Silithus and the newly ascended Drayca,
    do this day request your
    joyful presence at their BONDING on
    SATURDAY, February 18, 2007
    at 9:30 p.m. Central Time
    on the Floating Island

Elder Icabald Percival Dragon
    will be officiating

Come one and all to help us celebrate the bonding of these two dragons in the sight of Drulkar and all of Istaria. Deck yourselves in your finest! Break out your dancing boots and slippers! Roll out the Barrels of Granny Snuffles finest! We have a Party for all to attend!

It is also a tradition among the Dragon Kin to have multiple bondings during any given event. Thus, the invitation is also given to any other couples who wish to bind their hearts into one to contact Icabald Percival any time during this week either here in the forums, in game, or at the Shard Hearld office at [email protected] (The spaces in the e-mail address are underscores.) I look forward to hearing from any who would like to plight their troth

Icabald Percival Dragon
    Ancient of Days and GM of the Elder Spirits
    Helian Keeper of Lore

Default Correction To The Date! Please Note

the edit tab is missing *grumbles*

the day is SATURDAY.
    the date is :
    FEBRUARY 17, 2007

*Hates making a mistake like that as he throws away the old calendar . . .*

Icabald

*chuckles*

I wish I could be there, but I shall be out of town that night. Good luck to those bonding, I hope you get a good turnout for such a glorious event. Icabald will be a great officiator, can't think of too many other dragons outside mine own I'd want to lead the historical ceremony!

Happy Bonding!!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

*Blushes deeply at the complement* Thank you Frith-Rae . . . you honor me with your confidence. We will be sure to post the proceedings so that all well wishers may share the occassion in their own time.

Icabald

i got a video of the Ceremony, and i will put it here, VIA Icabald's direction.

Default Log og the Bonding Ritual of Silithus and Drayca

Well folks. Here it is. For those who were able to attend, I would like to extend my thanks for your participation. For those who could not be there, I hope that you will enjoy this record of the proceedings

For the first half hour the friends and family of the two who were to be Bonded gathered on the Floating Island. Some, like Finn, found themselves lost in the mazes of Tazoon, looking for the Portal, while others, such as poor Saphire, hovered in limbo twix land and sky, some were challenged by the demons of the the air yanking them out of Istaria altogether! As Silithus and Drayca concentrated on keeping their nerves in check, the younger guests indulged in a Snowball fight. But soon, all, or nearly all were gathered safely in one spot and it was time to begin the Ceremony at last!

Silithus tells you, 'Alright, lets start this thing.'
    Icabald 's heart swells with a proud joy as he looks out over those assembled in this place, overwhelmed by the unity of Spirit manifesting itself for this moment in time
    Finn sneezes again.
    Icabald smiles
    Twiggie says, 'sorry Finn'
    IceRover hides his laughter

Icabald modulates his voice so that his words may be heard by all assembled. Taking a deep breath to steady his excitement . . . .
    You say, 'Glit'sita ALL! Welcome Dragon kin! Welcome to all those who call themselves FRIENDS and COMRADES!'
    Icabald sits on his haunches with his arms open wide to include EVERYONE in his greeting
    Silithus nuzzles Drayca softly.
    Scaleeth says, '((oh no I think I am gunna crash....))'

You say, 'I hope that you all know each other???'
    Morgahn says, '((ahh! not another!!))'
    You say, 'Silithus? is there anyone special you would like us to meet before we begin?'
    Silithus nods.
    Delight is overjoyed to see all the old friends gathered and the new comrades
    You say, 'The floor is yours '

Silithus says, 'Would Morgahn and Kakia come forward?'
    Two frisking red hatchlings romp up to Silithus and Drayca, jaws agape with joy.
    Silithus nuzzles the hatchlings.
    Silithus says, 'We would like everyone to meet our two aoretan.'

Icabald’s eyes grow wide at the sight of the 2 hatchlings
    You say, 'Glit'sita, Little Ones!'
    Scaleeth says, 'You match!'
    Scaleeth says, 'Glit'sita!'
    Delight purrs a gentle greeting to the younglings
    Drayca echenne the aoreten and beams
    Almara says, 'greetings fellow hatchlings'
    IceRover says, 'Hail Little Hatchies '
    Morgahn says, 'Glit'sita!'
    Hurik nots happily saying "well met"
    Finn says, 'Hi ho!'

