View Poll Results: do you play another MMORPG now?

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

70 43.75%
  • Yes but i still play HZ

43 26.88%
  • No

31 19.38%
  • No i play no MMORPG at all anymore

16 10.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: how many of the hz veterans are playing now another MMORPG?

sorry, but dragons as pets? BAH! i play an adult dragon, i would rather be the dragon instead of have it as a pet. i will continue to play Horizons until it;s servers go offline permenently, if it ever happens. and i will not play another until another one like HZ comes around. i am too proud to be a dragon.

As for myself I am almost always game hopping from one to the other mostly because i have so many that are free and available to me, though i always come back to my home, horizons. No matter how bad things seem to be getting.

Gegis, Dranslin, Anvault, Kanmiel (Order)

Quote Originally Posted by Romirez
    sorry, but dragons as pets? BAH! i play an adult dragon, i would rather be the dragon instead of have it as a pet. i will continue to play Horizons until it;s servers go offline permenently, if it ever happens. and i will not play another until another one like HZ comes around. i am too proud to be a dragon.
    Better to have a a dragon as friend and a dragon what you can ride than having no dragon. Be glad that you can still play Hz, I can't.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan
    Better to have a a dragon as friend and a dragon what you can ride than having no dragon. Be glad that you can still play Hz, I can't.
    Noone say you cant.
    Yes you are right you cant play Takora on Unity or Blight but you can still make new dragie and play on Order/Chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Godly
    Noone say you cant.
    Yes you are right you cant play Takora on Unity or Blight but you can still make new dragie and play on Order/Chaos.
    For what reason? Do you really think i give the company that killed my dragon money? Better ethernal slumber than a fake-Takora.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

I think I've pretty much given up hope here. I (finally) got someone to let me login here, months after my first try.

I'm playing WoW now, that's where my friends and family play. It nowhere near as awesome as playing a dragon, but I suppose until EI gets their act together and makes Horizons a competing force in MMORPGs again we'll just have to go on with our lives.

I'd prefer to keep playing Horizons, but it's hard to play in a ghost town.

HZ will be nothing more than a small market niche game now, even if it survives much longer. EI saw to that. It never was going to be a major player in the mmo market, but it had a fairly solid future in front of it until EI got their dirty paws onto it. I would never have thought to see such inept management of a game and it's community like this. Lets hope that nobody in the industry will ever do any business with this company again. They are surely bad news.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire
    HZ will be nothing more than a small market niche game now, even if it survives much longer. EI saw to that. It never was going to be a major player in the mmo market, but it had a fairly solid future in front of it until EI got their dirty paws onto it. I would never have thought to see such inept management of a game and it's community like this. Lets hope that nobody in the industry will ever do any business with this company again. They are surely bad news.
    It's less than a small market , niche game now. It doesn't have a market anymore. PME is only milking every last penny they can out of it...soon as it starts to run in the red ...they will pull the plug. I can only assume that they are running Horizons with really low overhead to even keep it alive this long. I can tell ya this...after 3 years of playing ..with 3 accounts...they aren't getting a single penny from me again.

Playing Vanguard and lovin it !

Vanguard Faction
    "We suck less than the rest !"
    "Beauty fades...Dumb is forever"
    "Don't pee on my leg and then tell me it's raining"
    www.lhguild.com

Hello

subbed to WoW (EU - Hellscream), betatesting LOTRO (not convinced with graphics however, altho the snow looks like Hz snow ) Have played Ryzom, luckily got off island pre sale and tried ROSE Online. Occasionally bounce in and out of EQ2 (it takes me about a day to remember why I cancelled the last time) Missing Hz, recently started missing sandstone nodes for some weird reason lol, and obviously all the friends who watched me bounce about on cola all day ^^
    Just had second child, so MMO life is considerably shorter

BTW u can contact me on MSN - [email protected]

Sianan + Pooki + Lotus Blossom

An update to my LotRO post above; I was invited into closed beta the day before the stress test took place, and I've been playing ever since. It's pretty well known now that the game runs well and smoothly, with surprisingly few bugs. It is charming, fun, and capable of evoking a sense of wonder. The Shire and early Elvish areas which are all I've seen so far are great. Feels like home.

Should old age someday call the Istarian hamsters to their final Gifting, then perhaps LotRO could help fill the loss of that which was, and that which could have been.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

I still play a tale in the desert which is a crafter game for all those intrested but nowdays i play final fantasy 12 on my ps2 and thats totally awesome i love it

Currently in LOTRO beta, have joined a fun guild. One thing that's struck me about the game is the relative maturity of the players and chat channels. I've already pre-ordered for retail release.

