Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Special Thank you

Default A Special Thank you

To, GM DarkEnigmaa, Rick Simmons, and Jeff Gully, for the special help, the hard work, in bringing Chaos back online. Way to go, you all should stand very proud for this.
    And yes, thank you too, to Lime Light as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, very many thanks to all of you and for devoting your weekend to getting the Chaos situation resolved!

Appreciate all the hard work and the updates once the issue was identified.

Thanks

Indeed, good job and thanks for the hard work!

TelShyia

Talking

yes, to soars the skies once again! ty ty ty!

Many thanks to all those that worked hard to fix the Chaos server!
    Many thanks for the increased communications towards the end there!
    Many thanks to Peaches for doing her very best to provide information and moderate these boards !

Vanguard Faction
    "We suck less than the rest !"
    "Beauty fades...Dumb is forever"
    "Don't pee on my leg and then tell me it's raining"
    www.lhguild.com

I'll give thanks and credit where it is due. Thank you Rick and Jeff, without you two the lights may have never come back on again. Was good to see the 'communication' start from EI once you two gave some hope.

*Does happy dance*
    Bless you for restoring our world. Hope you can rest and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

huzzah and kudos to all who put in the extra effort and made the fix happen! excellent work!!! :-)

I hope they have also asked the both how to set up Unitas.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Thank you for all your work and taking your weekend away from family and friends to restore Chaos.
    Qarana
    Fist of the North, Order

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan
    I really hope they have done that Takora.

These days felt really bad especially because it felt like i had to move out for a third time.

i'd like to thank the players of Order for their effort in making our stay pleasent.

Some have been restokking the New Trismus consigner so all us new players would be able to have all the needed cargo disks and tools and weaponry.

Special thanks to Sonea for making some weapons and armour for Beardly.

Thanks to you two for casting Primal Rebirth / Superior Ressurect on Chaos, where can I send the keg of ale?
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Default :)

Yep, yep! Danke! Now I can get back to making Giant Ice Beetles exctinct! Weee!
    Casius, first lvl 100 Dragon.

Achiever 66.67%, Explorer 53.33%, Socializer 46.67% Killer 33.33%

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan

For those two to have helped they probably wanted to be paid before hand. Given that past checks were like rubber and bounced all over the place. I doubt any other help was offered other than getting the small control server back up and running.

To get Unitas up and running would require a lot more time than those two are willing to spend without some up front cash.

Please note all mention of Unitas has been removed from this domain in its entirety. Perhaps an announcement is forthcoming then as to its status ?

However it is good to see that the folks on Chaos can finally play again.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDwarf
    For those two to have helped they probably wanted to be paid before hand. Given that past checks were like rubber and bounced all over the place. I doubt any other help was offered other than getting the small control server back up and running
    We can all speculate...or, well, some of us might be interested in speculating as to the financial arrangements of how and why the server came up, but really, the only ones that know are the PME/EI management and the individuals involved themselves.

All I know is that the individuals mentioned put a lot of hard work and long hours into getting our shard back up and running and I appreciate that deeply.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDwarf
    To get Unitas up and running would require a lot more time than those two are willing to spend without some up front cash.

Please note all mention of Unitas has been removed from this domain in its entirety. Perhaps an announcement is forthcoming then as to its status ?

Thanks. I will remind your positive attitude towards the EU players when they pull the plug of your server.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    If there wasn't enough players on Unity for GN to be profitable, why would there be for EI? It makes zero business sense for Unitas to ever happen. The number of Unity players is way way too small.

bingo

consider as well the technical limitations of forming a standard server from Blight. Was has been stated as and confirmed by those who know to be both a physical and coded part of both order and chaos. It is possible that PME had no idea this was the case or did not fully understand this fact.

As to the rest yes Im sure some hours were spent getting the server back up. But thats whats expected in IT at least in the real world anyway.

Well guys if you all think that Unity wont happen anytime soon, is it safe to assume that Blight may come back on line as it was or Blight is also a pipe dream of coming back up ?
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

Many thanks to Rick and Jeff for getting Chaos up and running again!

I honestly never expected Jeff to work with EI again, all things considered, and held very little hope that Chaos would be restored without his help. Restoring Chaos was obviously a team effort and everyone involved has my deepest gratitude, but Jeff deserves an extra tip of the hat and I sincerely hope we'll be seeing more of him on maintenance days.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    If there wasn't enough players on Unity for GN to be profitable, why would there be for EI? It makes zero business sense for Unitas to ever happen. The number of Unity players is way way too small.
    Well it was not our desicion that we started on a EU Shard, as you know in the beginning you COULDN'T open a NA account without a American CC. If you got a Eu card you got automatically redirectet to the eu page.

And when ei should think in a bussines way like you said, then should they merge chaos and order. There are hardly enough players on both servers to be profitable for EI.

Thread Information