Kakia says, 'Glit'sita everyone!'
    You say, 'Welcome to the family of the gifted!'
    Tagath says, 'Greetings.'
    Drasdil says, 'well met'
    [MarketPlace: saphire] is it just me or is portaling getting longer
    Icabald nods to the hatchlings,
    Veshta smiles
    [MarketPlace: Drasdil] it's not just you Saphire

You say, 'You may sit with you parents OR return to the midst of those gathered'
    Morgahn says, 'Where would you like us, a'mea?'
    You say, 'But it is time to get this joyous event under way!'
    Drayca nudges the aoreten to go sit with the others
    Morgahn says, 'A'na a'mea!'
    [Group: IceRover] Shymmer is here!

You say, 'Thank you all for coming this day to help us celebrate the union of two hearts by participating with us in this ancient and most sacred Bonding Ritual of Dragonkind'
    'Under the Beneficent gaze of Drulkar himself and the everwatchful protective wing of the Sleeper,'
    Drayca smiles
    You say, 'we enter into this Ritual with the full knowledge that the love of these two hearts will be strengthened and bring forth the joy of life for ever and ever!'
    [Group: Morgahn] Shymmer is on!!!
    You say, 'Or, at least, we can all HOPE it will be forever . . . '
    Icabald smiles toothily with a light chuckling rumble

Kakia sits, glad to not be on the stage.
    [Group: Icabald] Invite her up
    Delight dabs eyes and sniffs
    Shymmer has joined the group.
    Shymmer has been promoted to a group leader.
    Almara looks on in wonder

You say, 'But, before we ask for Drulkar's blessings, I want to give instructions to those who received firesworks when they arrived. Please hold onto them until AFTER the Benediction -- then , let them fly
    You say, 'Before we begin in earnest, I would like to ask that everyone who is here to please form a single Great Circle with the Males on one side and the females on the other.'
    'Silithus and Drayca? Will you please position yourselves in the center of your half of the Great Circle?'

[Group: Shymmer] <smiles> Good evening
    Icabald motions to everyone.
    ‘Come on Let us make a circle around the walkway where Drayca and Silithus are standing’
    Scaleeth says, 'Uuummmm...'
    Veshta looks confused for a moment

Icabald pointing to the right and left of the happy couple . . . .
    You say, 'The rest of you, please stand on either side of either Silithus or Drayca. In this manner we do show our Unity with one another and our support of the two who are to be Bonded. It is customary for any MATES in our gathering to stand opposite one another so that they may silently renew their bonding as well'

At this point, the guests took a little time to sort themselves out into their respective halves of the Great Circle. There was much laughter and good humor expressed by all. It seems that some are confused by the simple concept of Male and Female
    At his time, Shymmer also arrived to join into the festivities, to the great surprise and joy
    Of all those who know her . . . .
    Finally, we are ready to begin. I, Icabald Percival Dragon, picked up where I had left off saying,

You say, 'Mighty Drulkar, come gaze upon your children who stand before you'
    Tagath lifts his head to the sky.
    You say, 'pledging their love, their hearts, and their Devotion to one another. Bless them with your Peace and wisdom.'
    Silithus lifts his head.
    You say, 'O everwatchful Sleeper! Stand by them, lend them your strength and constancy as they stand shoulder to shoulder defying the enemies of Istaria and of all the Gifted!'
    You say, 'Bless them with hearts brave and true.'
    Scaleeth lifts her head and looks to the clouds.
    You say, 'From the fires of the Ancient homes of Drulker and of Dralk to the cool mountains of Chiconis we dragons do stand before you today as one -- among ourselves as well as with the Great Hearts of all the Living Races'
    'Bless us all -- everyone to his kind -- for the blessing of Istaria!'
    Icabald lowers his head and lovingly rumbles
    You say, 'A'kei neio Drulkar. May it be so!'

Icabald beams at Silithus and Drayca as they stand expectantly facing one another across the center of the Great Circle
    You say, 'Silithus? Drayca? Are you certain in the deepest chambers of your hearts that you do so desire to be Bonded in the sight of Drulkar, the Sleeper and of all those gathered here with you?'
    Drayca nods lovingly
    Silithus says, 'Yes! *Rumbles, gazing into Drayca's eyes*'
    Icabald smiles solemnly as he swallows hard to control his own nervousness
    IceRover smiles

You say, 'Then, please step forward into the center of the Great Circle with me.'
    'Face one another -- snout to snout '
    Morgahn hears her tummy rumble
    Icabald rears back onto his haunches, raising his right claw aloft, holding a glittering orb that slowly shifts thru the hues of the rainbow . . .
    Icabald looks at the pair intently . . .