Playing WoW also

....................................... <-- watch out for the ant-trail!
    In the void.
    Unity: 100/100 Lunus

Since I would need to get a new pc to play any of the new mmo's, and that doesn't look to be in my near future, I've been playing my xbox 360 to handle my gaming fix. Having fun playing on xbox live on games like Rainbow 6 las vegas.
    GhostRdr - Formerly GM of the guild previously known as The Dark Council

Accomplishments
    Adv. - 100 Reaver, Healer, Shaman, Conjurer, Spiritist, Guardian, Sorcerer, Wizard, Mage

Craft - 100 Blacksmith, Mason, Weaponsmith, Fitter, Spellcrafter

Moved on from the realm of Istaria since August 2006

Quote Originally Posted by GhostRdr
    Since I would need to get a new pc to play any of the new mmo's, and that doesn't look to be in my near future, I've been playing my xbox 360 to handle my gaming fix. Having fun playing on xbox live on games like Rainbow 6 las vegas.
    Age of Conan is being developed for the Xbox 360 as well as for the PC.

I know everyone is fond of their in-game homes, in-game friends.

But there ARE other worlds, other homes, other friends out there.

Plus, you could probably take your friends with you...

I've been playing WOW. It's got a fair amount of content, but the world is basically static. The pvp can be fun, but thats pretty much what the end-game is. The crafting is very basic. No property can be owned.

Vanguard I have not yet tried, but it sounds alot like Horizons. One interesting thing is has is shipbuilding, and battles at sea is something planned for the game. If anyone has played Vanguard and can give an opinion, be nice to hear it.

*waves to the friends still living in Istaria*

*points to the thread on VG*...

It was nothing like Horizons to me *shrugs*
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    I know everyone is fond of their in-game homes, in-game friends.

But there ARE other worlds, other homes, other friends out there.

Plus, you could probably take your friends with you...

I've been playing WOW. It's got a fair amount of content, but the world is basically static. The pvp can be fun, but thats pretty much what the end-game is. The crafting is very basic. No property can be owned.

Vanguard I have not yet tried, but it sounds alot like Horizons. One interesting thing is has is shipbuilding, and battles at sea is something planned for the game. If anyone has played Vanguard and can give an opinion, be nice to hear it.

*waves to the friends still living in Istaria*
    There is a thread here with several posts with different points of view. I think you can get a good idea about Vanguard. I'm playing it and loving it. Performance has gotten much better and majority of the problems at launch are now gone....anyways...check out that thread.

Vanguard Faction
    "We suck less than the rest !"
    "Beauty fades...Dumb is forever"
    "Don't pee on my leg and then tell me it's raining"
    www.lhguild.com

The Main Hall of Khazad-dum, fighting for freedom

Dont know if i can be counted as a veteran, but for those who do remember ol Fhrain Fireheart /wave

Im currently playing World of Warcraft and have for some time. While i do miss the community feeling that Horizons offered there is simply nothing that has caught my interest gamewise as WoW has. I try my best to ignore the 12 year olds and it seems to work

Anyone playing WoW can poke me on Arathor server, either on my Dwarf Fhrain or my shaman Bloodsnout (In honor of good ol Umgruk and his mask!).

Tried LOTR and sadly it didnt blow me away as i had hoped. I`ll give it a second chance after release i reckon, but im not sure i will be convinced.
    "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!!"

Fhrain Fireheart
    Dwarven Berserker at Night, Paladin in the Day
    --Pain is Temporary, Glory is Eternal--

Hey, i remember you, ya crazed dwarf..

Oh, those where the days, running around just chillin and RP:ing in the "silver leaf inn" channel, and playing with a community unlike any other iwe come across in my desperate search for a similar mmo..

Yes, as i mentioned in my "Farewell" post, iwe been playing eq2, but quit after about one and a half years ago when all my friends there moved to WoW..

So i tagged along but got bored quite fast, tried EVE, auto assault, City of Heroes, DDO (had potential, but no..) and all kinds of strange games..

Have given up on mmo:s completely now, trying to be a bit social and stuff.
    Aenos on the Unity Shard
    One of those rare Helians. [Retired]
    draggy adventurer lev 100 / crafter lev 81

Thread Information