 14:00 EST and didn't get a response yet." At least that would have a better effect than reposting old news.

Yeah... I could read the news update from *Thursday*

This is Saturday... I was hoping for something like "we have the hardware, we're installing it now" or "we had to order a part - it'll be 4-6 weeks" you know, something that would "update" us on the progress towards the resolution of our situation.

(I'm a 'he' by the way )

Default Prognosis

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches
    The Control Server for the Chaos Shard experienced a major fault/failure. The server is going to require an operating system rebuild, and perhaps the replacement of hardware, as we do not know the full extent of the damage to the server system. We will continue to work on the problem as quickly as we can and will have service restored on Chaos just as soon as humanly possible.
    And how many weeks will that take. This is the only thing some of us have to look forward to. But...if things take too long we are able to find other things

Diabolis

My biggest question is whether anyone is actually in Arizona and has access to the physical servers. If EI is based in Butte, Nevada, Tennessee or wherever they went to avoid various local laws, how are they going to perform these actions that cannot be done remotely?
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

I was actually wondering the same myself:
    1. Proximity to the server hardware
    2. Technical capabilities of on-site help (i.e., is there anyone that can rebuild a server from the ground up)
    3. Has anyone flown out if there's no one local available, if so, are they there yet and have they started rebuilding the server.

I figured if someone had to fly out that it would likely be this coming week before we saw any progress, but nice to know to not bother checking until Tusday, or next Friday or ... well, along those lines.

Chaos Shard Update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chaos’s control server has had a major hardware failure. We are currently working to configure the control server settings on a different server so we can bring the shard back online.

That is more informative. Thank you.

Yes, thanks for the update

so....is that like Monday, Tuesday....or like maybe sometime this weekend?

On the login screen:

We will keep you informed on what is happening every few hours both here and on the forums.
    We will hold you to that

GM_DarkEnigmaa
    Executive GM, E I Interactive

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Choas's Control Server hardware has been repaired and we are now configuring the software.

Yay

It sounds hopeful...

Awesome news

Happy for the good news and happy for the updated information

Yer the best, Peaches!
    Casius, first lvl 100 Dragon.

Achiever 66.67%, Explorer 53.33%, Socializer 46.67% Killer 33.33%

February 3rd, 2007 until March 6th, 2007
    EIHorizons
    Horizons Management Team

Please be advised, the Chaos Control Server rebuild is complete. We are now in the final phases of testing numerous software configurations and the like. Just as soon as the testing is complete and we have confirmed proper operations, we will bring Chaos back online.

Thank you all again for your patience during this problem, we know everyone is eager to get back online, and we are sorry for all the problems this hardware failure has caused. We will let you know how the testing turned out, just as soon as we know.

Thanks,

The Horizons Team

Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

I wonder though, since it had problems with this control server, did maintenance ever occur last Wednesday? Will we still have downtime for maintenance? Well, whether we do or don't, it doesn't matter at this point, as long as we know that Chaos is healthy again

Thanks for the updates, they have done much to improve morale.

Talking Dont we all feal a bit follishes

this shows that they are doing exactly what they stated they are working on unity that is why there on silent running they have taken care of this Problem with lightning fast efficiency i at first predicted at least 3 - 6 weeks not 2-6 days i think major Props should go to Pei and we should have all learned a lesson

to Pei i congratulate you on Being so fast in doing a Compleat system rebuild WTG!!!!!
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Thread Information