View Poll Results: do you play another MMORPG now?

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

70 43.75%
  • Yes but i still play HZ

43 26.88%
  • No

31 19.38%
  • No i play no MMORPG at all anymore

16 10.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how many of the hz veterans are playing now another MMORPG?

Hybrid View

Post how many of the hz veterans are playing now another MMORPG?

this is no rant

i only want to get some numbers, im just curious

Default I voted for "No, i play ... anymore"

... because i turned back to SRPG atm.

I found that "Dark Messiah of M&M" was really funny. It showed me what was possible in Graphics and Gameplay (man, the Physics engine of that game is AWESOME!)

Trying to get my hands on Gothic 3 now - i loved part 1 and 2 of that - to keep myself busy until (end of) march. If Unitas isn't up by that time i'll drop a tear for HZ and turn to another MMORPG - maybe Vanguard.

same here, Hagen, I do not play at all.

Flame`s playing Vanguard and is happy, that he does not have to share
    online time with me

Good idea, Vliss- and greetings to your Lady

I would Vanguard kick right in the basket when I could play Horizons again, but I can't so I play meanwhile VG in hopeing that I can one day fly in the Istarian skies again.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Have been playing Vanguard since the open beta. But today I canned my subsciption. It's very buggy and I just get bored with playing it. If they don't get Unitas up and running soon..............................well i just hope they do I guess.
    Maturity is overrated

Hope nobody laughs, but i'm enjoying Ultima 9 more than ever before; for the next mmorpg Vanguard will prolly be a valuable choice.
    Greetings,
    Knud

Quote Originally Posted by HAG
    ... because i turned back to SRPG atm.

I found that "Dark Messiah of M&M" was really funny. It showed me what was possible in Graphics and Gameplay (man, the Physics engine of that game is AWESOME!)

Trying to get my hands on Gothic 3 now - i loved part 1 and 2 of that - to keep myself busy until (end of) march. If Unitas isn't up by that time i'll drop a tear for HZ and turn to another MMORPG - maybe Vanguard.
    Played Gothic 3 myself, and unfortunatly I have to say it's probarbly the worst bugged game I ever experienced in my entire life. It has the same feel as the two old gothic games, but the new combat system is horribly broken with stun locks that means 1 mistake and the angry boar will kill you is just 1 eksample. The history in the game and the option to choose side is really nice, just be very carefull about choosing side in the beginning, beacus again the game is bugged so that you potentially have a show stopper on your hands. If you loved the 2 first gothic games then try it, but don't get your hopes to high, bring a healthy dose of patience, and if you are a person that easyly get's frustrated then don't touch this game at all.
    Uroloki Chaos (Unity)(ice)

Horizons is still the one and only for me.. for now. If any other MMORPG ever has playable dragons in it, though, you can count me in.

100/100/90
    Ancient dragoness of Order - Retired

I'm in vanguard, and loving it.
    Performance is as smooth as WoW for me, except when in a craft area, so many players there that I slow to 5-10 fps.
    It has everything I want from a mmorpg; housing, fun and meaningfull crafting, sailing, flight, player economy, the works basicly.
    It's missing one thing, I can't play a dragon.
    I can get my dragon fix, in a way, through a Wyrm mount and styling my characters a bit draconic.
    Rolled a Kojani human, they are based on a mix between feudal japan and china. Named him Kobal Quinglong (chinese for blue dragon)
    Going to roll a dark elf alt. Takora told me they can summon dragon helpers and worship a dragon god.

I got a few hours of lotro beta in at a friends place.
    It's not a vision of tolkiens works I want to play in.
    It feels to cramped and for some reason I feel it's to cartoony.
    This is a bit weird since I can't say it really does look very cartoony and I have no problem with wow's cartoon style.
    Yeah, I'm weird that way apparently.
    Last edited by Cobal; February 18th, 2007 at 01:23 AM.
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Currently I play Eve online and also thinking about giving vanguard a try, I gave up on horizons ( again ) after they broke their promises on unitas and the copy of blight characters to live shards.

Edit:

It dont take 2 months to copy characters to another server, and what we all been thru the last 6 - 8 months clearly proves that PME dont have the knowedge of how the game works or any careing about their subscribers. You dont believe me? Hope on over to savage eden and see.
    Last edited by Cromos_Swordbreaker; February 10th, 2007 at 01:50 PM.
    Chromos - 100 Ancient Lunus, 100 DragonCrafter,100 Lairshaper
    Titles - Expert DragonCrafter - Expert Lairshaper

At the moment I am trying Bounty Bay Online, which is currently in it's Open Beta in Germany (don't know about US or UK Servers, the one I am on is german only).
    Why? Because all the active members that were left in my guild went there and enjoyed it...

I have to say, that it's quite interesting, but I am still not sure, if I really want to play another MMORPG... some things in my live would be much easier without any MMORPG.. hm...

But I'm still waiting for unitas and hope to see some of you again, at least for the first few weeks...
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

I'm not playing anything. I have yet to find a game with an atmosphere I enjoy, and I don't feel pressured to grind/keep up with levels. Too many grouping required games out there.

thanks lovwyrm ^^ i hope you and your husband is fine too!! Greetings to you two :-)

@all i hope you are all fine and enjoy your life!!! Time is too important to waste with worries. I wish you all a great year 2007!

im playing DDO atm and i really enjoy it with my wife.

My time with HZ is over but i hope that Unitas will go online soon and all other problems with HZ will be solved, so you can play HZ with new fun!

I've been flying around in EVE for 18 months now, as well as in Hz. My main is Avaleric, so look me up. I'll set up a channel calles Horizons...

march 30 I will be in LoTR. I'll play hz on LoTR maintenance day
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Playing Vanguard and enjoying it. I will try LOTR open beta if I can, but not having a true caster class may keep me away.Otherwise I will be waiting for Spellborn to start in America since thats the game that really has my attention.
    Brain: It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob.
    Pinky: You have no idea.

There's nothing like Horizons was out there. I play WoW now, mostly because that's what my family moved too.

If you don't see me here, try looking up Tebbata on the horde side of Sentinals.

Default Re: how many of the hz veterans are playing now another MMORPG?

I'll boldly claim myself to be a former veteran, having spent quite a while playing this game. I'll always remember it for the friends I have made and the wonderful community that vastly outshines any other gaming community I've been a part of.

That said, I moved on to world of warcraft a while ago and logged in once or twice since then, just to see who was still around. My decision was made mostly out of boredom, lack of content, and general broken game mechanics as it pertained to the multiclassing system. (A wonderful concept that failed).

Default Re: how many of the hz veterans are playing now another MMORPG?

I'm playing WoW with my friends, and I've tested LotRO a bit. That's all I can do as there is no Unity/Unitas. Dude, where's my shard??

Thread Information