You say, 'I will ask you the 3 questions of Bonding.'
    'Speak truely your answers and they shall be preserved in this Orb of Devotion.'
    'Sing well your Song of Devotion *smiles* for it, too, shall be preserved so that you may never forget what you are feeling this day. '
    'It is my gift to you for a Remembrance. A'kei neio Drulkar! May it be so!'
    Almara says, 'a'mea'

Icabald smiles reassurance to them.
    You say, 'Do the two of you swear to love each other, to embrace the bond that you have forged, and to revel in the life that you will share together?'
    Silithus says, 'I do. '
    You say, 'Drayca?'
    Drayca says, 'with all my heart'
    IceRover sheds a tear
    Drayca says, 'I do'
    Shymmer lays down quietly and tenderly nuzzles Almara, smiling fondly.
    Delight sniffles

You say, 'Do the two of you swear to protect one another, to nurture and to grow together?'
    Drayca says, 'I do'
    Silithus says, 'I do.'

You say, 'Do the two of you swear that your love burns for only one another as true mates?'
    Morgahn snuffles
    Drayca says, 'I do'
    Icabald looks at the speechless pair expectantly
    Silithus says, 'I do.'
    IceRover sniffles

You say, 'Then, I now ask that you exchange your gifts of Bonding here before Drulkar, the Sleeper and all who are gathered. Once you have exchanged the gifts, you may sing your Song of Devotion. May it be a glorious thing to hear!'
    Icabald steps back, grinning as he settles into a comfortable position so that he can listen and remember.
    Veshta pats her eyes with a cloth
    Shymmer looks at the two in proud fondness.

Silithus says, '*Nuzzles* Would you like to go first, sebenne?'

Drayca says, 'My first gift for you, shows my deepening love and devotion to you...my first gift is my heart. It will beat in rythym of my love for you, for all time.'

Morgahn nuzzles Shymmer with tears in her eyes
    Delight dabs at it's eyes and sniffles
    Drayca scuffs claws on the ground and coughs weakly
    Romirez wonders if it just started

Drayca says, 'My second gift for you is.....my wings. These wings will soar my love and devotion for you, to the heavens, as we fly as one.'
    Drayca raises a wing to cover her face as she starts to cry. Then looks adoringly at Silithus
    Icabald smiles tenderly
    Drayca clears her throat with a low rumble and swishes her tail from side to side nervousely
    Drayca stares deeply into Silithus's eyes

'A shadow slips over the land in silent waves amidst a darkening world.'
    (Silithus looks nervous, and brings forth his gifts.)
    'Beneath stars turning on one by one, like red shimmering scales I move across the skies, while the earth turns beneath my flight.'
    (Silithus continues to listen.)
    'Down below, a dragon waits, reaching through the great unseen, anchoring her soul to his.'
    'Glittering stars nestle into the bed of night, over the shadowed form of a dragon's never-ending soar into the heavens.'
    'In my flight, stars kept me company, even as I searched the world for you.'
    'Er Vorel Daradtrix...You are my hero, my friend, and my love...You are my bright star at night...You are my sunlight before days end...You will forever be in my heart and mind's sight.'

Drayca eyes shine as the begin to fill with tears of joy

IceRover sheds another tear
    Delight snuffles
    Almara wipes a tear off on Shymmers chest scales
    You say, 'Well said Drayca Very, very nice *sighs*'
    Shymmer gently licks Almara's face, her own eyes misting with joyful tears.
    Silithus nuzzles Drayca, speechless.
    Morgahn beams at her a'mea and a'meo
    Drayca tells you, 'thank you'
    Scaleeth sniffles.

You say, 'Silithus???'
    Drayca softly nudges Silithus

Silithus says, 'My first gift is. . . . [<!--LI 11301209 11312397>Shimmering Scale<!--/LI>] To represent my heart and soul, for they are yours for eternity.'
    Icabald can't wait to see . . .

