Thread: Was browsing through some screenies... (bit image heavy)

Default Was browsing through some screenies... (bit image heavy)

With Unity down and me feeling a bit nostalgic I went browsing through my screenshots.
    Thought maybe some of you would like a peak too so I'm sharing my favorites here

Mass attacking ED in special pants.

Read the fps counter :P

Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Great Pic's Cobol...thanks for sharing. The first shot of all the dragons was very cool.
    Drasdil Redin
    100 Paladin
    Order Shard

Very, very nice; thanks.

I'd forgotten about the pyramids and strange structures in the desert near Tazoon.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Gorgeous and for non dragons very fun to see the flying shots! Brings back a lot of memories of past excursions. I remember when the world was new, even in Beta, exploring all around....

Great! The special pants attack brings back such good memories.. thanks (I lost a lot of screenshots, this one I will keep at a safe place now )

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

*sigh* thx-sooo nice

I want to see more:-)

(I tried but did not work- I´ll try again)

What a battle this ED event was!!!
    It was so funny and so a great time

I miss terribly those moments

Default Warning spoilers don't read if you don't want to some game content.

Ok while we are hot I post some screenies of mine as well. They sort of make me sad, this is what Vahrokh is made of, his true priceless hoard, and his "story" and now it's all gone...

Here is a baby Vahrokh, scurrying around in the dawn of Horizons

The future was so bright, being in the single game with playable dragons, a cool crafting system and many friends...

For sure a game with a great future, how could it be different?

By the way this is the second Vahrokh, the first had an unrecoverable bug in his RoP and I had to restart all over.

Anyone remembers that moment? I still do and with commotion, after so many years...

The first days as adult, flying is something almost every man dreamt about.
    Dragons are something almost every culture created lore about.
    And Horizons had both.

Being a powerful dragon had its responsibilities, like helping young hatchies becoming adults themselves!

...and being one among several other powerful, ancient and wise dragons was another sweet feature of my race.
    Those "faces" probably say little to many, but for those who knew them, they still bring feelings from the past.
    Long life to you my old friends of a realm that is no more...

A regular Kion day, basking in the sun. No NPCs to take my roof at that time!

Ruth and our server "dragon queen" Daedra along with other famous biped people. Were great days...

Always loved the scenarios in this game. They were made with talent and love.

Who recalls about this event?

Other friends in another group "photo". People that made Horizons THE community game.
    Never, never found another game with people like this again.

More friends, yes we were that many...

Now this is my little alt, with that shoulder cow that should not exist on an European server but... it exists...

An host of biped friends, without them the game would have been definitely worse. They ARE Horizons for me

And here are more "key" dragons, the few surviving even today. Well, surviving if we'll ever get our server back that is.

Now, on a more "light" perspective, another show of what the outdated graphics can still do.
    Outdated yet I'd so love to return there...

This is the effect of a funny bug we had some time ago (in dragon terms, that is years).
    There's a load of bones to chew upon!

A fly-by of Tazoon, a symbol of Horizons idiosincrasies. Such of a bold project, so frail legs to sustain it.
    Yet with all its glitches, lag etc it's still and will still remain unique.

Just give us back our game already!!!!

Another icy location of many that I love

The details of some places are amazing and the feeling of freshly finished battle was so good

See, they can trash talk of the past companies till hell freezes over.
    Yet, with minimal budget, limited resources and not the "best" in anything they made this.
    You cannot find this scene in any other game, ever. Not even 8,000,000 subscription World Of Warcraft can come close and they are the most powerful company with rivers of money raining down.
    A dragon flying towards a nice waterfall. As simple, as impossible to have in any other game.

Other scenario:

Default Warning! ARoP spoilers from now on, don't read if you still have not done it!

And so the long awaited day came. Dragons could become ancient!

I could not miss being in the first "batch" of ancients on our server!

Of course what will do a true Lunus of the past do there?

Meat shield! And here we were, playing as truly supposed, Lunus on the front and getting a beating and Helians fighting with them, healing and blasting!
    Dragons figthing along with other dragons, with no biped to "feed" them for once.

After a long deal of fighting and a lot of death points, we passed the ordaly and we were ready to become the first ancients!

The process has started, now we are new, ancient beings.
    From now on Vahrokh Vain became Vahrokh the Ancient dragon (along with those other mates).

Life as ancient is GREAT! And unique. It's like living in a novel.

But sometimes reality brings you down the sky.
    First day at Kion, I discovered I had some "belly issues" at passing thru the bank entrance

Another great Ancient, called Cobal

And finally someone I can't ever forget, even if this game will eventually perish or our shard won't see the light again: Kasira.
    The sweetest, kindest, <insert here your term> person along with Galilee, Hagen and many many more (ok I'll stop here because I don't want to do an epic list).

Great thread, I love the pictures. I'll have a look through my own folder and see what I have to chronicle Pevils own journey (which, had the server still been around, would be approaching a full year now). These screenies just make me miss the game more and more.
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Awesome screens! Even though I did not play on Unity, it is truly sad that it has been so neglected. I would hate to see the day Order goes down. But, while no game can last forever, memories can

100/100/90
    Ancient dragoness of Order - Retired

Uh, those screens... I miss the game. I miss my Unity friends.

I have some nice screens of my own...

One day, I ported to Bristugo, and saw this:

We had no 'official' halloween event, but we made our own

The game was not without bugs

Oh boy, a HUGE tree...

I did have time for alts... here I'm doing some hunting with a guldie friend.

Checking out Shulahravaukar's lair with Rakku. Cool sights

This is a nice view too...

Oh well - I want my dragon (and server back)!!
    Last edited by Ahael; February 22nd, 2007 at 08:02 AM.

.................................................. .........
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Thread Information