Thread: Chaos Issues Feb 19. As if it matters.

Default Chaos Issues Feb 19. As if it matters.

Looks like we have the same old same old yet again. Long login time, up to 20 minutes by one report from a debug log. Very long silo/vault opening. Ticking past 15 minutes for my vault as I write this. Lair chambers took a couple of minutes to load and about 5 minutes for items transfered to appear.

Can someone at EI shake loose a few dollars to contract those that know what they are doing to give Chaos a much needed tune-up?

(edit: Took 23 minutes total for the vault to open up)
    Last edited by Solitaire; February 20th, 2007 at 02:03 AM.

But Peaches assured us it was fixed?!? I can't believe it!

Same problem here... 20 minute login, only to find I can't chat or do anything once I get in.

I have been unable to log into the game all day.
    Vengeance 100/100/41 Lunus Dragon on Chaos
    79 Million Hoard
    Moregoth the Hunter 278 rating
    28 level 100 adventure classes

Extremely long loading times into game 10 min to 45 min+.

Vault loading painfully slow.

Quest updates 30+ min.

Gifts taking several minutes to appear.

Combat actions grind to a screeching halt on some characters.

If the problem isn't resolved by early am, a reboot might be called for.

This entire weekend has been problematic off and on, but today has been painful, all day.

Quote Originally Posted by BKBanzai
    If the problem isn't resolved by early am, a reboot might be called for.
    Just keep rebooting it, the problem will go away on its own!

How about finding out what the problem is and fixing it first? Or better yet, find someone who knows how to fix it and let them do it.

Another rollback isn't going to help either (unless the initial cause has been found and addressed first).

Default so i am not the only one

i Log in to Clouds caus i am hoping i can slay a few golems and pop 50 warrior

this stinks gows off to play a Mine teasing archaic game Named Pharaoh
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

You will discover it can become even worse.

The day you won't have log in problems any more because your server is no more like ours. You'll feel physically bad.

try another game and you will feel good again ^^

we all want to play a good game. but to get frustrated is not our wish!

so decide how you can get happy again or reduce your bad feeling.

its obvious the Chaos Database is totally corrupt. Probably restored from a bad back up.

They may need to hire someone externally to come in and fix it.

Default Chaos Issues Feb 19. As if it matters

Quote Originally Posted by Kerech
    But Peaches assured us it was fixed?!? I can't believe it!

Same problem here... 20 minute login, only to find I can't chat or do anything once I get in.

What I said was:

Chaos Issues 2/13/o7

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

login took me forever, but the next login, was just fine. (currently) Fixed!

How did I assure you that chaos was totally fixed?

I tried 3 times yesterday, while building a new AM2 gaming system for my wife, to log in while I was installing the operating system...

The operating system was installed before my character logged in... which is sad... and to top that off, every time I did get in, my lair construction panel was blank, nothing would open up for inventory in silos, and 3-10 minutes later...

Bing error 91 transport, sorry but you've been disconnected.

Sigh...

I have all but given up any hope

Peaches, have them ship you the Chaos server so you can keep it in your basement... as a momento...
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

try another game and you will feel good again ^^
    I am playing other games but guess what, no dragon no fun.

I will type again: D R A G O N

Everything else is pointless, I get more fun calculating my taxes. Period.

oh that is then true bad

and there will be no other game with playable dragons in the next future (1-3 years)

Quote Originally Posted by vahrokh_the_ancient
    I am playing other games but guess what, no dragon no fun.

I will type again: D R A G O N

Everything else is pointless, I get more fun calculating my taxes. Period.
    illogical to quote a famous vulcan saying

if it was so fun why are you still not playing ? Your very post totally undeniably contradicts your assertion because no other game has dragons no other game is fun. Yet you no longer play HZ.

logically and more to the point very obviously playing a dragon wasn't enough for you to continue to play HZ because the games other issues made it no fun to continue to play.

Here is my hope for a future dragon MMORPG:

Vanguard

Why?

Because they already have "Wyrms" and dragon models in the game
    (my YouTube of one of their "ancient wyrms")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTLuI5r004E

Just like EQ2 and the "Fey" all it would take would be a developer to "use the ingame models" and add some casting effects, attack sequences, quest and lore content and in a later "expansion" or "addition" playable "wyrms"

(I can dream can't I)
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

TelShyia

well, i sure hope that someother game gets playable dragons. And sad to say, once i find it, i can say with some honesty that I will more than likely leave EI/PME to whatever fate awaits them. Until then, I'll just put up with all the 'issues', do nothing but hunt comps for Druidess, Plot, Daagor, and others. <sighs>

Quote Originally Posted by MadDwarf
    illogical to quote a famous vulcan saying

if it was so fun why are you still not playing ? Your very post totally undeniably contradicts your assertion because no other game has dragons no other game is fun. Yet you no longer play HZ.

logically and more to the point very obviously playing a dragon wasn't enough for you to continue to play HZ because the games other issues made it no fun to continue to play.
    heh by issues you mean the fact his server was deleted? He can't log in. And if an EU player doesn't have a credit card, (which several don't) then no dice on the NA servers
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by Aria
    heh by issues you mean the fact his server was deleted? He can't log in. And if an EU player doesn't have a credit card, (which several don't) then no dice on the NA servers

funny a euro friend of mine was able to play just fine using a check card that he refills everytime it gets emptied. Not a credit card btw. Played on the NA servers just fine.

Also btw he quit long before Unity was gone.

Long long before
    Last edited by MadDwarf; February 22nd, 2007 at 12:06 AM.

Thread Information