Silithus says, 'My second.. . A simple [<!--LI 11301209 12073314>Viridian Crystalline Lattice<!--/LI>] to represent all that I do, I do for you, and hope that our bond remains as strong as these crystals.'
    Scaleeth sniffles.
    Delight blows nose and wipes away tears
    Drayca stares deeply into Silithus's eyes
    You say, 'Awwwwwwwwww *silly grin of approval for that gift*'
    IceRover sniffles as a flow of tears drip down his cheeks
    Romirez watches with interest, for he has not been to a Bonding before

Silithus says, 'My third gift, is this<!--/LI> claw [<!--LI 11301209 11246304>Socketed Citrine Tipped Dragon Claw of Ferocity<!--/LI>] which represents our strength, and that I will forever be there to protect you.'
    Drayca sniffles back her tears
    Morgahn hopes to someday bond with a strong, sweet, handsome dragon like her a'meo
    Silithus clears his throat nervously, then begins his song..

'Once a wild creature,'
    I grew from youth alone.'
    'Fell to deaths dark reaper,'
    'Many times without a home.'

'Once a lonely hatchling,'
    'I fought to become an elder.'
    'Ever since my hatching,'
    'My heart has been asunder.'

'Once a fearsome dragon,'
    (Icabald nods in empathy)
    'I roamed the lands in search.'
    (Twiggie sways to the rhythm)
    'A being of abandon,'
    'I surveyed all from my perch.'

'I spoke to a wise one,'
    'Brought forth my hearts plee.'
    'Would you help me find one,'
    'A dragoness for me?'

'That is when we met,'
    'O jewel of my heart.'
    'I will forever remember the event,'
    'And hope we shall never part!'

'Now I find a happiness,'
    'Not evident before.'
    'Everytime I see your loveliness,'
    'I cannot wait for more!'

'There cannot be a saying,'
    'A word that can be unfurled.'
    , 'That can convey the feeling,'
    'How much you brighten my world!'

'And with this humble song,'
    'I spread my wings before you.'
    Silithus spreads his wings.
    'I ask of a bond,'
    'To show how much I love you!'

Silithus ends his song, losing himself in the soulful depths of Drayca's eyes.
    Drayca covers her face with her wing, to cover her tears of adoring joy at Silithus's song
    Delight wails and wipes eyes
    Shymmer gently rubs her cheek against her foreleg, wiping away the errant tears tickling her scales.
    IceRover cries
    Scaleeth tries to hide her tears.

Icabald resumes his feet and smiles broadly. Holding his arms opened wide, he can no longer contain himself . . .
    'May Drulkar watch over you both, never to be parted -- together in body, soul, and heart!'
    Almara snuffles quietly against Shymmers chest
    Icabald lifting his head he bugles
    'DRULKAR! Bless Silithus and Drayca and all who have witnessed this Bonding of love! A'KEI NEIO DRULKAR! MAY IT BE SO!'

Sental applauds.
    Finn begins cheering wildly.
    Delight roars approval
    Veshta dabs at her eyes again
    IceRover cheers
    You shout, 'let the party of celebration commence!'

Amidst the whistles and explosion of Astounding Fireworks, the guests cheered and congratulated the happy couple. Creamed Shimmering Ice Crystals were served to all
    while the rowdier guests tried to find a Dorf to dunk in the barrel of Granny Snuffle’s Finest. Gifts and well wishes were given. The merrymaking continued on thru the night until it was time for all to return home to their beds, with happy smiles and visions of soaring dragons flashing in their heads.

[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i228/I_Percival_Dragon/SilithusandDrayca--theguestsaregath.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i228/I_Percival_Dragon/SilithusandDrayca--GreatCircle.jpg[/IMG]

[IMGhttp://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i228/I_Percival_Dragon/SilithusandDraycaexchangingvows2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i228/I_Percival_Dragon/SilithusandDrayca--morefireworks.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i228/I_Percival_Dragon/SilithusandDrayca--celebratingdrago.jpg[/IMG]

[IMGhttp://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i228/I_Percival_Dragon/SilithusandDraycaBondingviewofevery.jpg[/IMG]

lovely ceremony, the pics are great, wish i could have been there! thank you for sharing the recording of the event! and many, many happy wishes in the years to come for the bonded silithus & drayca!!! :-)

http://www.freewebs.com/silithuslair/family.JPG

((Drayca, Silithus, Kakia, Morgahn.))

oocily: so glad to read the ceremony and see the language alive in well in the younguns .

IC however Frith would have both intellectually wondered how it was possible for hatchlings to have babies before they reached sexual maturity, and frowned upon the possibility - as well as them having hatchlings before they were bonded XD. I mean, she's proper dragon for a reason.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

((Silithus))
    Ooc- We decided to introduce them during ceremony, so that everyone would have the chance to meet them.
    Ic- *Snorts at Frith*

Edit- ((You cant compare hatchling seasons to adults, when it takes one night a hatchling to reach season 7-10))

ooc: I don't compare seasons, I'm talking of the RoP of Adults. The logic is you can't be sexually mature/reproduce until you're an adult. So no matter if you're hatchling 100 or hatchling 30, if you've not ascended to an actual adult, you can't biologically have children.

Though I get why you introduced them - duh.

So Frith - IC wise - would not only think this is a biological impossibility, but would frown on "children having children" basically. I mean realistically - wouldn't you? Then we start getting into the idea of hatchling=children because adult=adult and when you start thinking of children having sex...well...

We get into topics best not discussed here . So this is why IC wise - this makes no sense to her and she disapproves. OOC wise to me, it doesnt' matter, my opinion is irelevant .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

((Silithus))
    Erm.. Where are you getting this? Both of us were ascended when we introduced the hatchlings.
    *Snorts*

(um, then obviously you had them before you ascended....you know, hatching, birth, growth...they didnt popout fully formed upon ascension did they! XD)
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

My Dear Frith --

Why, in the Name of Drulkar, are you ragging on Silithus and Drayca? They are fully ascended adults. I would never think of bonding hatchlings in the first place! They encourage hatchlings, giving them a place in their hearts and in activities that promote a cohesiveness to our Draconic community (a cohesiveness that has been sorely lacking of late among all Istarians owing to the Chaos that is reigning among the gods who rule over us.) And so, they presented their own as they seek to help repopulate the land. The joi de vivre of this happy event may be snuffed out by such negativism. Please, stop, I beg of you.

((ooc)) Come on -- it is hard enuf to get folk to want to come out to romp and frolick in the land and we may not have much more time in which to enjoy our beasties as it is. Please don't be a wet blanket on what little bit of joy and pleasure that the few of us still trying to play can derive from our remaining time in Istaria. We are all upset and grieving over the travesties being perpetrated against the game and its players, but to turn against one another in our grief . . . . *throws head back resolutely* I would rather die with dignity, celebrating life up to the last breath I take as one of the Gifted.

Thus, we contribute to the Community, and will continue to do so, until there is no one left to notice. If you no longer wish to join us OR to give us your approval, that is fine, but please refrain from raining on our efforts. You were not always this way *sad smile*

Very Respectfully,
    Icabald Percival Dragon
    Among the Few Remaining Elder Dragons of Order Shard
    Last edited by Icabald Percival dragon; February 22nd, 2007 at 03:07 AM.

Please understand I do not mean to rain on anyone's parade - but IC is IC, IC Frith is a certain way - and yes, she always has been so. He asked for my IC explanation so I gave it to him. And I thought the rest was harmless banter - I'm sorry if it was perceived as anything but.

Many times in dragon and KCE chat we've had similiar discussions on ages, "biology" , hatchlings vs. adults, what it means, what it doesn't - and its not raining on anyone's parade. That would only be if I like said they weren't allowed ro something which I never said nor implied :P.

I belive I stated DIRECTLY that I was happy and I MORE than approved - if you go back and read my intial post.

Its why I called a difference bewteen IC and OOC. OOC as I said it is just a discussion, of boredom if you will , and I would hope my views were irrelevant. IC its not happening, but IC I have a right to frown upon the actions of others if I want to - its not hte firsrt time I have done so. Or has it been so long since you RPed with us you've forgotten :P. Drama makes better RP anyway .

I am totally glad you're still there contributing to the community, and if I felt I had something to contribute or people around whom I could contribute I'd be able to get the drive to come in more often. It saddens me that I am not - it makes me happy that you continue to do so.

But no, none of this was meant to rag or put down anything. You know very well I have NEVER "dis" approved of anyone's RP (as if I had a right to), no matter how far out or wild or crazy or non-Horizons it was. I could care less - long as people RP.

But If I'm responding IC, Frith would be confused and disapprove - not of the bonding (though yes we've promised bonded hatchlings XD). This is RP.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

((Silithus))
    OOC- Maybe if Keir chet was around to teach this, we would have waited longer before introducing the hatchlings. As it is, I wasnt there when you discussed age-biology. If you have any problem with this, bring it to me in game. I want no more comments along this line posted here anymore.

IC- *Was born alone in the wild, and has no knowledge of the customs, besides the few the last remaining elders have taught. Because of this, he tends to get irked when an elder who has slept most of his entire life decides to pass judgement on his actions, and will not back down from a challenge.*

Thread Information